ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Is FLR(IED) required to join a new employer

Archived UK Tier 1 (General) points system forum. This route no longer exists.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

Developer

Is FLR(IED) required to join a new employer

Post by Developer » Tue Nov 02, 2004 10:20 am

HI all,

Is it necessary to have FLR before you join any organisation (switch the employer)?

I was on a workpermit but recent got my certificates back along with a letter stating my HSMP approved and now I require FLR.

But, I have a job and it can start in a week's time. I was wondering if I need to have FLR on my passport before I join that org. or can join the employer and then apply for it.

Please help

MWazir
Diamond Member

Post by MWazir » Tue Nov 02, 2004 10:30 am

No, you cannot work for another employer. You must first get your FLR based on your HSMP approval before you can start working for a new employer.

Please check your visa status as well. For WP holders, any change of work must be authorised first. Unless your current visa states otherwise, you cannot work for the new employer.

ND
Member of Standing

Post by ND » Tue Nov 02, 2004 10:31 am

Developer,

Can you please post the details of your application ? As far as I remember u sent the application on Sep 29'th right ?

When did u receive u'r decision letter ?

MWazir
Diamond Member

Post by MWazir » Tue Nov 02, 2004 10:31 am

I see you have raised the same question before 8)

http://www.immigrationboards.com/viewtopic.php?t=2080

try-one
Member of Standing

Post by try-one » Tue Nov 02, 2004 11:33 am

I'm planing to fly to my home country the moment I get either my HSMP or my new WP in order to get the FLR......can anyone give me some feedback on why this is not a good idea....apart of the cost of the tickets? In my country I got the initial EC in one day......and I'm sure the FLR would be the same....compared to the 8 weeks in the UK that makes me unenployable........any feedback?

MWazir
Diamond Member

Post by MWazir » Tue Nov 02, 2004 11:39 am

I didnt know you could apply for an FLR from overseas? I think when you go to your home country and apply it will treated as an EC.

Yes, it should be significantly faster than filing for FLR there in the UK. In theory, if you have a visa that counts towards settlement (like a WP), you go back to your home country to obtain EC for your next visa so that you speedup your visa processing (like HSMP), does that reset your ILR clock?

try-one
Member of Standing

Post by try-one » Tue Nov 02, 2004 12:11 pm

If I go to my home country for the EC, I can show it was a 5 day trip, I kept my current accomodation, bank accounts so I kept strong ties to the UK, plus I returned to take employement.....
Would the clock be reset???
any other problems by flying to home country and getting the EC instead of FLR...
I just can't wait 8 weeks for a FLR...no one would employ me and I would lost any job offer used to get the HSMP in the first place.....(catch 22!)

MWazir
Diamond Member

Post by MWazir » Tue Nov 02, 2004 12:20 pm

Wouldnt know myself. Thought I would raise it for clarity and better understanding.

When you go to your home country for the EC/FLR based on your HSMP approval, will you have already resigned from your current job? i.e would your work permit still be valid?

try-one
Member of Standing

Post by try-one » Tue Nov 02, 2004 12:28 pm

......if i need to I will, or I can resign from my home country once I get the EC..... I'm not going to burn my ships.... I need a secure way of doing it, once I see the stamp on the passport with the EC under HSMP I will send a nice letter to my employer resigning........or something like that.... i wouldn;t want to have a problem with the EC and lose the WP at the same time.....
what is the best way of doing this??

MWazir
Diamond Member

Post by MWazir » Tue Nov 02, 2004 12:33 pm

I agree with you. Dont burn your bridges yet but only after getting your FLR/EC. Also depends on your contractual terms. What kind of notice period do you have? After obtaining your EC/FLR you can resign, serve your notice period and commence working for your new employer.

Have you considered filling up the Urgent Treatment form? Like a pre-booked holiday or wedding in the family etc or business travel. With that you would have your FLR(IED) processed urgently.

try-one
Member of Standing

Post by try-one » Tue Nov 02, 2004 4:18 pm

But I have seen a lot of people in the board saying that the FLR urgent, is taking 4 weeks.....

