ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Spousal Visa Application - Pakistan (Timeline Only)

Family member & Ancestry immigration; don't post other immigration categories, please!
Marriage | Unmarried Partners | Fiancé | Ancestry

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

prayforus
Member of Standing

Re: Spousal Visa Application - Pakistan (Timeline Only)

Post by prayforus » Sat Jun 28, 2014 4:52 pm

As with everyone on here I think it's clear to say that sometimes being patient wears thin. I decided to send an e-mail to UKVI asking about my wife's case. It's only been 3 weeks (excluding weekends), yet I feel my wife's application is clear as day. It's our 2nd application and circumstances haven't changed, CAT A and CAT D are fully met.

Anyway, they replied back to my question about how long does 'further enquiries usually take?' with 'your application is still in process for further investigation.' Totally missing the point of my question as usual. Although they all said that 'Each application is subject to an individual assessment and processing times may vary, hence applicants are requested to be patient and wait for the processing to be completed.'

What worries me is that they do give an average time of 3-6 months, yet what after the end of 6 months they just put you on hold? Processing times need to be quicker, we give them the documentation to show that we meet the requirements, they have every right to question authenticity of what we submit. Yet I feel they are not doing enough to speed up the process. A few phone calls/faxes and they can prove everything to be legitimate or fake.

If the UK can get more people to clear the passport backlog, then why can't the BHC to clear up backlogs of visa applications?

Doesn't make sense to me.

zeeh
Member of Standing

Post by zeeh » Sat Jun 28, 2014 5:00 pm

musriz wrote:Zeeh - any news ?
musriz
zeesh :? . there is no update,ukiv is useless ask me to send details so they can escalate the case but when i send them they goes you still got one more week b4 we escalate. i received e mail fro Bhc Islamabad conforming they have passed P60 to relevant departments.
i will wait till end of next Friday and then file the complaint and also raise the issue with Mp, meanwhile just praying. but my calutaion of time is
From friday,3 january, 2014 to saturday, 28 june, 2014
Days=177
working days=122
weeks =25
but i don't understand UKIV counting
May the blessings of Allah fill your life with happiness and open all the doors of success now and always.

prayforus
Member of Standing

Post by prayforus » Sat Jun 28, 2014 5:02 pm

UKVI state that 1 week is 5 working days.
Last edited by prayforus on Sat Jun 28, 2014 5:11 pm, edited 1 time in total.

asiabi
Newly Registered

Post by asiabi » Sat Jun 28, 2014 5:09 pm

asiabi wrote:
maniani wrote:
asiabi wrote:Hi

I need advice for a friend who came to the UK nearly 2 years ago . When she submitted her spouse visa she didn't actually sit the English test and instead went to a centre where they get someone else to sit the test for u, how ever 4 months ago she received a letter form the home office stating that they believe her English test isn't illegal . She has a daughter who is 8 months old. She didn't win the tribunal case. the judge said that he has reason to believe that she was aware that she knew the test was done properly and that it is a very serious case coming to the UK under fraud . She has now appealing in high court under family life.

Could you please advice if there any chance she could win the case and what could happen in a situation like this or if anyone one knows anyone else in this situation

Any advice would be great

THANK YOU
Your friend has a very low chance of winning the case because the english test was done by fraud. But in meanwhile your friend can take a another exam to satisfy english requirment and can present it in the court but he has verry little chance to win the case.
She has sat another English test here a few weeks ago , if she loses the high court appeal can she appeal again or not. The English test that she has done is there any chance of winning the case. Thank you for your advice

maniani
United Kingdom

Post by maniani » Sat Jun 28, 2014 5:35 pm

asiabi wrote:
maniani wrote:
asiabi wrote:Hi

I need advice for a friend who came to the UK nearly 2 years ago . When she submitted her spouse visa she didn't actually sit the English test and instead went to a centre where they get someone else to sit the test for u, how ever 4 months ago she received a letter form the home office stating that they believe her English test isn't illegal . She has a daughter who is 8 months old. She didn't win the tribunal case. the judge said that he has reason to believe that she was aware that she knew the test was done properly and that it is a very serious case coming to the UK under fraud . She has now appealing in high court under family life.

