ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Meeting financial requirement Cat B + Cat F

Family member & Ancestry immigration; don't post other immigration categories, please!
Marriage | Unmarried Partners | Fiancé | Ancestry

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

ravi_zma
Newly Registered

Meeting financial requirement Cat B + Cat F

Post by ravi_zma » Sun Jun 29, 2014 2:34 pm

Hello,

I searched a lot but guess this hasn't been asked before.

My wife is British and I am in the UK with permission to work.

I will be applying for a spouse visa at the end of August.

My wife and I are in salaried employment and by August we would have completed 2 months only and our salaries (individually as well) exceed 18,600 GBP. Hence we meet the first point of Category B.

Now, before we took up a job, I have worked for 2 months in a salaried job and have earned 5600GBP. And my wife was a director of a limited company, of a type specified in paragraph 9(a) of Appendix FM-SE (i.e. it is in sole or limited family ownership). She received salary as a director and has all the documentation.

So in the past 12 months we should have earned 18600 to meet the second point of CAT B and this is what we have earned:
I, in a salaried employment: 5600
My wife and I, in our current employment for 2 months: 11250
Her salary as a director in the past: 4000GBP

We reach a total of 18600+ only if we calculate her salary.

So far, so good. However there is a point in Financial_Requirement_Guidance_20140324.pdf (https://www.gov.uk/government/uploads/s ... 140324.pdf)

5.5.12. Where a person is a director of a limited company in the UK and receives a salary from that
company, that salaried income can be counted under Category A or Category B, provided
that the limited company is not of a type specified in paragraph 9(a) of Appendix FM-SE
(i.e. it is not in sole or limited family ownership)

AND

5.5.14. Where a person receives a salary from employment as a director of a limited company in
the UK of the type specified in paragraph 9(a), that salaried income can only be counted
under Category F or Category G, as appropriate.

My question: Does this also apply while calculating the monies earned in the past 12 months? i.e. to meet the second part of Category B.

Thank you.