ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

10 years long residence applications

Only for queries regarding Indefinite Leave to Remain (ILR). Please use the EU Settlement Scheme forum for queries about settled status under Appendix EU

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

hassan5805
Member of Standing

Re: 10 years long residence applications

Post by hassan5805 » Sun Jun 29, 2014 3:05 am

msmussaf wrote:Some one Updated Google drive
SAM App Sent 12-03-2014 received approval 28-06-14

Who is this didnt receive congratulation and update silently.
Yes bro i hve noticed that too .. But when i rang home office last week they were saying still doing it the February applications..Whoz thia Sam anywz??

sajjadali707

Post by sajjadali707 » Sun Jun 29, 2014 9:47 am

game_of_luck wrote:
sajjadali707 wrote:
game_of_luck wrote:Being a reader for a long time I am posting my 1st quest:
I was granted student visa on 19th July 2004 and entered UK on 15 Aug 2004. No gaps ever since and all applications in time. Currently on Tier 1 General expiring in Nov.
Can I apply now as I have heard that IF first entry is within 90 days of visa date then the 10 yr qualifying time starts from the visa date rather than the entry date. Does this mean I am eligible from 22nd June? Just being impatient :oops:
Please advise.. Gurus (Amber/Vinni)
Shahjee, Sajjad and others please guide.
Hi my friend
Happy to hear that you are getting freedom soon, but you need to be little more patient as your 28 days qualifying period is from day you got your first entry in UK which is 15 th August.
As one of our kind friend Prem _ singh already mentioned.
Best of luck.
Sajjad bhae thankyou for the kind words, this freedom is longggg awaited!
Passports, life in UK result, photos, degree & transcripts are enough I believe? Also what should I write in the cover letter, mention SAR?
Thanks everyone
Dear friend
If your whole 10 year period was legitimate and no over stay then I will suggest not to provide any extra thing other than they asked.
Application sent 11/02/2014
Ackn dated. 12/02/2014
Ackn received. 17/02/2014
Bio letter dated. 05/03/2014
Bio letter rcvd. 13/03/2014
Biometric done. 13/03/2014
Approval dated 17/06/2014
BRP received 19/06/2014

Umerjawad
Newly Registered

Post by Umerjawad » Sun Jun 29, 2014 10:42 am

Hi,
I have been recommended by my friend to post my issue with ILR application here. Would be much appreciated if you may help me this matter please.
Basically I applied for SET-LR in end of Feb 2014 and now have received the letter from HO regarding issues with language course ETS TOEFL IBT which had taken in 12th April 13 and I used it for Tier1 (Spouse visa) in July 2013 and got accepted.
On the letter states 'As part of your application you submitted test evidence for the English language requirement from ETS TOEIC we have identified this discrepancies with some evidence from this test provider and so we will not be able to process your application and placed it on hold while we investigate. Although we will normally decide your application within six months, unfortunately this may not be possible in your case.This is because your application raises exceptionally complex issues and we require for the time to consider your case thoroughly and reach a decision. As such it falls out side its normal service standards for deciding applications.Please be assured that we will make a decision on your case as quickly as possible'
My concern is that I called up HO before applying to ask whether this course is acceptable and they said yes! Below is the link on page 28 that is the test I have taken.
https://www.gov.uk/government/uploads/s ... _tests.pdf

Also in the letter mentions that they will not accept evidence from ETS and I could get a new certificate from different awarding body and send it to them to make my application process quicker!
In the end it says that we are holding all cases with ETS TOEIC and TEOFL English test until we have fully resolved the discrepancies that have been identified.
I would like to ask what is the best to do in this circumstance and can they do this after this long waiting?
Thank you for your time!

