ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Should I wait for 60 days letter?

Only for the UK Skilled Worker visas, formerly known as Tier 2 visa route

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

fahadii123
United Kingdom

Should I wait for 60 days letter?

Post by fahadii123 » Sat Jun 28, 2014 11:27 pm

Hello All
After working for a company for just about two years with a Tier-2 visa, my company had to let go off me and several others because the company is closing down as they can not function any more.
They reported about it to the UKBA a week ago. Now I should get 60 days to switch my visa.

My questions are:
1. Does my 60 day start from last week? or do I have to wait until I get my 60 days letter from UKBA?
2. Should I be sending an email to UKBA to ask about my situation or shall I just wait for them to get to me? I am in no rush as i need some time to plan my switch anyway. Will that cause me a problem?
3. Lets say, if UKBA doesn't send me a letter until sept/oct and then I made a new application. Can they use it against me that why didn't i switch right after i was asked to leave work?

Thanks in advance for your help and time :)

lindalaila
Newly Registered

Re: Should I wait for 60 days letter?

Post by lindalaila » Sun Jun 29, 2014 6:50 am

Hi fahadii123,

Sorry to hear the sad news. I am not an expert in the domain but here is my opinion concerning your questions.

1)I believe it starts counting from the time when you receive the letter (Tier 2 Policy Guidance, Page 52, Point 229)
2)You can just wait for the letter for now, provided you're still living at the address last registered with them. Otherwise you should contact them. (Tier 2 Policy Guidance, Page 52, Point 230)
3)I don't think so because of 1 and 2.

https://www.gov.uk/government/uploads/s ... _04-14.pdf
Regards

fahadii123
United Kingdom

Re: Should I wait for 60 days letter?

Post by fahadii123 » Sun Jun 29, 2014 6:02 pm

Thanks for your prompt reply and quoting the reference from
UKBA policy guidance. Makes more sense.

Yes, I've been at the same address for past several years and it's the one UKBA has so I'll just wait for the letter. :)

Many thanks
Fahad