ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

10 years long residence applications

Only for queries regarding Indefinite Leave to Remain (ILR). Please use the EU Settlement Scheme forum for queries about settled status under Appendix EU

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

prem_singh123
Mood:
India

Re: 10 years long residence applications

Post by prem_singh123 » Thu Jun 26, 2014 9:55 pm

You can apply 28 days before 15th August 2014, as 90 days concession time doesn't apply in Long Residence application.

Hope this is clear to u now.

game_of_luck wrote:Being a reader for a long time I am posting my 1st quest:
I was granted student visa on 19th July 2004 and entered UK on 15 Aug 2004. No gaps ever since and all applications in time. Currently on Tier 1 General expiring in Nov.
Can I apply now as I have heard that IF first entry is within 90 days of visa date then the 10 yr qualifying time starts from the visa date rather than the entry date. Does this mean I am eligible from 22nd June? Just being impatient :oops:
Please advise.. Gurus (Amber/Vinni)
Shahjee, Sajjad and others please guide.

rmkirfan
Member of Standing
Mood:
United Kingdom

Post by rmkirfan » Thu Jun 26, 2014 10:30 pm

hk76in wrote:Hi,
In 2013 February there was a case of tussle between me and my wife and police was involved. I was taken to police station but later my wife took her case back and i was released from the cell after the statement was taken the same day. will that affect my 10 year ILR application. any suggestion welcome.
If you are not convicted , I will not effect LR.

game_of_luck
Newly Registered

Post by game_of_luck » Thu Jun 26, 2014 10:42 pm

Thanks for the reply, I couldn't find that it doesn't apply to LR but your reply makes it a bit clear

prem_singh123 wrote:You can apply 28 days before 15th August 2014, as 90 days concession time doesn't apply in Long Residence application.

Hope this is clear to u now.

I was granted student visa on 19th July 2004 and entered UK on 15 Aug 2004. No gaps ever since and all applications in time. Currently on Tier 1 General expiring in Nov.
Can I apply now as I have heard that IF first entry is within 90 days of visa date then the 10 yr qualifying time starts from the visa date rather than the entry date. Does this mean I am eligible from 22nd June? Just being impatient :oops:

shahjee1234

Post by shahjee1234 » Thu Jun 26, 2014 10:53 pm

Hello game_of_luck,
No that rule doesn't apply on you, you can apply 28 days before 15 August, around 18th July I would say, which is not far. you are almost there so don't get impatient , that is the time that you need to be patient and focused, get your application and documents together, and get ready for it. I wish you all the best with your application mate. Take care.
Kind regards
Shahjee
Application send: 10/02/2014
Acknowl received: 17/02/2014
Biometric received: 05/03/2014
Biometric recorded: 05/03/2014
Approval date: 13/06/2014

shahjee1234

Post by shahjee1234 » Thu Jun 26, 2014 11:00 pm

MBU001 wrote:I called them yesterday and got the call back today with the news :)
well done Ali Bahi, congratulations, great result. You did it in style.....Home Office calling you, that is a one off trust me.
Good news keep coming, happy days. Enjoy your full freedom my Brov. Take care.
Kind regards
Shahjee

shahjee1234

Post by shahjee1234 » Thu Jun 26, 2014 11:05 pm

hassan5805 wrote:Hello Everyone.

Rang home office and they saying, we are still dealing with February Applicants and you will have to wait bit longer because they have not started the March applications Yet.
She also cant give the time frame,

Regards
Hassan Bahi, almost there. Very soon INSHALLAH you will get to hear the good news. Keep us posted.
Kind regards
Shahjee

shahjee1234

Post by shahjee1234 » Thu Jun 26, 2014 11:12 pm

ik_aam_insaan wrote:Hello all just a quick post will share the whole experience later on .
My mrs set m application got approved at 14 30 hrs today at peo liverpool by the grace of Allah Almighty .

Travelling home now ......
ik_aam_insaan Bahi, many congratulations! that is great news. Please share your full experience, we are eagerly waiting. Once again congratulations to you and your Mrs.
Kind regards
Shahjee

cool mind

Post by cool mind » Fri Jun 27, 2014 1:54 am

Question to all, shahjee & ik_am_insan!
1. Along with set (lr) form any need to send transcript too with original uk passed degree certificate or certificate is enough?
2. Is there any photocopy of documents especially the passport does need to attach with set (lr) or not?
regards

Ishtiaq2014
Newly Registered

Post by Ishtiaq2014 » Fri Jun 27, 2014 2:08 am

ik_aam_insaan wrote:Hello all just a quick post will share the whole experience later on .
My mrs set m application got approved at 14 30 hrs today at peo liverpool by the grace of Allah Almighty .

