ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

PBS dependant- Applying for ILR

Only for queries regarding Indefinite Leave to Remain (ILR). Please use the EU Settlement Scheme forum for queries about settled status under Appendix EU

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

Hima02
Newly Registered

PBS dependant- Applying for ILR

Post by Hima02 » Fri Jun 27, 2014 4:11 pm

I am on PBS dependent visa. My husbands holds an ILR. As I entered UK with a dependent visa from 22nd May, 2012 I feel I am eligible for the ILR now.
I would like to know the correct application form for the ILR. I found this application online
https://www.gov.uk/government/uploads/s ... _06-14.pdf

And as I am applying alone for an ILR (main applicant), I would like to know what are the supporting documents required regarding the finances as mentioned in section 5 of the above application form, "Complete the following table indicating the sources and levels of income as indicated in 5.1 - 5.5 that you and your partner are relying on to adequately maintain you and any dependants."
1.My husband's bank statements
2.Copy of his passport
3.Copy of his BRP card
4.Sponsor letter from my husband

Are these documents sufficient from my husband to support my application.

Can anyone please help me regarding the right application form and the required supporting documents for the finances.

Amber
Mood:
United Kingdom

Re: PBS dependant- Applying for ILR

Post by Amber » Fri Jun 27, 2014 4:38 pm

That's correct. B1 English and LIUK. 3 months wage slips and corresponding bank statements. Cohabitation proof over the last 2 years.
**this forum is not intended to be a substitute for professional advice**
Click here to send me a PM regarding an offensive post. Do NOT PM me for immigration advice.

Hima02
Newly Registered

Post by Hima02 » Fri Jun 27, 2014 9:32 pm

Amber_ wrote:That's correct. B1 English and LIUK. 3 months wage slips and corresponding bank statements. Cohabitation proof over the last 2 years.
Many Thanks. So no need of my husbands Original Passport or BRP is required right ?

Best Regards,
Hima.

Amber
Mood:
United Kingdom

Post by Amber » Sat Jun 28, 2014 12:39 am

Yes, copies should suffice, but originals may be requested.
**this forum is not intended to be a substitute for professional advice**
Click here to send me a PM regarding an offensive post. Do NOT PM me for immigration advice.

Hima02
Newly Registered

Post by Hima02 » Sat Jun 28, 2014 11:08 pm

Thank you Amber for the clarification. Its very helpful.

varghesejim
India

Post by varghesejim » Mon Jun 30, 2014 1:43 pm

Hima02 wrote:Thank you Amber for the clarification. Its very helpful.
Amber already specified this, but stressing this again since you missed this in your original post.

Without proper cohabitation documents chances are high for a rejection.

Hima02
Newly Registered

Post by Hima02 » Mon Jun 30, 2014 3:23 pm

Yes varghesejim, I have noted that point. I did not mention it just because I already collected all the required cohabitation documents for the last 2 years.

Thank you ones again.

theprideofpak

Post by theprideofpak » Tue Jul 01, 2014 8:20 am

Hima02 wrote:Yes varghesejim, I have noted that point. I did not mention it just because I already collected all the required cohabitation documents for the last 2 years.

Thank you ones again.

Also you need to photocopy your husbands passport's each and every single page if you are applying by post, and not just the visa and stamps pages.

Hima02
Newly Registered

Post by Hima02 » Tue Jul 01, 2014 9:39 am

theprideofpak wrote:
Hima02 wrote:Yes varghesejim, I have noted that point. I did not mention it just because I already collected all the required cohabitation documents for the last 2 years.

Thank you ones again.

Also you need to photocopy your husbands passport's each and every single page if you are applying by post, and not just the visa and stamps pages.
Ok, I thought the 1st and last pages of the passport(my husband's) photocopy would do. Thanks a lot for this update. I am applying by post. Kindly let me know If any other important documents other than the above mentioned documents are required.

For better clarification, I am making the list again. Please do confirm it.
1. Latest Application form
2. Marriage certificate
3. My passport and BRP (including photocopies of all the pages)
4. My husband's passport and BRP photocopies of all pages
5. My husband's Employer letter, 3 months pay slips, 3 months bank statements
6. Last 2 yrs cohabitation documents (which includes both our names)- Tenancy agreements, Utility bills, Bank statements or letter, Council tax bills
7. 2 photographs latest
8. My degree certificates
9. UK Naric certificate reg. English language
10. Life int he UK test certificate
11. Sponsor letter form my husband

I hope this the complete list I need to submit for posting my application form. Kindly confirm.

theprideofpak

Post by theprideofpak » Wed Jul 02, 2014 6:15 am

Hima02 wrote:
theprideofpak wrote:

Thank you ones again.

