ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

FLR(O) Discretionary Leave waiting times ..??

Family member & Ancestry immigration; don't post other immigration categories, please!
Marriage | Unmarried Partners | Fiancé | Ancestry

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

God's time
Newly Registered

Re: FLR(FP) and Discretionary Leave to Remain timelines

Post by God's time » Mon Jun 23, 2014 5:19 pm

convenantkeepingGod wrote:I am free
Praise the Lord, I'm free
No longer bound
No more chains holding me
Soul is resting
And it’s just another blessing
Praise… the Lord
Hallelujah, I'm free

My lawyer just emailed to advise that I been granted. :D .

He is a miracle working God , He is a miracle working God .

Thank you all and remain blessed. Don't forget DONT LIMIT GOD IN YOUR MIND BECAUSE OF YOUR CIRCUMSTANCES JUST TRUST HIM.

Congrats to you and your family. Enjoy your freedom and a splendid summer.

God's time
Newly Registered

Post by God's time » Mon Jun 23, 2014 5:20 pm

es2013 wrote:Thank you all for your congrats messages. This forum is the best, good luck to all those waiting, we shall always be here to support x

Congrats to you and your family.

God's time
Newly Registered

Post by God's time » Mon Jun 23, 2014 5:40 pm

Hello Al Haqq , pls check your inbox. Thanks.

Kukuwife
Member of Standing

Post by Kukuwife » Mon Jun 23, 2014 5:55 pm

No longer bound
Soul is resting
Praise… the Lord
Hallelujah, I'm free

Thank you all and remain blessed. Don't forget DONT LIMIT GOD IN YOUR MIND BECAUSE OF YOUR CIRCUMSTANCES JUST TRUST HIM.

Congratualtions
Your expectation will manifest very soon

Daniel97

Post by Daniel97 » Mon Jun 23, 2014 6:16 pm

silverbird wrote:Hello,

I applied for Discretionary Leave to remain, in May 2012 (based on article 8; I am married to a British citizen and have a child) I got refused December 2013 as home office didn't see our marriage certificate. I applied 4 days before the new rules on 9 July 2012.

I have appealed the case and will be going to court very soon.

However I am worried as the new rules in 9 July 2012 states you can't apply for Discretionary Leave based on Article 8, Family and Private life.

1. Will the new rules after 9 July 2012 be used to determine my case as my case is article 8 Discretionary Leave?
I mean could they appeal be refused because they have cancelled discretionary leave based on article 8 family and private life?

2. Homeoffice said you can only apply for discretionary leave if you aren't eligible for any other application. In my case i can use FLR(M) but i dont have £18600 income so i am guessing I am not eligible to apply for FLR(M) is that enough reason to apply for discretionary leave?

3. Since I applied before the 9 July 2012 rules change, will my application still be decided based on the rules before 9 July 2012 (that is 6 years on discretionary Leave before i apply for ILR) ?

4. Will any housing benefit claim affect my appeal in court as my british spouse had to claim because t's been over 2 years since home office made me leave my job, will any housing benefit affect the court appeal?

I would be glad if someone replies me.
Thank you

Why did you appealed?you should have send reconsideration letter with the marriage certificate to them,you have a strong case once you married to British and children is involve.

ThisYear

Post by ThisYear » Tue Jun 24, 2014 1:48 pm

Wow :D congrats covenantkeepingGod & Zico. Enjoy your stress free life.
FLR(O) private life/parent of BC
App sub - Feb2012
Contact HO - Feb2013
Further info requested - Apr2013
Decision - Refused Nov2013
JR - Dec2013
JR withdrawn - Mar 2014
JR Sealed - Jun 2014
Granted - Aug 2014

maittm

Post by maittm » Tue Jun 24, 2014 2:01 pm

CONGRATS TO ALL THAT HAVE BEEN GRANTED, TO GOD BE THE GLORY :D

convenantkeepingGod

Post by convenantkeepingGod » Tue Jun 24, 2014 2:33 pm

Thank you all .just received all my documents a few hours ago.sent by post by my lawyer. I looked at the BRP card like a hundred times just to make sure it was real :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: .
My timeline:

Flrfp (family parent) :application sent on the 10/04/14 received by ukba on the 17/04(as per ukvi call centre)
Done biometrics on the 22/05/14 ( took a longer time to receive biometric letter because of bank holidays and mainly because payment was made by cheque.....I think )

