ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

ILR based on 10 Year Long Residence - help needed Please

Only for queries regarding Indefinite Leave to Remain (ILR). Please use the EU Settlement Scheme forum for queries about settled status under Appendix EU

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

viglen210

ILR based on 10 Year Long Residence - help needed Please

Post by viglen210 » Wed Aug 22, 2012 9:00 pm

Hi all,

I am new here and would kindly request your help.

I want to apply for ILR based on long residence in the UK. 7 years student, 2 years PSW, 1 refugee status. No gaps at all. Granted refugee status before the expiry of PSW visa.

Do you think I can apply? if so, is it better to do it through a solicitor or on my own?

Thank you

force49
Newly Registered

Re: ILR based on 10 Year Long Residence - help needed Please

Post by force49 » Mon Jun 30, 2014 7:42 pm

could anyone help? my friend have same question

Amber
Mood:
United Kingdom

Post by Amber » Tue Jul 01, 2014 12:00 am

Yes, they should be ok.
**this forum is not intended to be a substitute for professional advice**
Click here to send me a PM regarding an offensive post. Do NOT PM me for immigration advice.

fielddrive
United Kingdom

Post by fielddrive » Tue Jul 01, 2014 12:53 am

in theory if your friend has been legally resident in the UK for 10 years then yes, but you should seek professional advice if unsure of immigration laws.

The guidance on gov.uk is pretty comprehensive if your case is straight forward. if you have a specific question about filling the form then post it here

force49
Newly Registered

Post by force49 » Tue Jul 01, 2014 12:33 pm

@amber_ @fielddrive, thank you guys. more questions, pls help.

1. seek asylum before visa expired at may , granted refugee status at sep. between april - august count as temporary admission and protection of 3D?

2. lost the passport but have copies of the password and entry stamp, how to prove he there is no gap ( he has no gaps at all)?

3. have to pay 1k application fee? set(p) route is free but need to wait.

4. neeed to take life in uk?

5. wise to pay solicitor to help the application, is there any free legal advice since legal aid cut?

thank in advance.

jamil12
Newly Registered

Post by jamil12 » Tue Jul 01, 2014 1:52 pm

Hi,
I like to get some information about 10 years long residency as a family member of an EEA national, here is some information about my visas.
I came to the UK on 26th feb 2006 as a student and remained student until 21st dec 2011 , then i got married to my wife who is an EEA national , we are living together and she is exercising her treaty right in the UK , my EEA visa will expire on the 21st dec 2016 , whereas my 10 years will complete in feb 2016, is it possible for me to apply for ILR on the basis of long residency or i will have to wait till my 5 years visa as a family member to finish.

Also please someone tell me what documentation i will need to apply for ILR in both cases .Thank you .

Amber
Mood:
United Kingdom

Post by Amber » Tue Jul 01, 2014 7:50 pm

I'd just wait and save the money.
**this forum is not intended to be a substitute for professional advice**
Click here to send me a PM regarding an offensive post. Do NOT PM me for immigration advice.