Best regards

Umerjawad

fiazpk
Newly Registered

Post by fiazpk » Sun Jun 29, 2014 12:19 pm

Hello Brother,
i am sorry to hear about you application holdup, but you might be aware Home Office removed ETS from its list of approved lanuage provider earlier this year, after BBC panorama program,

there is a criminal investigation going on and i am sorry to say, according to my understanding, there is nothing you can do until the investigation is over,
even providing a new certificate or a university degree at the moment would not make any difference, but it would be a good idea to get an other certificate just in case HomeOffice declare ETS certificates invalid,

HOME OFFICE analysis of ETS identified more than 29,000 invalid test results and more than 19,000 questionable ones at “a number of ETS test centers in the U.K. operating in 2012 and 2013.”

for further information please visit,
http://www.insidehighered.com/news/2014 ... Jh3U2.dpbs

hope you will come out of this loop successfully, my prayer are with you,

regarss,
FiazPK

allwell46
United Kingdom

Post by allwell46 » Sun Jun 29, 2014 1:40 pm

Salam shahjee123
Soryy, I beleive you would have advised him to apply mn1 for his uk born children once he gets his ilr.

Whats ur advise to if someone is got to travel abroad and can not really wait for mn1 and then passport which takes on average about 3 months. Is there any other way may be apply for flr m or set m for uk born children at peo just to save time as they have to travel abroad.

shahjee1234 wrote:
zzzindagi wrote:
Shah Jee I need your advise please... I am eligible to apply for ILR under 10 years rule next month..
My wife joined me in the UK in Oct 2010 as PSW dependent then few months later I got her visa changed to Tier 1 Dependent. She left UK in Nov 2011 after living 13 months. Her visa got expired in Pakistan. I applied for my Tier 1 extension and after getting my visa I applied her new Tier 1 Dependent visa and she joined me back in May 2013. She lived Pakistan for 18 months and returned back after getting new visa. Her visa is expiring in 2016. Please advice me what should I do and what visa she should apply etc. also can i wait until 2016 and switch to FLR(M) just before the expiry of her visa. I have two kids born here and i will be applying their MN1 after my ILR.
I would be thankful if you give me your valuable advise on the above. Thanks.
Hi zzzindagi,
You have two options, first to apply you SET(LR) next month and wait for that to be approved and after your approval apply for your Mrs FLR(M).
Second choice is to apply your SET(LR) and you apply her FLR(M) along with you, and ask the Home Office to hold the decision on her case till the time your one is decided, and once your case is decided than they will decide on your Mrs case almost immediately as both the cases are clubbed and it takes them a few days more to send you their decision.
Frankly in my opinion you should opt for the first option as there is no time urgency in your Mrs case, she has a valid visa till 2016, but I would not suggest you to wait till 2016 after your SET(LR) is issued, the reason being that the quicker she get on the FLR(M) the quicker she would get to her ILR.
I hope it helps mate. Many thanks.
Kind regards
Shahjee

Muhammad 51472
Newly Registered

Post by Muhammad 51472 » Sun Jun 29, 2014 6:57 pm

Umerjawad wrote:Hi,
I have been recommended by my friend to post my issue with ILR application here. Would be much appreciated if you may help me this matter please.
Basically I applied for SET-LR in end of Feb 2014 and now have received the letter from HO regarding issues with language course ETS TOEFL IBT which had taken in 12th April 13 and I used it for Tier1 (Spouse visa) in July 2013 and got accepted.
On the letter states 'As part of your application you submitted test evidence for the English language requirement from ETS TOEIC we have identified this discrepancies with some evidence from this test provider and so we will not be able to process your application and placed it on hold while we investigate. Although we will normally decide your application within six months, unfortunately this may not be possible in your case.This is because your application raises exceptionally complex issues and we require for the time to consider your case thoroughly and reach a decision. As such it falls out side its normal service standards for deciding applications.Please be assured that we will make a decision on your case as quickly as possible'
My concern is that I called up HO before applying to ask whether this course is acceptable and they said yes! Below is the link on page 28 that is the test I have taken.

Also in the letter mentions that they will not accept evidence from ETS and I could get a new certificate from different awarding body and send it to them to make my application process quicker!
In the end it says that we are holding all cases with ETS TOEIC and TEOFL English test until we have fully resolved the discrepancies that have been identified.
I would like to ask what is the best to do in this circumstance and can they do this after this long waiting?
Thank you for your time!