16/06/14: requested child's passport back via gov.uk
19/06/14: called ukvi call centre (used to call them everyday lol) and was told package was sent. Tracking number is still saying come back later on Royal Mail website even today :roll:
20/06 Till 22/06: One of the longest weekend of my life.sigh...
23/06/14 :lawyer advised that granted and BRP card received (30 months permit)
24/06/14 :received all documents and card by post(decision letter dated 19/06/14)

Been in this country for 13 years .overstayed 9 years :? . God is good , HE has protected me from immigration raids, street checks and many more what an awesome God we serve. devil is a liar .... Jesus is LORD.

Hope it gives someone hope.

Many are the afflictions of the righteous: but the LORD delivereth him out of them all.

Remain blessed.

Linda21
Newly Registered

Post by Linda21 » Tue Jun 24, 2014 5:00 pm

convenantkeepingGod wrote:Thank you all .just received all my documents a few hours ago.sent by post by my lawyer. I looked at the BRP card like a hundred times just to make sure it was real :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: .
My timeline:

Flrfp (family parent) :application sent on the 10/04/14 received by ukba on the 17/04(as per ukvi call centre)
Done biometrics on the 22/05/14 ( took a longer time to receive biometric letter because of bank holidays and mainly because payment was made by cheque.....I think )

16/06/14: requested child's passport back via gov.uk
19/06/14: called ukvi call centre (used to call them everyday lol) and was told package was sent. Tracking number is still saying come back later on Royal Mail website even today :roll:
20/06 Till 22/06: One of the longest weekend of my life.sigh...
23/06/14 :lawyer advised that granted and BRP card received (30 months permit)
24/06/14 :received all documents and card by post(decision letter dated 19/06/14)

Been in this country for 13 years .overstayed 9 years :? . God is good , HE has protected me from immigration raids, street checks and many more what an awesome God we serve. devil is a liar .... Jesus is LORD.

Hope it gives someone hope.

Many are the afflictions of the righteous: but the LORD delivereth him out of them all.

Remain blessed.

Congratulations,enjoy ur freedom

drocky
Newly Registered

LOTR after TIER 1 (General) Visa curtailed

Post by drocky » Tue Jun 24, 2014 5:20 pm

Dear All.
I am(was) here in Tier 1 (general) dependent visa. After 70 days on this visa, I ran out of my house due to domestic violence suffered at the hands of my husband. Police was called. But he was not punished (cautioned etc) But I got MARAC certificate. Since than he applied to curtail my visa and i have received notice from HO about they thinking of curtailing my visa. I am currently in child proceeding and I have my kid living with me (She is also not UK, not born here). My question is :-

1. Can I apply for LOTR based on child proceeding without waiting for the outcome of curtailment or even going down the route of appeal etc as I don't have money ?

2. Can I apply for LOTR if Tier 1 is curtailed and appeal right is granted ?

Which would be best course of action to take in my case. I would highly appreciate if some senior or user based on experience guide me.

Thanks

kezza84
Newly Registered

Post by kezza84 » Wed Jun 25, 2014 12:00 am

Zee ali wrote:
Al Haqq wrote:
kezza84 wrote:Congrats everyone who's had victory and hang in there those pending..

Have anyone had to submit 2 BRP's? My application is very old it was submitted in Oct 2010 declined Feb 2011 and resubmitted for reconsideration a short while later. As previously posted I came to the UK as a minor so this year makes it half my life here totaling 15 yrs I have 2 British kids one registered disabled.. I received a one stop warning Feb this year so that makes it 3 years waiting I was then asked for further Docs in March and I have now been asked to submit another BRP.. Is this a positive thing?[/quot@
@kezza
I have never had such request, but I believe this is to have a updated information about you. This had no bearing on whether you will be granted or not. I prayer you will be granted. Good luck
I have now been asked to submit another BRP

BRP means Biometric Residence Permit.

I think u meant to say Biometric enrollment

Thank you Al Haqq and Spring 2014.. Zee Ali I stand corrected..

I've had a few PM but it doesn't seem I am able to access my inbox so just to let you know I am not ignoring you. I went and got my Biometric done today so here I go waiting again..

nilemarques
Member of Standing

Post by nilemarques » Wed Jun 25, 2014 9:24 am

Hello Folks,
Hope I find you all in good health!

