ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Tier 4

Only for UK Student Visas, formerly known as Tier 4 (General) student visa

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

drmuqtadeer
Newly Registered

Tier 4

Post by drmuqtadeer » Tue Jul 01, 2014 10:09 pm

I am residing in this country legally from last 8 years. I am a PHD student and last year Aug 2013 i took a break for 1 month
and the university agreed. I was supposed to join back in oct 2013 but due to some reasons i was late in joining and when i contacted my uni they told me that i cant join back because i was given authorised absence for 1 month only.
Finally i was allowed to join back in march 2014 and i am now a studying, now i want to switch to tier 2 and going to make the application soon. My question is
1) Will this period of 6 months when i was not studying and residing here will have an impact on my application
2) Whats my status now, i dint receive any letter from home office that my visa is curtailed (i dint change my address) nor i receive
any letter from uni. On the other hand uni took me back after 6 months on the same visa
Thanks

Frontier Mole
Respected Guru
European Union

Re: Tier 4

Post by Frontier Mole » Tue Jul 01, 2014 11:00 pm

If there has been no curtaiment of your tier 4 visa there should not be a problem.. To be sure I would ask the Uni to confirm you were not reported to tge Homec Office.