ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Days out of UK calc.

Only for queries regarding Indefinite Leave to Remain (ILR). Please use the EU Settlement Scheme forum for queries about settled status under Appendix EU

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

Tier1extn001

Days out of UK calc.

Post by Tier1extn001 » Sun Jun 29, 2014 2:13 pm

Hi all,

Looking for an advice.

I am a banker and my TIER 1 G was granted in Feb 2009 (applied from India) but could not come to UK until Jan 2010 - I was due to come through an internal transfer from the company in Feb 2009 but could not do so until Jan 2010.I was under payroll of india before Jan 2010.

My question is can I claim any part of my stay in india during the period from feb 2009-Jan 2010 toward the 5 year requirement when applying for ILR? My bank is a MNC and they can issue me a letter that will give me one letter that covers all experience (india and UK).

If there is any document you can share for me to get an idea will be great.

Regards

Tier1extn001

Re: Days out of UK calc.

Post by Tier1extn001 » Mon Jun 30, 2014 7:54 pm

helllo - anyone?

Macro_Run
Member of Standing

Re: Days out of UK calc.

Post by Macro_Run » Tue Jul 01, 2014 11:09 am

It is difficult to add those days.

ILR : calculating continuous period in UK guidance says the following

The period between entry clearance being issued and the applicant entering the UK may be counted toward the qualifying period, as long as it does not exceed 90 days. This can occur if the applicant is delayed travelling to the UK. The period of delay will not be counted as an absence if it does not exceed 90 days. If the delay is more than 90 days, none of the period between entry clearance being issued and the applicant entering the UK can be included in the continuous period calculation.

If you need more details, just look at the below link.

https://www.gov.uk/government/uploads/s ... eriods.pdf