A big congrats to es2013, covenantseeking, zico and Ikeron. Wish you all the best.

@spring and al Haqq . Thank you for the words of encouragement.
Everybody else I haven't mentioned, you know who you are!!
@Shondra. Please check your inbox. Thanks

Stay blessed

giggles
Newly Registered

Post by giggles » Wed Jun 25, 2014 9:36 am

HI

Can anyone inbox me a format for child reference letter for flr o app and also what are the details should be included for private life and for children.

thanks in advance

Collins123
Newly Registered

Post by Collins123 » Wed Jun 25, 2014 2:36 pm

No longer bound
Soul is resting
Praise… the Lord
Hallelujah, I'm free

congs, well deserved freedom x

Tom no engine
Newly Registered

Post by Tom no engine » Wed Jun 25, 2014 4:33 pm

Hi guys..congrats to all those who recently got granted their freedom and keep the faith to those who are still waiting..
I just received a biometrics invitation letter but I'm a bit worried because the letter is just for me even though I applied for my daughter of whom I have a residential order for.. I should also mention my ex partner sent in an application for herself and my daughter before I sent in mine..she got her and my daughter's biometrics invitation letters and had them done for the two of them..this was roughly about 2 months ago..my question is could this be the reason HO did not send biometrics invitation letter for my daughter because she already had them done on a separate application? Any advice would be greatly appreciated.. thanks

ravian3
Newly Registered

Post by ravian3 » Thu Jun 26, 2014 6:23 pm

Hi,

Yesterday I received letter from my MP with the response from the HO which says that LTR granted, letter dated 19 June 2014, but I haven't received BRP or passport.

Date Applied/Docs sent: 09/10/08
Date Received Ack. Letter: 18/10/08
Date Refused: 07/02/2013
Date Sent for re-consideration:11/02/2013
Date Refused: 18/11/2013
Date Appeal :04/02/2014
Date Appeal Allowed: 17/02/2014
Date Biometrics booking letter arrived: 17/06/2014
Date Biometrics Done at PO : 18/06/2014
Date Passport/Docs received from HO: Waiting
Date Biometrics received : Waiting
Visa Type : FLR(0)

Kukuwife
Member of Standing

Post by Kukuwife » Thu Jun 26, 2014 11:01 pm

ravian3 wrote:Hi,

Yesterday I received letter from my MP with the response from the HO which says that LTR granted, letter dated 19 June 2014, but I haven't received BRP or passport.

Date Applied/Docs sent: 09/10/08
Date Received Ack. Letter: 18/10/08
Date Refused: 07/02/2013
Date Sent for re-consideration:11/02/2013
Date Refused: 18/11/2013
Date Appeal :04/02/2014
Date Appeal Allowed: 17/02/2014
Date Biometrics booking letter arrived: 17/06/2014
Date Biometrics Done at PO : 18/06/2014
Date Passport/Docs received from HO: Waiting
Date Biometrics received : Waiting
Visa Type : FLR(0)
Congratulations I wish you all the best and hope that other members of your family will be sort out soon
Your expectation will manifest very soon

dapsonlee
Member of Standing

Post by dapsonlee » Sun Jun 29, 2014 6:34 pm

It's been a while and I give God all the glory and honor.

A big thank you to Kukuwife, nilemarques, al Haqq, Verbina, Rina, Believe2013 and to others that I have failed to mention, God bless you exceedingly above your expectations.

To the newbies, welcome and I pray we all get a response and to those in waiting, the tide has started to turn with the conservatives falling off each day. I pray that we will testify goodness and divine favour in the mess they have created for themselves.

I pray this new week and new month brings in favour for us all (Amen).

bsmith13

Post by bsmith13 » Sun Jun 29, 2014 7:37 pm

dapsonlee wrote:It's been a while and I give God all the glory and honor.

A big thank you to Kukuwife, nilemarques, al Haqq, Verbina, Rina, Believe2013 and to others that I have failed to mention, God bless you exceedingly above your expectations.

To the newbies, welcome and I pray we all get a response and to those in waiting, the tide has started to turn with the conservatives falling off each day. I pray that we will testify goodness and divine favour in the mess they have created for themselves.

Hello Dapsonlee,

Welcome back, it's good to have u back here. It's been a while and I have you in mind all the time because we've not heard from you in a while. Hope all is well with you?

