ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

EC related-Plz reply urgently

Archived UK Tier 1 (General) points system forum. This route no longer exists.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

sha
Newly Registered

EC related-Plz reply urgently

Post by sha » Sun Aug 05, 2007 10:44 am

I have a job offer from a good company in UK but the problem is i do not have sufficient funds in the bank(30k rupees).
Would that be a problem in my EC even though i have the job offer

gordon

Post by gordon » Sun Aug 05, 2007 2:01 pm

I think there's some provision that the bank balance can be lower if one has a job offer in hand, but your bank balance sounds particularly low. If I were the ECO, I would wonder whether that amount of money would be enough even to get you over to the UK and to get you settled even if you were to start working the day you arrive. AG

sha
Newly Registered

Post by sha » Sun Aug 05, 2007 2:07 pm

thanks for the reply Gordon..In my offer letter it is also mentioned that they are going to pay me 10000k GBP for relocation purposes only..that includes air transfer and first month stay.

sha
Newly Registered

Post by sha » Sun Aug 05, 2007 2:07 pm

sorry not 10000k ...10k GBP

gordon

Post by gordon » Sun Aug 05, 2007 2:34 pm

I would think that would cover transitional expenses adequately; I just wonder how the ECO weighs current-account balances (cash-in-hand, as it were) in comparison to the promise of reimbursement from your future employer; maybe someone else has had this experience.

apeterso925

Post by apeterso925 » Sun Aug 05, 2007 2:35 pm

sha wrote:thanks for the reply Gordon..In my offer letter it is also mentioned that they are going to pay me 10000k GBP for relocation purposes only..that includes air transfer and first month stay.
But how is the payment being structured? I was given a relocation "bonus" to move from one area of the US to another a few years ago, when I was offered a job in another state.

However, I wasn't actually paid the money until 30 days after I'd begun employment. I later learned that this is common practice (in the US at least) because companies do not want to shell out the money at the onset, should you quit in your first week, change your mind, etc.

With the 30 day clause, they at least had some reassurance that I was sticking around. But of course, it meant that I was really later reimbursed for my moving expenses - I still had to pay them out of pocket myself.

If your relocation money is structured in a similar manner, I would guess that the ECO will put little weight in its value...money you might receive later on won't help you settle now.

I agree with AG, my understanding is that when you have a job offer in hand, you can get away with less in available funds...but I can't imagine the ECO will be satisfied with the $365 in GBP that you currently have!

If the 10K is being given to you before your arrival, then that's different and you should be fine. But does the letter say when you will be given the 10K?
Amy

sha
Newly Registered

Post by sha » Sun Aug 05, 2007 3:42 pm

the letter does not say when the money would be given..But it does say for the first month in UK the company would provide accommodation

apeterso925

Post by apeterso925 » Sun Aug 05, 2007 3:58 pm

sha wrote:the letter does not say when the money would be given..But it does say for the first month in UK the company would provide accommodation
What is your understanding of the agreement? Are they *providing* accommodations for you? Meaning that they will pay the bill directly? Or are they giving you the money with the expectation that you will use it for accommodations?

What's the wording in the letter? If you can, it might help to get a second letter from your new employer that lays out in more detail what they are providing you.
Amy