ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Family Visit Visa Refused

General UK immigration & work permits; don't post job search or family related topics!

Please use this section of the board if there is no specific section for your query.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

therock
Member of Standing

Family Visit Visa Refused

Post by therock » Mon Jun 30, 2014 5:07 pm

Hi, My mother applied for family visit visa 3 weeks ago, and today we have got the refusal letter. They have stated:
You have stated that you are supported by your husband however you have not demonstrated that he is employed or in receipt of an income. In addition to this you have not demonstrated his whereabouts or that you are residing with any family members in Pakistan. You have not demonstrated your own funds or financial circumstances. As a result I cannot be satisfied....
We applied for 2 years visa as she had already travelled to UK back in 2009. The strange thing is, Back in 2009, I used exactly the same documents and she was issued the visa. She is not working, how can she provide proof of income etc?

Any ideas?

pelen23

Re: Family Visit Visa Refused

Post by pelen23 » Wed Jul 02, 2014 5:31 pm

therock wrote:Hi, My mother applied for family visit visa 3 weeks ago, and today we have got the refusal letter. They have stated:
You have stated that you are supported by your husband however you have not demonstrated that he is employed or in receipt of an income. In addition to this you have not demonstrated his whereabouts or that you are residing with any family members in Pakistan. You have not demonstrated your own funds or financial circumstances. As a result I cannot be satisfied....
We applied for 2 years visa as she had already travelled to UK back in 2009. The strange thing is, Back in 2009, I used exactly the same documents and she was issued the visa. She is not working, how can she provide proof of income etc?

Any ideas?
Immigration rules change all the time so you need to make sure you provide up to date info.
I believe that they are aware that she doesn't work so they need to know how she supports herself This is why they are asking her husbands proof of income and whether they live together or she is supported by other family members.

Has she actually provide what they ask?