ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Entry clearance stamp against the wrong visa

Only for queries regarding Indefinite Leave to Remain (ILR). Please use the EU Settlement Scheme forum for queries about settled status under Appendix EU

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

ateer

Entry clearance stamp against the wrong visa

Post by ateer » Mon Jun 30, 2014 3:18 pm

Hi,

I am applying for my ILR application this week and just wanted to check something. I first entered the UK under Tier1 general on 26th Jan 2009. However, I had been living in the country on a HSMP dependent visa before I left the country to switch into Tier 1 (general) category and seek entry clearance. Unfortunately, when I first arrived into the country on my new Tier 1(general) visa on 26th Jan 2009, the immigration officer incorrectly put the stamp against my old dependent work permit visa which was still valid at the time. Now I am planning to apply for ILR based on my Tier 1 (general) visa which was valid from the 14th Jan 2009. I am just nervous about the mistake made by the immigration officer in stamping it against the old visa could have any implications on my ILR application.

Does the new visa automatically supersede the old visa on the passport? Do I need to collect any additional proof to prove that I had sought entry clearance on the new Tier 1 (general) visa and not the old dependent work permit visa which was still in date at the time? Does it even matter which page the entry clearance stamp is on?

I would really appreciate if I could get a reply as I am applying for ILR in the next couple of days.

Thanks in advance
ateer

ateer

Re: Entry clearance stamp against the wrong visa

Post by ateer » Mon Jun 30, 2014 4:48 pm

Hello Guys,

Can you please provide some guidance to this? I understand this is a very niche question but any thought or input would be helpful.

Cheers
ateer

theprideofpak

Post by theprideofpak » Tue Jul 01, 2014 8:11 am

ateer wrote:Hi,

I am applying for my ILR application this week and just wanted to check something. I first entered the UK under Tier1 general on 26th Jan 2009. However, I had been living in the country on a HSMP dependent visa before I left the country to switch into Tier 1 (general) category and seek entry clearance. Unfortunately, when I first arrived into the country on my new Tier 1(general) visa on 26th Jan 2009, the immigration officer incorrectly put the stamp against my old dependent work permit visa which was still valid at the time. Now I am planning to apply for ILR based on my Tier 1 (general) visa which was valid from the 14th Jan 2009. I am just nervous about the mistake made by the immigration officer in stamping it against the old visa could have any implications on my ILR application.

Does the new visa automatically supersede the old visa on the passport? Do I need to collect any additional proof to prove that I had sought entry clearance on the new Tier 1 (general) visa and not the old dependent work permit visa which was still in date at the time? Does it even matter which page the entry clearance stamp is on?

I would really appreciate if I could get a reply as I am applying for ILR in the next couple of days.

Thanks in advance
ateer
I don't see this effecting your application, as always new visa takes over the old visa no matter if the old one is still valid. Your stay in the country is on your latest immigration status. Don't worry and apply with confidence. Thx

ateer

Post by ateer » Tue Jul 01, 2014 12:29 pm

Thank you so much @theprideofpak for replying to my query. This has certainly put my mind to rest. Fingers crossed.

ateer

Post by ateer » Wed Jul 02, 2014 11:59 pm

Hi,

Just wanted to let you know that the I got my ILR approved today. The caseworker did get confused but I talked it through with him about the incorrect stampings. So don't worry if your entry clearance stamp is against the old visa.

theprideofpak

Post by theprideofpak » Thu Jul 03, 2014 6:41 am

ateer wrote:Hi,

Just wanted to let you know that the I got my ILR approved today. The caseworker did get confused but I talked it through with him about the incorrect stampings. So don't worry if your entry clearance stamp is against the old visa.

Great......happy times....