Best regards

Umerjawad

Hi

Sorry to hear about that. This happened to one of my friends as well but he has passed again Esol of Trinity College and send that to the case worker. Last week he has received his approval.
My advice is that you should do the Esol of Trinity College because it is a 10 minutes test and the certificate arrives in 5 days. Please don't waste your time.
Good Luck for your ILR

shahjee1234

Post by shahjee1234 » Sun Jun 29, 2014 11:15 pm

allwell46 wrote:Salam shahjee123
Soryy, I beleive you would have advised him to apply mn1 for his uk born children once he gets his ilr.

Whats ur advise to if someone is got to travel abroad and can not really wait for mn1 and then passport which takes on average about 3 months. Is there any other way may be apply for flr m or set m for uk born children at peo just to save time as they have to travel abroad.
Hi allwell46,
As zzzindagi already stated that he will be applying for his two kids MN1 after his ILR hence I didn't mentioned, as he was already in knowledge of that.
Regards to the issue if some one want to travel and don't want to apply MN1 as it's takes long, than the way forward is to apply FLR(M) for their UK born child at the PEO, you are absolutely right on this.
Kind regards
Shahjee
Application send: 10/02/2014
Acknowl received: 17/02/2014
Biometric received: 05/03/2014
Biometric recorded: 05/03/2014
Approval date: 13/06/2014

shahjee1234

Post by shahjee1234 » Sun Jun 29, 2014 11:27 pm

Umerjawad wrote:Hi,

Thank you for your time!

Best regards

Umerjawad
Hi Umer Bahi,
Not to worry at all, this is time for immediate action, what you need to do is to get another English language certificate as quick as you can, this time making sure that it is from an institute that is recognised by Home Office, and send the result to Home office with a covering letter explaining that as your application was put on hold because of the reason of the English language certificate, and that now you have a new result from a different institute hence you want Home office to uphold your application and make decision on it as soon as possible. And frankly it won't take them long to decide your case. I hope it helps mate.
Kind regards
Shahjee

shahjee1234

Post by shahjee1234 » Sun Jun 29, 2014 11:43 pm

[quote="game_of_luck"

Shahjee,
this is really nice of you.. v few ppl think this way!
I applied for SAR which Alhamdulillah is all clear.... when applying should I mention anything about it?
Also along with my passports, degree & transcript, Life in UK Cert what should I write on the cover letter?
Please advise me on a specimen statement for the cover letter.
I hope I havent missed anything? Members please comment[/quote]

Hi game_of_luck,
You are absolutely fine with what you are sending, please make sure you send your old BRP card.
Regards to covering letter, frankly I didn't send any with my application, I just send all old passports, degree from UK university, life in UK test result, old BRP card, photos, SET(LR) application form, and making sure I pay the right fee :)
If you are sending a covering letter, than there is no harm mentioning your SAR, that every thing is in order.
All the best with your application mate.
Kind regards
Shahjee

cool mind

Post by cool mind » Mon Jun 30, 2014 2:45 am

I personally think that processing of long residence applications does not base on the month when it actually submitted because some members always assume that now they processing case of particular month. Many times people who submitted later months get earlier than others which i think totally depends on individual caseworker as some caseworker are more efficient and well organized &disciplined despite majority of them lazy but i guess very few ones are efficient too.

Mrs.P

Post by Mrs.P » Mon Jun 30, 2014 8:00 am

SAM is very lucky,congratulations and please share your story with us whoever you are.

Hi guys what happened to the ''weeks waiting'' on google drive, its all been deleted, someone please have a look.

Many thanks.

shoji147

Post by shoji147 » Mon Jun 30, 2014 9:46 am

Hi guys Just to share an update..
Called HO today with case reference number and the lady said that on the system it says that Your application is under process..
Then she said that it was only accessed on 24th june 2014 i.e, 6 days ago and she said it is back on the shelf...Now i dont know what she meant so I asked...
She replied that someone has accessed it on 24-06-2014 and put it back . When i asked what it meant she said it could be multiple people dealing with your case or something..by judging her response i wasnt sure she knew what she was talking about...

Any Ideas guys...Have a bad feeling in my stomach after that call...Anyone else had a same response???

Thankyou
-----------------------------------------
Application Sent : 27-02-2014
Acknoledgement Recieved : 03-03-2014
BioMetric Invite: 06-03-2014
BioMetric Enrolled: 06-03-2014
Waiting..................

hassan5805
Member of Standing

Post by hassan5805 » Mon Jun 30, 2014 12:37 pm

To just quick update.

