ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

English Language evidence for Tier 4

Only for UK Student Visas, formerly known as Tier 4 (General) student visa

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

vashini84
Newly Registered

English Language evidence for Tier 4

Post by vashini84 » Mon Jun 30, 2014 2:46 pm

I intend to apply for a Tier 4 visa to pursue my masters study in UK. I have a bachelors degree awarded by a UK university (University of London), although I studied in Sri Lanka through distance learning. During the entire course of my degree studies, I attended a private institute in Sri Lanka that offered my degree programme in collaboration with the UK university. So basically, I have a UK bachelors degree regardless of where I studied. And according to the university, the qualification is of the same standard as that of a student studying in the UK - this is clearly described in my Diploma Supplement as well.

Do I meet the requirements for English Language? And will my qualification be considered as 'taught in English' if I could submit a medium of instruction letter from my institute along with my UK degree certificate?

Or should I apply for UK NARIC's English Language assessment?

shaq1

Re: English Language evidence for Tier 4

Post by shaq1 » Tue Jul 01, 2014 9:32 am

If you have any UK degree awarded by any UK university then you will not require any other English test. No matter where you have done your degree.