Could you please advice if there any chance she could win the case and what could happen in a situation like this or if anyone one knows anyone else in this situation

Any advice would be great

THANK YOU
Your friend has a very low chance of winning the case because the english test was done by fraud. But in meanwhile your friend can take a another exam to satisfy english requirment and can present it in the court but he has verry little chance to win the case.
She has sat another English test here a few weeks ago , if she loses the high court appeal can she appeal again or not. The English test that she has done is there any chance of winning the case. Thank you for your advice
Your friend can appeal to court of appeal after losing appeal in high court.

musriz
Member of Standing

Post by musriz » Sat Jun 28, 2014 5:39 pm

zeeh wrote:
musriz
zeesh :? . there is no update,ukiv is useless ask me to send details so they can escalate the case but when i send them they goes you still got one more week b4 we escalate. i received e mail fro Bhc Islamabad conforming they have passed P60 to relevant departments.
i will wait till end of next Friday and then file the complaint and also raise the issue with Mp, meanwhile just praying. but my calutaion of time is
Days=177
working days=122
weeks =25
I work yours out to 122 working days. You are in your 25th working week now.
They did exactly the same to me, requested details to escalate the case and then emailed back with their BS service standards.
I think now you are in a position to say to them 'you have exceeded your 24 weeks service standards, kindly finalise my case'.
I still have 7 working days left yet, am feeling hopeful for the coming week especially it being Ramadan a month full of blessings and Allah swt mercy.
Applied 17th Jan 2014
VAC Mirpur
Category A (Husband)
Called for Interview 3rd July 2014
ALHAMDHULILLAH VISA GRANTED SAME DAY
Total 117 working days

musriz
Member of Standing

Post by musriz » Sat Jun 28, 2014 6:06 pm

Prayforus- I can fully relate to how you feel. Just cant figure out how they assess the applications and why some take so long.
Look at Haze77 case. He submitted the same day as me. After 23 weeks they have put him on hold. The reason they gave (his rent not going into his bank account) would have been picked up in the first week of him applying. Yet they still took 5.5 weeks to notify him.
It is clear they dont need 5.5 months to assess any case as we have seen since April how quick they are able to process.
I have taken this matter up with my MP how unfair this system is.
Applied 17th Jan 2014
VAC Mirpur
Category A (Husband)
Total 117 working days

Xiko

Post by Xiko » Sat Jun 28, 2014 6:09 pm

zeeh wrote:
musriz
Days=177
working days=122
weeks =25

I am in same position as u.. I fwded my p60 employment history they send me confirmation end of may then contacted through mp after 3 weeks thdy replied mp enquires are still going on i then escalated the case with ukiv they replied after 1 week that they are still processing it i am on my 31 week..

Xiko

Post by Xiko » Sat Jun 28, 2014 6:16 pm

What are the consequences of making the complaint. If we do complain then will they not say to the complaints ppl as well that the are making checks processing i mean similar sort of responses.

prayforus
Member of Standing

Post by prayforus » Sat Jun 28, 2014 6:22 pm

musriz wrote:Prayforus- I can fully relate to how you feel. Just cant figure out how they assess the applications and why some take so long.
Look at Haze77 case. He submitted the same day as me. After 23 weeks they have put him on hold. The reason they gave (his rent not going into his bank account) would have been picked up in the first week of him applying. Yet they still took 5.5 weeks to notify him.
It is clear they dont need 5.5 months to assess any case as we have seen since April how quick they are able to process.
I have taken this matter up with my MP how unfair this system is.
They just want to take as much time as possible. I feel it's their way of denying people to come to the UK legitimately and indirectly allow for marriages to break down. Let's face it, the time being apart from a wife/husband will shed it's weight on either party.

