ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Traveling to Scotland

Use this section for any queries concerning the EU Settlement Scheme, for applicants holding pre-settled and settled status.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

ninjaman

Traveling to Scotland

Post by ninjaman » Sat Jun 28, 2014 9:46 pm

Hi guys,

I live in northern Ireland and my wife is holding a dual nationality Irish/British. Iam in the process of applying for irish nationality.

I have an expired residence card, which expired earlier this year (5 year permit) and I will be travelling to scotland later this year. will I be in trouble?

I dont know what to say if I get stopped...can someone please advice me?

I havent yet started the process of applying for the UK permant resindence as Iam in the middle of applying for irish nationality.

Please help

bluecole2
- thin ice -

Re: Traveling to Scotland

Post by bluecole2 » Sat Jun 28, 2014 11:19 pm

I do not see any trouble brewing your way. There's no border as it's the same country. All you need is an ID. You don't need a visa to visit Scotland.

Just make sure your spouse is in the country, just in case they may want to verify your status in the unlikely event you are stopped and questioned.

ninjaman

Re: Traveling to Scotland

Post by ninjaman » Sat Jun 28, 2014 11:26 pm

oh, thank you so much...

this is keeping me awake at night...

I will take my uk drivers licence and (in case they want to see it) my passport

thanks again