I just rang home office and lady was quite helpful and she said to me your application still under process.

When i said to him that please let me know if is there any recent update then she said to me wait and hold and then she said after about 5 minutes hold that we are still dealing with Ferbruary application and your app is with the case worker and so continue to wait.

Well hope for good

shahjee1234

Post by shahjee1234 » Mon Jun 30, 2014 1:14 pm

shoji147 wrote:Hi guys Just to share an update..
Called HO today with case reference number and the lady said that on the system it says that Your application is under process..
Then she said that it was only accessed on 24th june 2014 i.e, 6 days ago and she said it is back on the shelf...Now i dont know what she meant so I asked...
She replied that someone has accessed it on 24-06-2014 and put it back . When i asked what it meant she said it could be multiple people dealing with your case or something..by judging her response i wasnt sure she knew what she was talking about...

Any Ideas guys...Have a bad feeling in my stomach after that call...Anyone else had a same response???

Thankyou
-----------------------------------------
Application Sent : 27-02-2014
Acknoledgement Recieved : 03-03-2014
BioMetric Invite: 06-03-2014
BioMetric Enrolled: 06-03-2014
Waiting..................
Hi shoji147,
Don't you worry your self, just ignore what ever they tell you. "Some one accessed the file and put it back on the shelf" and who could that be, multiple people dealing with one case, and you believe that. You rightly sensed that the person you were talking to didn't have a good idea of what he/she was talking about.
Looking at your timeline you are almost there. Just don't worry your self, hopefully we will hear the good news from you soon. You take care.
Kind regards
Shahjee

faisaltanoli

Post by faisaltanoli » Mon Jun 30, 2014 2:12 pm

Hello Guys,

Just rang HO to inquire about my application, the lady said they still dealing with February application and my application is counted in March..

Thanks
Regards
M Faisal

total_siyappa
Newly Registered

Post by total_siyappa » Mon Jun 30, 2014 2:26 pm

Greetings to all during the blessed Holy month.

I am also waiting but I am more busy praying to Almighty for peace of heart and patience. I am sure we all can divert our lives elsewhere while we get the good news as I can feel some fellows are getting frustrated. I can assure you it'll all be over soon, AAMEEN.

Great work shahjee, keep it up in helping others!!!!!!!!!!!

Sohail Aslam
Newly Registered

Post by Sohail Aslam » Mon Jun 30, 2014 2:46 pm

Hi every one this is SAM. thank you very much for your concern and good wishes, I have been checking the forum almost every day for last three months but i was not a registerd member so never posted anything here, this forum is so helpful for ppl who are looking for answers related to their cases and situation, and this HELP change their lives literally, i congradualte all the senior members and administrators for this so useful platform,
i updated my timeline on spreadsheet,
I got approval letter and documents on 28/06/2014, by the grace of Allah i recieved my BRP today morning 30/06/2014.
My case was strightforward i completed 10 years as student in Uk, My last student visa is expiring on 30th Oct 2014 , I completed my 10 Yrs on 19th Feb, 2014 and applied 12th March, 2014.
Thank you once again for everyone in this fourm and i wish eveyone who is waiting best of luck. There is delay but you all will go through and your dream will come true insahallah. :)

hassan5805
Member of Standing

Post by hassan5805 » Mon Jun 30, 2014 3:11 pm

Sohail Aslam wrote:

Hi every one this is SAM. thank you very much for your concern and good wishes, I have been checking the forum almost every day for last three months but i was not a registerd member so never posted anything here, this forum is so helpful for ppl who are looking for answers related to their cases and situation, and this HELP change their lives literally, i congradualte all the senior members and administrators for this so useful platform,
I got approval letter and documents on 28/06/2014, by the grace of Allah i recieved my BRP today morning 30/06/2014.
My case was strightforward i completed 10 years as student in Uk, My last student visa is expiring on 30th Oct 2014 , I completed my 10 Yrs on 19th Feb, 2014 and applied 12th March, 2014.
Thank you once again for everyone in this fourm and i wish eveyone who is waiting best of luck. There is delay but you all will go through and your dream will come true insahallah. :)
Slam Finally we know whoz are Sam brother lol.