congratulation

zzzindagi

Post by zzzindagi » Fri Jun 27, 2014 2:38 am

shahjee1234 wrote:

ik_aam_insaan Bahi, many congratulations! that is great news. Please share your full experience, we are eagerly waiting. Once again congratulations to you and your Mrs.
Kind regards
Shahjee
Shah Jee I need your advise please... I am eligible to apply for ILR under 10 years rule next month..
My wife joined me in the UK in Oct 2010 as PSW dependent then few months later I got her visa changed to Tier 1 Dependent. She left UK in Nov 2011 after living 13 months. Her visa got expired in Pakistan. I applied for my Tier 1 extension and after getting my visa I applied her new Tier 1 Dependent visa and she joined me back in May 2013. She lived Pakistan for 18 months and returned back after getting new visa. Her visa is expiring in 2016. Please advice me what should I do and what visa she should apply etc. also can i wait until 2016 and switch to FLR(M) just before the expiry of her visa. I have two kids born here and i will be applying their MN1 after my ILR.
I would be thankful if you give me your valuable advise on the above. Thanks.
ZR

game_of_luck
Newly Registered

Post by game_of_luck » Fri Jun 27, 2014 4:56 am

Thanks Shahjee.
Everything is ready, just waiting for the time to come. Good luck to you too for your families visas.
shahjee1234 wrote:
Hello game_of_luck,
No that rule doesn't apply on you, you can apply 28 days before 15 August, around 18th July I would say, which is not far. you are almost there so don't get impatient , that is the time that you need to be patient and focused, get your application and documents together, and get ready for it. I wish you all the best with your application mate. Take care.
Kind regards
Shahjee

cool mind

Post by cool mind » Fri Jun 27, 2014 12:58 pm

Question to all, shahjee & ik_am_insan!
1. Along with set (lr) form any need to send transcript too with original uk passed degree certificate or certificate is enough to meet English language requirement?
2. Is there any need to send photocopies of documents especially the passport with set (lr) or not?
regards

shahjee1234

Post by shahjee1234 » Fri Jun 27, 2014 1:12 pm

cool mind wrote:Question to all, shahjee & ik_am_insan!
1. Along with set (lr) form any need to send transcript too with original uk passed degree certificate or certificate is enough?
2. Is there any photocopy of documents especially the passport does need to attach with set (lr) or not?
regards
Hello cool mind,
Regards to your first question, I did send original degree and transcripts, so I would suggest you do the same, as there is no harm in doing so. Please mention it on the final page of the application in the columns what you are providing e.g original degree with transcripts total No....
Your second question, yes you have to attach copies of all your passports, especially the pages which are relevant, means to say where there are visas and entry and exit stamps, and photo copies of you BRP card.
You have to send photocopies of documents, which are mentioned in section C of the form, and that are your passports and BRP card.
I hope it helps mate. All the best with your applications.
Kind regards
Shahjee

shahjee1234

Post by shahjee1234 » Fri Jun 27, 2014 2:23 pm

zzzindagi wrote:
Shah Jee I need your advise please... I am eligible to apply for ILR under 10 years rule next month..
My wife joined me in the UK in Oct 2010 as PSW dependent then few months later I got her visa changed to Tier 1 Dependent. She left UK in Nov 2011 after living 13 months. Her visa got expired in Pakistan. I applied for my Tier 1 extension and after getting my visa I applied her new Tier 1 Dependent visa and she joined me back in May 2013. She lived Pakistan for 18 months and returned back after getting new visa. Her visa is expiring in 2016. Please advice me what should I do and what visa she should apply etc. also can i wait until 2016 and switch to FLR(M) just before the expiry of her visa. I have two kids born here and i will be applying their MN1 after my ILR.
I would be thankful if you give me your valuable advise on the above. Thanks.
Hi zzzindagi,
You have two options, first to apply you SET(LR) next month and wait for that to be approved and after your approval apply for your Mrs FLR(M).
Second choice is to apply your SET(LR) and you apply her FLR(M) along with you, and ask the Home Office to hold the decision on her case till the time your one is decided, and once your case is decided than they will decide on your Mrs case almost immediately as both the cases are clubbed and it takes them a few days more to send you their decision.
Frankly in my opinion you should opt for the first option as there is no time urgency in your Mrs case, she has a valid visa till 2016, but I would not suggest you to wait till 2016 after your SET(LR) is issued, the reason being that the quicker she get on the FLR(M) the quicker she would get to her ILR.
I hope it helps mate. Many thanks.
Kind regards
Shahjee

cool mind

Post by cool mind » Fri Jun 27, 2014 3:02 pm

shahjee1234 wrote:
cool mind wrote:Question to all, shahjee & ik_am_insan!
regards
Hello cool mind,
Regards to your first question, I did send original degree and transcripts, so I would suggest you do the same, as there is no harm in doing so. Please mention it on the final page of the application in the columns what you are providing e.g original degree with transcripts total No....
Your second question, yes you have to attach copies of all your passports, especially the pages which are relevant, means to say where there are visas and entry and exit stamps, and photo copies of you BRP card.
You have to send photocopies of documents, which are mentioned in section C of the form, and that are your passports and BRP card.
I hope it helps mate. All the best with your applications.
Kind regards
Shahjee
Thanks shahjee, How about if previous visa is stamped on passport instead of being printed on BRP and there are three passports altogether then only the visa/entry/exit stamps/passport details page need to photocopy or the whole passports pages (50 pages each). Moreover, presently the visa is on passport but last to last visas were on BRP which is already kept by UKBA when they granted the next extension on passport then will its photocopy of those BRP also need which applicant don't have now??.

