ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Success! ILR Croydon 21 june 2014

Only for queries regarding Indefinite Leave to Remain (ILR). Please use the EU Settlement Scheme forum for queries about settled status under Appendix EU

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

Pinkflamy
Newly Registered

Success! ILR Croydon 21 june 2014

Post by Pinkflamy » Sat Jun 28, 2014 9:32 pm

Hi all,

As many before I found this site extremely helpful in preparing my application and will tell my story here to give back a little :D

I booked my appointment online on 10 May 2014 - exactly 43 days before I wanted my appointment. I did it just after midnight and had a good choice of dates and times. I booked at Croydon for a same day appointment at 9:10 am. Full payment has to be made at this time (ouch!).

I applied on form SET (O) for settlement after spending 5 years on a Tier 1 General visa. Just me, no dependants. The appointment was about three weeks before I reached my 5 years.

My application was quite straightforward, I didn't even change jobs in the last 12 months so only one company's payslips! Two things to note - I had written my TOEFL in 2009 for my first Tier 1 application, and even though technically it has expired they still accepted that certificate. The second thing was my holidays - I included just a covering letter saying it was all annual leave taken whilst in full time employment and that I could provide P60's on request.

On the day - I arrived quite early, by 8:40. Everyone, including the security staff, was very friendly and extremely helpful. I had to put my bag through a scanner and walk through a metal detector - similar to an airport. The security guard then accompanied me up in the lift to the reception area.

First stop was the reception desk where I had to show my appointment confirmation (printed email) and the payment confirmation sheet. I was then given a number and asked to wait.

After about 10 minutes I was called to the desk where my application was logged. Not much checking happening at this time - she just took the whole bundle of documents (originals and copies) and placed it in a folder. She checked my personal details etc. I asked whether the BRP could be sent to a different address than my home address on the form and was told no.

As soon as I was finished at this desk I got called in for biometrics. As you would expect (and no doubt have done before!) fingerprints and photograph. To note - it was this picture that ended up on my BRP and not the two I submitted with my application!

Then came the longer wait for the case officer to evaluate my application. After 30 min my number appeared on the screen saying 'ready for collection'! I was not called for an interview or anything. But, like I said my application was very straightforward.

I was done 65min after I arrived. It was actually a little anti-climatic - just a big thing for me and I got it quick and easy with no fuss.

Do note that the café at Croydon is not open on a Saturday (luckily I packed snacks as suggested by someone else).

I collected my documents (letter stating ILR granted, original docs I submitted and passports) and was told the BRP will be delivered within 7-10 working days. After reading other posts on this site I bargained on Wednesday. I asked to work from home and success! My BRP was delivered by 10am. They only needed a signature, no ID necessary so I reckon anyone at that address could receive it.

All in all a very pleasant experience (apart from my credit card bill!)

Amber
Mood:
United Kingdom

Re: Success! ILR Croydon 21 june 2014

Post by Amber » Sun Jun 29, 2014 7:55 pm

Congratulations!
**this forum is not intended to be a substitute for professional advice**
Click here to send me a PM regarding an offensive post. Do NOT PM me for immigration advice.

ashehzi

Post by ashehzi » Fri Dec 12, 2014 10:11 pm

Thanks for your posting.

I was also thinking to utilize my old TOEFL certificate which I passed back in March 2010 while applying for Tier 1(G) entry clearance. My wife also passed her TOEFL back in 2012 (expired now).

With your case, it means we can use these old certificates even having their validity expired.

Regards.

ashehzi

Post by ashehzi » Sat Dec 13, 2014 12:40 pm

I think, using expired certificates of IELTS is also backed up by following:

https://www.gov.uk/government/uploads/s ... r_2014.pdf ==> IELTS Documents required with application ==> For tests taken before 6 April 2013: Test report form

AND

https://www.gov.uk/government/uploads/s ... _0_EXT.pdf ==> Page 30 ==> Validity dates of ESOL qualifications listed in Appendix O of the Immigration Rules, or on the OFQUAL register, will not be applied for settlement applications, provided:
 the qualification has previously been accepted for another immigration application, or
 if it is being presented for the first time, that it was taken in:

o England and was regulated by OFQUAL
o Wales and was regulated by the Welsh government
o Northern Ireland and was regulated by the Council for the Curriculum, Examinations
and Assessment (CCEA), or
o Scotland and was regulated by the SQA.

Appendix O ==> https://www.gov.uk/government/uploads/s ... _final.pdf

I thought to share it for the benefit of the people who have done IELTS in the past and is expired and thinking whether they can reuse it for purpose of settlement SET (O) applications.

Regards.