They're very cunning and know that people will suffer but they do not care at all. For them it's extra money for every applicant who will be re-applying. The first thing they probably look at is the financial side of things. It's the 'checks' which take the time.

What checks? Employment/tax/bank is all I can think of being the main. Even with that being said, it shouldn't take that long!

Our first time applying I think it took around 90 days (from mirpur) to give us an answer that it's on hold.

This time round I've been hammering away e-mailing UKVI (I may as well get them to do some work), nearly every week asking about my wife's application, I do this so I know exactly what's going on.

As of June 16th 2014 (submitted in person 30th May 2014), I know it's been reviewed by an ECO and they're doing their 'further checks', they probably want to know if I'm spiderman or something lol. That's 10 working days (up to now) for them to do their further checks. 10 working days is a lot of days, why should it take so long when they have the authority/power to get every information that they need. Unless it's whoever they're contacting that takes the time to re-apply or supply them with the information they've requested. Even then, what are they requesting? If we have supplied them with the same employers payslips/ banks - bank statements/ and all the updated communication etc...

I also worked out the calculations that reflected my use of savings for them! What's left???

It's the Holy month of Ramadan and as Allahsubhanatala wills, that's how it happens. I pray that the ECO and other people involved gain the intellect and soft hearts to allow spouses to be with one and other.

It's been a major test of my faith has this, and if I'm honest, it's like people who you expected to support you, want to see you suffer. This is why I'm glad there is a place like this so we can just help each other and read what everyone else is going through.

zeeh
Member of Standing

Post by zeeh » Sat Jun 28, 2014 8:46 pm

well working days 120 in 24 weeks right? i am on 122?
May the blessings of Allah fill your life with happiness and open all the doors of success now and always.

musriz
Member of Standing

Post by musriz » Sat Jun 28, 2014 9:21 pm

zeeh wrote:well working days 120 in 24 weeks right? i am on 122?
Yes you are on 122... your in your 25th week now. You should email them right away.
Applied 17th Jan 2014
VAC Mirpur
Category A (Husband)
Total 117 working days

zeeh
Member of Standing

Post by zeeh » Sat Jun 28, 2014 9:29 pm

musriz wrote:
Yes you are on 122... your in your 25th week now. You should email them right away.
i have email them on Friday BHC Islamabad and UKVI lets hope for good. Insha ALLAH

Zazam

Post by Zazam » Sat Jun 28, 2014 9:31 pm

:( :( :( :( :|
I've given up.................................
... Rubbish

aneesa786

Post by aneesa786 » Sat Jun 28, 2014 9:36 pm

There's only been 23 actual weeks since 17/01/14
And there have been at least 4 bank holidays since also (Good Friday, Easter Monday, Early May Bank Holiday, Late May Bank Holiday) so you're on just over 22 weeks. 112 working days.

In Shaa Allah you should hear really soon
Centre: Islamabad
Online application: 20/12/13
Submitted: 30/12/13
Forwarded to ISB OC: 30/12/13
Under process at BHC : 13/01/14
Call for RFC: 24/06/14
Outcome: Visa Granted Alhamdulillah

musriz
Member of Standing

Post by musriz » Sat Jun 28, 2014 9:39 pm

prayforus - Ameen Sum Ameen.

You are completely right. They deliberately take their time so some marriages break down, some people lose their jobs and in some cases so applicants cannot rectify mistakes they have made in their application because it will be too late to be put right.

No checks take 5-6 months, they are just misleading us.

Now I understand why people choose to bypass this spouse visa option and choose the SS route.

It is the month of blessings and mercy so lets stay strong. May Allah make it easy for us all and re-unite us with our spouses very soon Ameen Sum Ameen
Applied 17th Jan 2014
VAC Mirpur
Category A (Husband)
Total 117 working days

musriz
Member of Standing

Post by musriz » Sat Jun 28, 2014 9:41 pm

aneesa786 wrote:
And there have been at least 4 bank holidays since also (Good Friday, Easter Monday, Early May Bank Holiday, Late May Bank Holiday) so you're on just over 22 weeks. 112 working days.