God's Authority

Post by God's Authority » Mon Jun 30, 2014 3:02 am

Dapsonlee , please don't make us miss you too much again. Such long absence that was !:)

Glad to know you are well. I pray that your wait and that of everyone still awaiting the good news will not be in vain. Surely the Lord must fulfill his promise.

Just stopped by to say hello to you and everyone else(Rina,Believe and everyone else still waiting on God, you are in my thought and prayers x)

God bless us all.

Ikonkar
India

Post by Ikonkar » Mon Jun 30, 2014 11:54 am

Ikonkar wrote:Dear All,

Thought I'd share my mates time line as well and would appreciate any kind of advise - PLEASE.

Application Sent FLR (o) - 10/03/2014
Acknowledgement from UKBA - 15/03/2014
Biometric Letter - 10/04/2014
Biometric given - 11/04/2014
Home Office requested additional documents - 02/05/2014
Documents sent - 14/05/2014
Application refused - 16/05/2014
Documents Received with NO right of appeal - 21/05/2014 :(

My mate is an illegal entrant since March 2000 (over 14 years), he's been living with his British Wife for over 2 years( collective proof) but both have known each other since 2006. Both are in mid 40's. No kids together, however my mate's wife has 2 kids from previous marriage both over the age of 18. My mate's wife is british since birth and has her own business earning over the threshold £18,600.
They cannot relocate to any other country due to family ties in the UK and also the parents in law of my mate needs care and attention as they are in late (80's). Plus the business- they just can't think of leaving everything behind.

Can you please advise what we could do. totally lost. The Home Office refusal was ever so stupid and honestly I personally believe they will no grounds to stay on if we can manage to get an appeal right.

Please help.

Thanks
Hi Guys,

Further to above I forgot to mention that after we applied on FLR (o) form, HO sent us the FLR (FP) form to fill and send it back for them to consider the application. We did but they refused it again!! we have already sent PAP Judicial review letter to the unit in Croydon and gave them 28 days to reconsider, unfortuanately 28 days time passed today and so far nothing yet :(

Can someone please advise what can be done ?

Thanks
GOD BLESS
Ikonkar

Ikonkar
India

Post by Ikonkar » Mon Jun 30, 2014 3:09 pm

All,

Another update - just rang HO and advisor told me that they haven't considered my reconsideration request and niether they've served me with deportation order(in order to gain the appeal). I'm in limbo at the moment. Dont know what else to say or do?

Shall I apply again - start from fresh?

Please help
GOD BLESS
Ikonkar

Latilabox
Newly Registered

Post by Latilabox » Mon Jun 30, 2014 3:39 pm

Hi, just want to share my time line. Flr o extension

Application Sent : 29 april 2014
Accepted by HO : 30 april 2014
Money taken : 2 may 2014
Acknowledgement letter : 6 may 2014 (dated 1 may 2014)
Biometric letter received : 9 may 2014 (dated 6 may 2014)
Biometric done : 14 may 2014
Documents returned : 28 june 2014 (dated 25 june 2014) and decision letter: granted
BRC received : 30 june 2014

Finally freedom yeah :lol:

Good luck to those who are still waiting. GBU

dapsonlee
Member of Standing

Post by dapsonlee » Mon Jun 30, 2014 6:35 pm

bsmith13 wrote:
dapsonlee wrote:It's been a while and I give God all the glory and honor.

Hello Dapsonlee,

Welcome back, it's good to have u back here. It's been a while and I have you in mind all the time because we've not heard from you in a while. Hope all is well with you?
Aww! Thank you ever so much bsmith. I am truly honored. All is very well I can only give thanks to God. I am just catching up with everyone. How is your case coming along?

dapsonlee
Member of Standing

Post by dapsonlee » Mon Jun 30, 2014 6:38 pm

God's Authority wrote:Dapsonlee , please don't make us miss you too much again. Such long absence that was !:)

Glad to know you are well. I pray that your wait and that of everyone still awaiting the good news will not be in vain. Surely the Lord must fulfill his promise.

Just stopped by to say hello to you and everyone else(Rina,Believe and everyone else still waiting on God, you are in my thought and prayers x)

God bless us all.
God bless you God's Authority. You are nothing short of amazing! May the good lord continue to remember you as well. :-)

A very big hearty welcome to the newbies and a huge congrats to those that were recently granted.