MWazir
Diamond Member

Post by MWazir » Wed Nov 03, 2004 1:15 pm

ND wrote:Developer,

Can you please post the details of your application ? As far as I remember u sent the application on Sep 29'th right ?

When did u receive u'r decision letter ?
Developer,
can you please confirm if your application has been processed. It seems there are random applications that have been processed. Mine was from September and another applicant's friend from July was processed.

Or did you submit job offer to move your application on the urgent queue?

Developer

Post by Developer » Wed Nov 03, 2004 1:25 pm

I submitted my applicaiton on 16th Oct (as there was some problem with the payment on my initial submit). It has been approved.

MWazir
Diamond Member

Post by MWazir » Wed Nov 03, 2004 1:30 pm

Many congratulations Developer

It seems HO is doing something different. Three different applications to be processed from July, September and October doesnt seem random to me. I wonder on what basis they are doing it.

Their September User Panel minutes have not yet been published. It would interesting to see what that says.

try-one
Member of Standing

Post by try-one » Wed Nov 03, 2004 2:39 pm

I think they set up some internal rules so trainees can take specific cases and approve those straight away. They know they need to solve the backlog, they are clearly training people.....we just need to figure out the common aspects of the july, sept and oct applications that got approved.
it could be a practical solution....of all the applications, they will inmediatelly take those that are easy to approve....the others go to the senior case workers for review...for example in country, with american or european degree is easier than someone with documentation from third world country....just a thought....
-------------------------
Life is a journey, not a destination (S. Tyler)

EdgeHillMole

Post by EdgeHillMole » Wed Nov 03, 2004 8:57 pm

Are these July-Sept applications being approved all from within the country?

Perhaps they are planning to create a separate queue for in-country applicants (And are planning to put the trainees to work on that line after training is complete)?

MWazir
Diamond Member

Post by MWazir » Wed Nov 03, 2004 9:01 pm

I am an in-country applicant. I think developer is in-country too. I dont know about the other guy (He was a July applicant)

At this stage, I would term it as speculation. Maybe they are isolated cases randomly picked out for new case workers, maybe not. We will find out soon enough.

f2k
Diamond Member

Post by f2k » Wed Nov 03, 2004 11:03 pm

i also think that there is something going on. i see what you are saying Try - one but you would only find out that a case is "easy" once you have actually started it. and in any case wont you pick up an "easy" case from May to train your trainee caseworkers with. it will be interesting what their update on Friday will say. the one thing though is that there is 3 applicants on this forum who have been approved b4 they were expecting it, my take could be that there is many more people out there who dont use this forum who are in the same situation

MWazir
Diamond Member

Post by MWazir » Thu Nov 04, 2004 12:15 pm

Yes I quite agree with f2k on that one. There will be others who have got approvals earlier than their expected dates outside this forum. Like Julia said it would be interesting to see how many of these are in-country applicants.

My disagreement with try-one's hypothesis is that I have an Indian degree. I dont think its got anything to do with the country you have come from.

ND
Member of Standing

Post by ND » Thu Nov 04, 2004 12:19 pm

Even I have indian degree and some experience is also from india. :wink:

try-one
Member of Standing

Post by try-one » Thu Nov 04, 2004 12:23 pm

just trying to guess what's going on..........
-------------------------
Life is a journey, not a destination (S. Tyler)

MWazir
Diamond Member

Post by MWazir » Thu Nov 04, 2004 12:23 pm

ND wrote:Even I have indian degree and some experience is also from india. :wink:
Me too :) 4 years working in India and 2 years in the UK :wink:

ND
Member of Standing

Post by ND » Thu Nov 04, 2004 12:25 pm

Oh is it ! I worked in india for 2 years out of which i was on-site in US for sometime and later shifted to UK I am working here from past 20 months :)

tvt

Post by tvt » Thu Nov 04, 2004 2:54 pm

Read the new topic - "New approach to change of employment cases".
-----------------------------------
<<<N. N. - G. N.>>>

MWazir
Diamond Member

Post by MWazir » Thu Nov 04, 2004 2:56 pm

http://www.workingintheuk.gov.uk/workin ... cases.html

Does it only apply to work permit holders changing employers?
Or will it also apply to work permit holders who have recieved HSMP approval letters and planning to file FLR(IED)