ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

5 year requirement query

Only for queries regarding Indefinite Leave to Remain (ILR). Please use the EU Settlement Scheme forum for queries about settled status under Appendix EU

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

ILR_Soon
Newly Registered

5 year requirement query

Post by ILR_Soon » Tue Jul 01, 2014 11:44 am

Hi All,

I am starting to think about my ILR application, but I'm not sure if I need to apply for another extension first. I would appreciate your help in figuring this out.

Here is my history:

Initial Tier 1(G) visa granted: 08/02/2010 (valid for 3 years)
Entry into the UK: 04/03/2010
Extension Tier 1 (G) visa granted: 02/02/2013 (valid for 2 years)
Visa expiry: 02/02/2015

The reason for my delayed entry into the UK was because I was finishing my work contract in the US before moving over. My question is can I apply for ILR via PEO appointment 28 days prior to 08/02/2015 or do I not meet the 5 year requirement?

I am very confused with the guidance. Does the 24 days that I was not in the UK count toward my total of 5 years in the UK as it is less than 90 days from the time I was granted entry clearance and when I actually entered the UK? I'm not sure if I actually need to wait until 03/03/2015 to apply for ILR, which would require 1 more extension.

If it is acceptable and I can apply for ILR, do I need to provide evidence of the reason for my delay into the country?

Thanks in advance!

zahmed05
- thin ice -
Pakistan

Re: 5 year requirement query

Post by zahmed05 » Tue Jul 01, 2014 11:58 am