Aneesa im on 113 days... 22 full working weeks.. now in my 23rd week.. ..
Zeeh is on 122 days. He applied before me.
Last edited by musriz on Sat Jun 28, 2014 10:29 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Applied 17th Jan 2014
VAC Mirpur
Category A (Husband)
Total 117 working days

aneesa786

Post by aneesa786 » Sat Jun 28, 2014 9:44 pm

musriz wrote:
aneesa786 wrote:

Aneesa im on 112 days... 22 full working weeks.. now in my 23rd week.. ..
Zeeh is on 122 days. He applied before me.

Oh sorry I read the wrong signature...
Last edited by aneesa786 on Sat Jun 28, 2014 9:44 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Centre: Islamabad
Online application: 20/12/13
Submitted: 30/12/13
Forwarded to ISB OC: 30/12/13
Under process at BHC : 13/01/14
Call for RFC: 24/06/14
Outcome: Visa Granted Alhamdulillah

musriz
Member of Standing

Post by musriz » Sat Jun 28, 2014 9:44 pm

Zazam wrote::( :( :( :( :|
I've given up.................................
Nooo Zazam... Chin up, dont give up. Look its Ramadan the month of mercy and blessings... we will all hear soon In Shaa Allah
Applied 17th Jan 2014
VAC Mirpur
Category A (Husband)
Total 117 working days

musriz
Member of Standing

Post by musriz » Sat Jun 28, 2014 9:46 pm

Ramadan Kareem to all the brothers and sisters on this forum.
Lets all stay strong and make plenty of dua for each other.
Applied 17th Jan 2014
VAC Mirpur
Category A (Husband)
Total 117 working days

saf786
Member of Standing

Post by saf786 » Sat Jun 28, 2014 10:56 pm

musriz wrote:Ramadan Kareem to all the brothers and sisters on this forum.
Lets all stay strong and make plenty of dua for each other.
InshaAllah :-) Ramadan Mubarak x

phaara
Member of Standing

Post by phaara » Sun Jun 29, 2014 8:23 am

aoa,

musriz then in which week i am right now.. i applied on 31/1/2014

according to me i think my 105 days completed but as you r saying about some holidays so don't know accurate days.. i m also waiting to to email after few days because last week they replied to escalate but i think no outcome yet
online app 29/1/2014
Biometric 31/1/2014
Forwarded to Isb OC on 3/2/2014
RFC 2/10/2014

phaara
Member of Standing

Post by phaara » Sun Jun 29, 2014 8:25 am

well,

wishing you all a happy and bless Ramadan.. may Allah answer our prayers and grant all of us visa in this holy and bless month of Ramadan inshaAllah.. Remember me in your best dua brother n sisters..
online app 29/1/2014
Biometric 31/1/2014
Forwarded to Isb OC on 3/2/2014
RFC 2/10/2014

musriz
Member of Standing

Post by musriz » Sun Jun 29, 2014 9:43 am

phaara wrote:aoa,

musriz then in which week i am right now.. i applied on 31/1/2014

according to me i think my 105 days completed but as you r saying about some holidays so don't know accurate days.. i m also waiting to to email after few days because last week they replied to escalate but i think no outcome yet
You applied 10 working days after me.
103 working days for you. 20 full weeks and 3 working days.
Applied 17th Jan 2014
VAC Mirpur
Category A (Husband)
Total 117 working days

Safikazmi12

Post by Safikazmi12 » Sun Jun 29, 2014 4:47 pm

Ramzan Mubarak to All respected Forum members!! I pray that all if us listen good news about their visas...
MY TIMELINE:
APPLICATION DATE: 20 JANUARY 2014 (ISLAMABAD)
RFC: Visa Granted on 23-09-2014