c4551m
Pakistan

Post by c4551m » Fri Jun 27, 2014 3:33 pm

Hi just rang home office for the update on my application, the advisor said the system showed last update on 23rd june that its with the case worker now, just wondering hows long its gonna take now. application was sent in march. thanks
Flro applied 23.02.14
Varied application to SET LR 3.3.14
Biometrics done 24.3.14
Approval 24.7.14
Docs received 28.7,14

boyb82

Post by boyb82 » Fri Jun 27, 2014 3:37 pm

c4551m wrote:Hi just rang home office for the update on my application, the advisor said the system showed last update on 23rd june that its with the case worker now, just wondering hows long its gonna take now. application was sent in march. thanks

What date did u send your application ???

hassan5805
Member of Standing

Post by hassan5805 » Fri Jun 27, 2014 3:52 pm

c4551m wrote:Hi just rang home office for the update on my application, the advisor said the system showed last update on 23rd june that its with the case worker now, just wondering hows long its gonna take now. application was sent in march. thanks
I have just reviewed the skydrive and your name isnt there. Would you please let us know when did you applied and when you have enrolled for Bio Metric.

Regards

hassan5805
Member of Standing

Post by hassan5805 » Fri Jun 27, 2014 3:53 pm

MBU001 wrote:I called them yesterday and got the call back today with the news :)

Ali Bhai Slam,

Did you receive your approval letter or not?

Regards

shahfurqan
Member of Standing

Post by shahfurqan » Fri Jun 27, 2014 5:15 pm

Hello dear,

while completing subject access request form i only crossed visa application records and now i am confused that what kind of information i shall receive from ukba.will this option also be included any gaps,overstaying period if any????

thanks

MBU001
Newly Registered

Post by MBU001 » Fri Jun 27, 2014 6:26 pm

hassan5805 wrote:

Ali Bhai Slam,

Regards

Walaikumsalam Hassan Bhai, Shahgee and all dear members,

BY THE GRACE OF ALLAH (SWT) My application has been approved and i have received my docs back today. BRP will be sent shortly Very happy :lol: :lol: :lol: and excited. Its time for me to move on now. THANK YOU ALL FOR YOUR GENEROUS INFORMATION AND RESPONSES. HIGHLY APPRECIATED.

time line : Application sent : 20/02/2014
Application approved : 26/06/2014

Just one clarification
My old BRP card has not been returned as i was on Tier 1 general. Can someone please let me know that this should be returned also.

mind202
Mood:
Pakistan

Post by mind202 » Fri Jun 27, 2014 6:29 pm

Congratulations..please share ur time line..
Regards

cool mind

Post by cool mind » Fri Jun 27, 2014 6:59 pm

MBU001 wrote:
hassan5805 wrote:

Ali Bhai Slam,

Regards

Walaikumsalam Hassan Bhai, Shahgee and all dear members,

BY THE GRACE OF ALLAH (SWT) My application has been approved and i have received my docs back today. BRP will be sent shortly Very happy :lol: :lol: :lol: and excited. Its time for me to move on now. THANK YOU ALL FOR YOUR GENEROUS INFORMATION AND RESPONSES. HIGHLY APPRECIATED.

time line : Application sent : 20/02/2014
Application approved : 26/06/2014

Just one clarification
My old BRP card has not been returned as i was on Tier 1 general. Can someone please let me know that this should be returned also.
congratulations on your success on the Friday the blissful day. Can you share what documents you sent? Did you send any photocopy of passport and the photocopy of other supporting documents? If you send passport photocopy then the whole passports pages or only visas/entry/exit stamps pages?

MBU001
Newly Registered

Post by MBU001 » Fri Jun 27, 2014 9:21 pm

Thanks Brother... I sent all my original passport and 1 set of photocopies of all of them along with the BRP card if you have been issued one, Life in the UK Original certificate, English language proof and thats all. I have sent the photocopies of all the pages in order to ensure that it wont get delayed.

Regards
Ali

cool mind

Post by cool mind » Fri Jun 27, 2014 10:26 pm

Many thanks brother. And how about question B14 & B15 about address. If the current home address is less than 5 years then in B15 the applicant need to give previous address and if previous is also less then 5 years then is there any need to continue to give 5 years address but the column in form finish there without giving further space to write?