Ok, I thought the 1st and last pages of the passport(my husband's) photocopy would do. Thanks a lot for this update. I am applying by post. Kindly let me know If any other important documents other than the above mentioned documents are required.

2. Marriage certificate
6. Last 2 yrs cohabitation documents (which includes both our names)- Tenancy agreements, Utility bills, Bank statements or letter, Council tax bills
7. 2 photographs latest

I hope this the complete list I need to submit for posting my application form. Kindly confirm.

Spot on...
Don't forget to include your husbands photo (you didn't mention that)
I filled in set(m) for my wide and I didn't include any sponsor letter from myself, but I don't know if that necessary for your case. I believe in this that give HO only relevant documents that they have asked for, and don't include any extra documents. Everything else looks and fine and you are good to go, why not apply at PEO, it will be quick same day result, then you'll be able to apply some benefits as well...

Hima02
Newly Registered

Post by Hima02 » Wed Jul 02, 2014 8:51 am

2. Marriage certificate
7. 2 photographs latest

I hope this the complete list I need to submit for posting my application form. Kindly confirm.[/quote]

Spot on...
I filled in set(m) for my wide and I didn't include any sponsor letter from myself, but I don't know if that necessary for your case. I believe in this that give HO only relevant documents that they have asked for, and don't include any extra documents. Everything else looks and fine and you are good to go, why not apply at PEO, it will be quick same day result, then you'll be able to apply some benefits as well...[/quote]

May I know why are my husband's photo's are required. Because only I am applying for my ILR and anyway I am submitting all his ID proof documents. Are they still required. And regarding the sponsor letter, with my previous experience when applying for my PBS dependent visa I had submitted the sponsor letter too. So I thought I should include this even for my ILR. May I even know the benefits if applied at PEO.

theprideofpak

Post by theprideofpak » Wed Jul 02, 2014 9:00 am

Hima02 wrote:Ok, I thought the 1st and last pages of the passport(my husband's) photocopy would do. Thanks a lot for this update. I am applying by post. Kindly let me know If any other important documents other than the above mentioned documents are required.

2. Marriage certificate
7. 2 photographs latest

Spot on...
I filled in set(m) for my wide and I didn't include any sponsor letter from myself, but I don't know if that necessary for your case. I believe in this that give HO only relevant documents that they have asked for, and don't include any extra documents. Everything else looks and fine and you are good to go, why not apply at PEO, it will be quick same day result, then you'll be able to apply some benefits as well...[/quote]

May I know why are my husband's photo's are required. Because only I am applying for my ILR and anyway I am submitting all his ID proof documents. Are they still required. And regarding the sponsor letter, with my previous experience when applying for my PBS dependent visa I had submitted the sponsor letter too. So I thought I should include this even for my ILR. May I even know the benefits if applied at PEO.[/quote]

Sorry my apologies, it was required for set m but not for set o, benefit to apply at PEO, you get the visa same day, but you'll have to pay extra £400.

Hima02
Newly Registered

Post by Hima02 » Wed Jul 02, 2014 9:18 am

Ok..Thank you for the clarifications.

Hima02
Newly Registered

Post by Hima02 » Sun Jul 06, 2014 12:34 pm

In Section 5- Your home and finances, 5.1 Is your home in UK: Privately rented by you applies to me, as both mine and my husband's name is written in the tenancy agreement.

5.2 Do you or your partner, or both pay any rent for your home: Yes

And 5.4 Does a relative or friend of you or your partner, or both of you, regularly give you money:

Should I give a yes to this question. If I give a yes, then how much do you receive each month...

How can I support this statement. As I do not regularly maintain any funds in my account and all the expenses are taken care by my husband. To support my expenses, I am submitting his bank statements, pay slips, employer letter.

And continuing is section 5.6 about income source, Interval received, Amount. In this section I suppose I should fill my husband's income details etc.

Could anyone please clarify my above queries.