ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Same sponsor different location Query

Only for the UK Skilled Worker visas, formerly known as Tier 2 visa route

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

Mysterymeow

Same sponsor different location Query

Post by Mysterymeow » Mon Jun 30, 2014 8:01 am

Morning all.

Quick question. I am currently employed as a teacher. My sponsors on my last CoS were Surrey County Council. I work at a school in Surrey as a Nursery teacher. I was hired as maternity cover and will hopefully be going to teach at a different school in Surrey as a Reception teacher. Do they have to do a resident market test as it is the same sponsor? Essentially it is the same job just at a different location. I thought that it would just be a straight forward extension.

Many thanks for reading this. Hope to hear from you soon!

onlooker

Re: Same sponsor different location Query

Post by onlooker » Tue Jul 01, 2014 7:59 pm

Depends on how much your duties change and whether your new pay is less. Best to consult official guidance.

Frontier Mole
Respected Guru
European Union

Re: Same sponsor different location Query

Post by Frontier Mole » Wed Jul 02, 2014 9:30 am

If you are going to remain employed by the same Sponsor doing a role that is the same SOC and it no more than a cnange of location then there is no need forRLMT.
I have one concern though - if you were employed on a fixed term contract for thr maternity cover only that may suggest that there is no continuing employment beyond the contract end date. In that case the RLMT would come into play as in real terms it is not the same job and is subject to different employment T&C,'s.