ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Interview before receiving RC

Use this section for any queries concerning the EU Settlement Scheme, for applicants holding pre-settled and settled status.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

Malic
Newly Registered

Re: Interview before receiving RC

Post by Malic » Sat May 24, 2014 3:03 pm

also applied 11th of February and I also got a letter for an interview on 16 of June. Got married here in the UK . Does anyone know how long the interview could take so as to plan the trip and know what time to book a return ticket for?
Am so worried coz my wife can't speak English frequently.
We do understand each other very well but with stranger she hesitate.i don't know what to do :(
Any advise for me ?

Sunsat

Post by Sunsat » Sat May 24, 2014 4:36 pm

Hi alijee86,

Thanks for your helping post and sharing experience with us. Your posts are very helping and encouraging. May God bless you with happy and full of joyful life. We will be stay simple and short in interview. ...Thanks again

alijee86

Post by alijee86 » Sat May 24, 2014 4:51 pm

Sunsat wrote:Hi alijee86,

Thanks for your helping post and sharing experience with us. Your posts are very helping and encouraging. May God bless you with happy and full of joyful life. We will be stay simple and short in interview. ...Thanks again
You're always welcome my friend!
And thanks for these nice prayers for me much appreciated.
Good luck :)

Kaii
Newly Registered

Post by Kaii » Tue May 27, 2014 9:58 pm

Anyone got interview on the 27th june?

lilidu09
Newly Registered

Post by lilidu09 » Sat May 31, 2014 9:04 am

Hi everyone, i'm relatively new to this forum.
I myself i'm a spouse of an EEA national who applied in February and will be attending an interview soon.
I've been reading this forum and a big thanks to all of you who have been updating.
As everyone else my first question was is it legal for the Home Office 1 to charge us for the RC 2 to call us in for interviews, so i went on to do some research on EEA Laws that give us the automatic right to reside with our EEA national partner/spouse. You could go to the following link http://www.lawcentreni.org/EoR/immigrat ... tions.html

I'll go to the point to answer the question of if we have been selected randomly i found this in The immigration(European Economic Area) amendment (n2) Regulations 2013

20B.—(1) This regulation applies when the Secretary of State—
(a) has reasonable doubt as to whether a person (“A”) has a right to reside under
regulation 14(1) or (2); or
(b) wants to verify the eligibility of a person (“A”) to apply for documentation issued
under Part 3.
(2) The Secretary of State may invite A to—
(a) provide evidence to support the existence of a right to reside, or to support an
application for documentation under Part 3; or
(b) attend an interview with the Secretary of State.
(3) If A purports to be entitled to a right to reside on the basis of a relationship with
another person (“B”), the Secretary of State may invite B to—
(a) provide information about their relationship with A; or
(b) attend an interview with the Secretary of State.
(4) If, without good reason, A or B fail to provide the additional information requested or,
on at least two occasions, fail to attend an interview if so invited, the Secretary of State may
draw any factual inferences about A’s entitlement to a right to reside as appear appropriate
in the circumstances.
(5) The Secretary of State may decide following an inference under paragraph (4) that A
does not have or ceases to have a right to reside.
(6) But the Secretary of State must not decide that A does not have or ceases to have a
right to reside on the sole basis that A failed to comply with this regulation.
(7) This regulation may not be invoked systematically.
(8) In this regulation, “a right to reside” means a right to reside under these Regulations

Jalaibi
Pakistan

Post by Jalaibi » Sat Jun 14, 2014 8:32 am

Hi
I have an interview coming up this week, Please guide me what kind of questions they ask?
would be very helpful

thanks
We Rise By Lifting Others - Robert Ingersoll

hachim
Newly Registered

Post by hachim » Sat Jun 14, 2014 9:50 am

Jalaibi wrote:Hi
I have an interview coming up this week, Please guide me what kind of questions they ask?
would be very helpful

thanks
i copied the following from different topics in this website if you haven't read them

[Saturday, 31 May 2014 03:21] You: I have done the interview in 22/5/2014 .

I can say the interview was very strange it was around 40 min for me and 30 for my wife most of the time the officer was looking into my documents and Same happened to my wife !
Most of the question was about our employment and no question to prove we are genuine couple !
I applied since December and didn't hear anything yet .
I hope that helps
Cheers

[Tuesday, 3 June 2014 02:22] You: Sorry for not replying on time, actually it wasn't that scary, if you really genuine then u will pass, it took over 2hrs to finish with me first, then close to 2hrs for my wife, it's questions from how, when n where u met, how, where n when u proposed, questions about your families, where u live. Basically they want to be sure u together as husband n wife, so just keep everything real, they are nice if u convince them u are real, obviously u wouldn't be happy if u give them a reason to doubt u.
[Tuesday, 3 June 2014 02:31] You: Hello everyone, I had an interview today ..the interview last for 2.15 minute for both . They ask more questions from mywife and less ffrom me ..first they ask from my wife then me ...it was quite easy but still make few mistakes ..in general 90% was same answer ....ok in simple they ask about how we come, about nika and cermoney and about her pregnancy and about house ...hope that help for those who will go for interview. ...he said about four weeks or sooner you will get the decision ....so hope for the best .....

[Tuesday, 3 June 2014 02:42] You: .. when i had mine i was going through so much emotions and i try to get help on here and guess what i got no reply i think 1 person reply to me on the day which was not much but was appreciated but also too late it was not the first time i ask for help and get nothing but i'm ok. i know how you feel right now but try to be calm they are friendly and calm people up in Liverpool believe me they just ask when did you meet, when was the last time you went to doctor or your partner what did you do for Christmas, who does the house work nothing fussy believe me. Those things and as long as you do live together you will know the answers to the questions they ask you believe.
if your marriage is very genuine you will pass with flying colours. may god calm you and keep you safe on your journey, i had diahorria the whole morning until when i meet them i realise ho they are ok actually they are human being just like me and some of them do know how to talk to people.

