ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Having problems w/ HSMP (unmarried partner). Please advise!

Archived UK Tier 1 (General) points system forum. This route no longer exists.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

dennis_m
Newly Registered

Having problems w/ HSMP (unmarried partner). Please advise!

Post by dennis_m » Tue Nov 02, 2004 12:21 am

Hello everyone!

I am trying to prepare my HSMP case for filing. I have an unmarried partner (common-law). We have been together for more than 3 year, but a significant part of evidence of living together (bills, etc) have been lost. Basically I may not be able to prove our two last years together :(

Here is the question: if Home Office does recognize my evidences, then 1) I simply don't get points for the partner 2) My partner will also NOT be able to work in UK 3) My partner will NOT be allowed an entry in UK 4) Our application will be rejected completely.

Please suggest which one is true? I hope it is 1)...

Thanks!

shuma_shayan

Post by shuma_shayan » Tue Nov 02, 2004 4:40 am

your evidence of being lived together for more than 2 years is the way to get 10 points for spouse if she ./he is qualified or working somewhere .
If you are meeting 65 points or above without the spouse points then it will in no way affect ur application or spouse working there or having an entry there .
well you can go through the papers and find as much documents as you can find which can prove u have been living together .
it might be driving licenses or NIC 's having same address .
it might be any official letters coming to the same address.
It might be any travelling docsuments or passports showing the same address.
Tenency agreements
any kinda 4 documents

MWazir
Diamond Member

Re: Having problems w/ HSMP (unmarried partner). Please advi

Post by MWazir » Tue Nov 02, 2004 7:49 am

dennis_m wrote:Hello everyone!
Here is the question: if Home Office does recognize my evidences, then 1) I simply don't get points for the partner 2) My partner will also NOT be able to work in UK 3) My partner will NOT be allowed an entry in UK 4) Our application will be rejected completely.
Thanks!
As stated by shuma you will need to prove that your partner and you have been living together for 2 years. If recognised by the HO, this will fetch you 10 points.

What happens if the HO does not recognise it? Despite not getting the points for your partner, if you get more than 65 points you will recieve an HSMP approval. After this, you will be going for EC. At the time of EC, you can get a depedent visa for your unmarried partner. You will however have you convince the visa officer based on the evidence you present.

I would recommend you gather as much evidence as possible. I understand some of your bills have been lost. Is it possible for you to appraoch the utlity companies and ask for duplicate copies?

Also search for posts by duende.