ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

PBS Dependent switching to Tier 2 General

Only for the UK Skilled Worker visas, formerly known as Tier 2 visa route

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

Vakam
Newly Registered

Post by Vakam » Mon Jan 07, 2013 7:49 pm

Hi,
I'm currently residing in the UK as a PBS dependent of a Tier 2 ICT Short Term Employee. I'm looking to change to a Tier 2 General Visa. I had a few questions that i'm confused about after going through UKBA website and many posts on this forum. Please advice.
1. Am I eligible to apply for Tier 2 General from within the UK? Considering that I'm currently residing as a PBS dependent of a ICT Short Term Emp.
2. If I go back, Do I need wait the cooling off period before applying a Tier 2 General?
3. If I am granted a visa, can my spouse apply to be my dependent or does she need serve the cooling off period before applying.

Many thanks!

stalwar_hss
Newly Registered

TIER 2 ICT Long Term Staff Partner switch to Tier 2 General

Post by stalwar_hss » Mon Jan 07, 2013 11:43 pm

Vakam wrote:Hi,
I'm currently residing in the UK as a PBS dependent of a Tier 2 ICT Short Term Employee. I'm looking to change to a Tier 2 General Visa. I had a few questions that i'm confused about after going through UKBA website and many posts on this forum. Please advice.
1. Am I eligible to apply for Tier 2 General from within the UK? Considering that I'm currently residing as a PBS dependent of a ICT Short Term Emp.
2. If I go back, Do I need wait the cooling off period before applying a Tier 2 General?
3. If I am granted a visa, can my spouse apply to be my dependent or does she need serve the cooling off period before applying.

Many thanks!
Richa Talwar wrote:
Hi,
I also have a simillar concern: I am in UK, since May 2011 as TIER 2 ICT Long Term Staff Partner. My spouse is working for company ABC who sponsored our Tier 2 ICT Long term VISA and am working with a company XYZ without any sponsorship. Now I am looking for a job switch and found a company who can sponsor Tier 2 General. Now I have following concerns:
1. Can Tier 2 ICT long term staff Partner switch to Tier 2 general
2. If yes can it be done while in UK
3. If I get Tier 2 general can my spouse who is Tier 2 ICT Migrant main appliclant switch to Tier 2 General partner and continue the job with the current employer company ABC
4. In case I've to return to India will there be any cool off period for me
5 Simillarly is there any coolof period applicable for my spouse for conversion to Tier 2 General dependant.
Please reply soon as its quite urgen otherwise I might loose this opertunity. Thanks in Advance for you reponse.

Also would like to know if a Tier 2 ICT Long term VISA holder has to retun on completion of his assignmen before VISA exoiry can dependant continue his stay in UK and work
Richa

mulderpf
Diamond Member

Re: PBS Dependent switching to Tier 2 General

Post by mulderpf » Tue Jan 08, 2013 8:06 am

Vakam wrote:Hi,

Many thanks!
1. You are not allowed to make an application from inside the UK, you need to apply from abroad.
2. As a dependent, no cooling off period applies to you afaik.
3. Unsure.

Vakam
Newly Registered

Post by Vakam » Wed Jan 09, 2013 8:02 pm

Thanks mulderpf!
Do update this thread if you come across any information on Q3. I'll keep looking too. Thanks.

diffindo
Newly Registered

Post by diffindo » Mon Mar 04, 2013 1:10 pm

Hi,

I am exactly in the same boat as you. I wanted to know if you found an answer to the following question yet

3. If I get Tier 2 general can my spouse who is Tier 2 ICT Migrant main appliclant switch to Tier 2 General partner and continue the job with the current employer company ABC

Please let me know.
Thanks,
Diffindo

manci
Respected Guru

Post by manci » Mon Mar 04, 2013 3:18 pm

Vakam wrote:3. If I am granted a visa, can my spouse apply to be my dependent yes, she can apply with you but only from outside the UK or does she need serve the cooling off period before applying no.

santosh.cbit2002
Newly Registered

Post by santosh.cbit2002 » Mon Jun 30, 2014 9:01 am

Hi
Am on T2 ICT issued in 2008.
My wife got PBS Dependent visa in Jan 2012.
She is currently working for an employer in UK.(permanent role).

Can she switch from PBS Dependent to T2 general?
After switch,can she continue work for the same employer?
Can you help me know sponsors for T2 general?
Thank you

manci
Respected Guru

Post by manci » Mon Jun 30, 2014 9:35 am

santosh.cbit2002 wrote:Hi
Am on T2 ICT issued in 2008.
My wife got PBS Dependent visa in Jan 2012.
She is currently working for an employer in UK.(permanent role).

Can she switch from PBS Dependent to T2 general?
yes, from home country with restricted CoS

After switch,can she continue work for the same employer?
yes, but only if the employer is her sponsor

Can you help me know sponsors for T2 general?
https://www.gov.uk/government/uploads/s ... -06-27.pdf

Thank you

santosh.cbit2002
Newly Registered

Post by santosh.cbit2002 » Mon Jun 30, 2014 11:15 am

Thanks for reply.
Can any other consultants sponsor visa and then she can work for the current employer?

She can go to home country for application.

DaY
Newly Registered

Post by DaY » Tue Jul 22, 2014 2:26 pm

Hi

Can someone please urgently reply to this?

I have changed from Tier 2 dependent to Tier 2 General. I have received Tier 2 General which starts from 6th of August

Can I travel to UK on my dependent visa prior to the start of my Tier 2 General which is still valid?

Please let me know urgently

Regards

Day