Wish you best of luck for your future and many many congratulations.

Well you are mashalla very lucky that you got decision in 15 weeks and while some other members are waiting over 18 weeks.

Please pray for all of us.

Regards
Hassan

hassan5805
Member of Standing

Post by hassan5805 » Mon Jun 30, 2014 3:12 pm

total_siyappa wrote:Greetings to all during the blessed Holy month.

I am also waiting but I am more busy praying to Almighty for peace of heart and patience. I am sure we all can divert our lives elsewhere while we get the good news as I can feel some fellows are getting frustrated. I can assure you it'll all be over soon, AAMEEN.

You are absolutely right brother and we are addicted to the forum and i also keep check the forum every two hour and i think i should stop checking the forum from now on.

Regards

hassan5805
Member of Standing

Post by hassan5805 » Mon Jun 30, 2014 3:12 pm

faisaltanoli wrote:Hello Guys,

Just rang HO to inquire about my application, the lady said they still dealing with February application and my application is counted in March..

Thanks
Regards
M Faisal
You will get soon inshalla Faisal Bhai.

Regards

gurulay
Newly Registered

Post by gurulay » Mon Jun 30, 2014 4:30 pm

Hi,

Please give me an advice for my application that I was worrying for one issue

my student visa was expired in 01/03/2006 and
I submitted the visa application to extend my student visa on 27/02/2006 ( I still have the copy of application with date and sign )
but i only received the confirmation letter from home office on 28/04/2006
and approve it on 16/05/2006

Could this be a problem for my application because of the late confirmation from home office after 58 days.

Thanks in advanced,

shahjee1234

Post by shahjee1234 » Mon Jun 30, 2014 4:35 pm

Always there Bahi jee, my best wishes for brothers like you, who were always there when I was tense, and depressed waiting, thinking all these negative thoughts ......oh that would have happened to my application, oh this would have happened to my application. Brothers like Hassan bahi, you guys are great, and hopefully INSHALLAH with the advent of the Holy month, you guys will be getting the good news very very soon. Keep us posted.
Kind regards
Shahjee

shahjee1234

Post by shahjee1234 » Mon Jun 30, 2014 4:40 pm

gurulay wrote:Hi,

Please give me an advice for my application that I was worrying for one issue

my student visa was expired in 01/03/2006 and
I submitted the visa application to extend my student visa on 27/02/2006 ( I still have the copy of application with date and sign )
but i only received the confirmation letter from home office on 28/04/2006
and approve it on 16/05/2006

Could this be a problem for my application because of the late confirmation from home office after 58 days.

Thanks in advanced,
Hi gurulay,
If you submitted the application before the expiry of your last leave, than that is cool. Date of application is what matters, doesn't matter if your acknowledgement letter was late from the Home Office.
Kind regards
Shahjee

hassan5805
Member of Standing

Post by hassan5805 » Mon Jun 30, 2014 4:58 pm

shahjee1234 wrote:

Always there Bahi jee, my best wishes for brothers like you, who were always there when I was tense, and depressed waiting, thinking all these negative thoughts ......oh that would have happened to my application, oh this would have happened to my application. Brothers like Hassan bahi, you guys are great, and hopefully INSHALLAH with the advent of the Holy month, you guys will be getting the good news very very soon. Keep us posted.
Kind regards
Shahjee
Great work Shahjee,
Every time i see your post give me courage and also give courage to other members who are waiting.
Keep it up your good work. Allah swt make all your wishes come true ameen.

Regards

march_ilr

Post by march_ilr » Mon Jun 30, 2014 5:08 pm

Sohail Aslam wrote:

Dear SAM and forum members,

Congrats SAM on your achievement and thanks for your kind post. you have proven that HO sometimes give us misleading information. Some of the forum members were told over the phone that they (HO) haven't started considering march application because of few February application still pending. Where as of now we know at least three forum member got their ilr who applied in March. Now the thought is: who has given HO the authority to mislead us?

regards;
march_ilr
Applied for FREEDOM on the 20th March