[Tuesday, 3 June 2014 02:42] You: Hi guys, we had our interview today. It was a smooth sail. Out of the 152 questions asked . We literally had 92% in similarly answers. The interviewer stated that it was a gud interview.
[Tuesday, 3 June 2014 03:14] You: I just had mine last week,136 questions in total..it's nearly 2 weeks now,I've not heard nothing.pls could people with experiences share their experiences as regards time scale..
Even though d relationship is genuine,u n ur partner need to prepare ur selves cos they may ask certain things u may not have taken notice of..
Generally d questions r just to test d genuineness of d relationship.egwhen did u meet,how did u meet,who proposed,when,who is ur gp.,wen was d last u visited d gp,were both parents in support of d marriage,describe ur house,wot did u do last weekend,who were at ur wedding,wen did u move in together,ect..
Good luck and keep us posted

[Tuesday, 3 June 2014 03:42] You: Hi
my marriage interview Experience,
i explain it how UKBA deal us,
we been there for interview at 9:00 am in liverpool, and my legal representative go with us, and when my solicitor give them our interview invitation letter to Reception, the women told us we Didn’t confirm that we are coming for interview, and then she said have a seat we will check all the emails, after 30 minuts she came and she said no they didn’t find any email ,
then my solicitor told them UKBA Call him and he Confirm it on Telephone, then they check the system again and said yes we got it, and my solicitor told them we need Interpreter for my wife, which he already inform to ukba,
at 9:45 am they said sorry we didn’t inform then for interpreter so if u want they can rearrange our interview, we said no, we go through in English , and then they

[Tuesday, 3 June 2014 03:42] You: called my Wife first for interview at 9:55 am,
1st interview last 2 hours and 45 minutes, I cant explain my condition how I spend this time in waiting room,
Then he called me for interview, and total interview LAST approx. 4 hours and 30 minuts,
My solicitor sit behind me in the room during the interview, and they Asked total 180 Questions and he make sub questions as well , so total question are about 220, I was tired he asked a lot of Question, , he repeat few questions as well, he asked very tricky questions,
Mean like , what day we met 1st time? What time it was ? where did we met?

[Tuesday, 3 June 2014 03:42] You: then what we do ? what she said to me , then what we do ?
Its is one question 
Then which coffee we drink ? how many sugar,? who pay for it? We pay by card or cash ? how much was total BILL , ?
Oh man its 2 years ago how can we remember all these things, he said he get married 5 years go he remember everything LOL

and one more thing he said ur gas metter is card or cash, my wife said its cash, i said its pay as you go and we put card on it,
but we he didnt asked me our gas metter is on monthly billing or pay as you go ? anyway

Just only 15 answer doesn’t match, but most of them are before the Marriage, so mean we give more than 90% right answer,
He write all my word , if I said annn yes I think , etc he write every single word, 
I don’t know … just finger crossed and waiting for our Documents

Jalaibi
Pakistan

Post by Jalaibi » Mon Jun 30, 2014 2:01 am

Hi everyone. How much time does it require after getting interviewed ? For those who got their RC after interview please enlighten me that what's the percentage does HO require in answers similarity of interview before Issueing RC.

Jellybean105
Member of Standing
United Kingdom

Post by Jellybean105 » Mon Jun 30, 2014 12:19 pm

Do surrinder singh cases get called for an interview?
Moved to Ireland: Feb 13
UK FP: Granted November 13
Ireland RC: Granted Feb 14
Returned to the UK: Feb 14
Applied for EEA2: 18th March 14
EEA2 Rejected: October 14 (re-submitted docs)
EEA2 Granted: December 14 (valid till 2019!)

Jalaibi
Pakistan

Post by Jalaibi » Mon Jun 30, 2014 1:49 pm

Jellybean105 wrote:Do surrinder singh cases get called for an interview?
Depends on the application, Apparently they do call for interview. Good Luck

toofan
Member of Standing

Post by toofan » Tue Jul 01, 2014 11:16 pm

i dont think that home office will be paying towards travel cost or any other cost......
and home office is calling for interview since last year people who applied before jan and people who applied after january gettin call for interview its nothing to do with applying in january
You may have to fight a battle more than once to win it.
<<<<<<<TOOFAN>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>

Jellybean105
Member of Standing
United Kingdom

Post by Jellybean105 » Thu Jul 10, 2014 5:09 am

Has any SS route applicants been called for an interview or have they had a home visit?
Any experiences will be grateful!

Jalaibi
Pakistan

Post by Jalaibi » Sat Jul 12, 2014 10:22 pm

When I been through interview, as far as I remember our 2 answers didn't match, What do you think about how many interview questions should be right to pass interview? I asked interviewer at the end how did it go ? and she said that she can't tell me she will pass details to case worker and then they will decide accordingly, let's see how it goes.

facebook.user
United Kingdom

Post by facebook.user » Tue Jul 15, 2014 11:36 pm

i applied in april and still waiting for RC

Jalaibi
Pakistan

Post by Jalaibi » Wed Jul 16, 2014 12:20 am

facebook.user wrote:i applied in april and still waiting for RC
Don't understand HO system, for some applicants they decide in 15 working days for the rest 6 months, Suppose they reject after 6 months , it's like breaking a moral for someone, Surprisingly they don't want people to apply EEA2, Ridiculous

Jellybean105
Member of Standing
United Kingdom

Post by Jellybean105 » Wed Jul 16, 2014 12:47 pm

Exactly! Its so unjust! They can't simply refuse just because they want to :evil: or give out wrong COAs and expect applicants to stay home for 6 months and do nothing!