ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

10 years long residence applications

Only for queries regarding Indefinite Leave to Remain (ILR). Please use the EU Settlement Scheme forum for queries about settled status under Appendix EU

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

nanda
Newly Registered

Re: 10 years long residence applications

Post by nanda » Tue Jul 01, 2014 8:58 pm

the guy wrote:Congratulation @nanda.
It is like today is a good day.
Kindly let us now the level of straightforwardness or complexity of your application please.
Thanks
Thank you guys

My case was straight forward 8 years on student and 2 years on psw.

Regards
Nanda.

bhamblues

Post by bhamblues » Tue Jul 01, 2014 9:00 pm

shahjee1234 wrote:
bhamblues wrote:Hi all,
Just spoke to my solicitor's receptionist( as my solicitor is away on a holiday) . She said I have received a package from HO. Upon my request to open the package, she said there is a general letter (dated 19th June) saying "Your application for ILR in the UK has been approved. You will be sent a BRP as a confirmation for your ILR in the UK" .Just wanna confirm if I take that as an approval? My solicitor is back at his office 2mrw and I would be going down to see him to collect my package & hopefully my BRP. :)
Thanks all
Hi bhamblues,
Congratulations to you, well done and well deserved. That is good to hear that Home Office acted compassionately in your case to allow absence of 240 days from the country. Great result. All the best.
Kind regards
Shahjee
Thanks Shahjee. Just received my BRP card from my solicitor. This forum is so good. Keep up the good work going.
Still awaiting my Mrs FLR (M). Will keep you posted.
Thanks all once again. Good Luck! :)
“Hope is a good thing. Maybe the best of things. And no good thing ever dies”

Sam7864u
Newly Registered

Post by Sam7864u » Wed Jul 02, 2014 1:21 am

Hi M Elahi
I think yr case seems like mine can u please explain it thanx
Sam

the guy wrote:Congratulations @M.ELAHI.
It seems yours took 4 months to be processed, which is really good.
Would you mind telling us about the level of straightforwardness or complexity of your application?
Thanks
M.ELAHI wrote:SALAM

I RECEIVED MY OUTCOME FOR ILR APPLICATION.
BY GRACE OF ALLAH IT HAS BEEN APPROVED
ONE THING I WOULD LIKE TO SHARE IS THAT I DID NOT WITHDRAW MY PENDING APPEAL TO DATE WHICH IS IN MID JULY AND WAS STILL ABLE TO GET MY ILR.

THANKS FOR ALL THE SUPPORT
APPLIED ON 27/02/14
APPROVED ON 30/06/14

the guy
Newly Registered

Post by the guy » Wed Jul 02, 2014 1:27 am

Thanks Nanda. Enjoy your freedom.

the guy
Newly Registered

Post by the guy » Wed Jul 02, 2014 1:29 am

Congratulations @bhamblues.
bhamblues wrote:
shahjee1234 wrote:
bhamblues wrote:Hi all,
Just spoke to my solicitor's receptionist( as my solicitor is away on a holiday) . She said I have received a package from HO. Upon my request to open the package, she said there is a general letter (dated 19th June) saying "Your application for ILR in the UK has been approved. You will be sent a BRP as a confirmation for your ILR in the UK" .Just wanna confirm if I take that as an approval? My solicitor is back at his office 2mrw and I would be going down to see him to collect my package & hopefully my BRP. :)
Thanks all
Hi bhamblues,
Congratulations to you, well done and well deserved. That is good to hear that Home Office acted compassionately in your case to allow absence of 240 days from the country. Great result. All the best.
Kind regards
Shahjee
Thanks Shahjee. Just received my BRP card from my solicitor. This forum is so good. Keep up the good work going.
Still awaiting my Mrs FLR (M). Will keep you posted.
Thanks all once again. Good Luck! :)

Pak_Asif
Newly Registered
Mood:
Pakistan

Post by Pak_Asif » Wed Jul 02, 2014 3:46 am

fielddrive wrote:
rwhizza wrote:Application sent 18/06
Bio metric Done 30/06
so far so good.. Hopefully Home office will go back to approval time of 12 weeks soon (As in Dec Jan Applications). InshaAllah.
I take it you used the 06/14 form. Did you get any email updates for your case so far if you provided an email address?
Hi,
I have been a silent reader of this very helpful forum, I just registered as a user and this is my first post,

I applied for SET(LR) on 04-06-14
Received acknowledgement on 10-06-14
Bio letter received & enrolled on 20-06-14

Every thing seems to be going well, until I came across the above quoted post, I realized that I have made a mistake, I downloaded the set (lr) application form before 4th June, the 04/2014 version. But there was a new version updated on HO website on 2nd June. So basically I have applied my set(lr) on the old version of the application form.
I am really confused now as there has been an other updated version now available on HO website which is July version of the form.
What would happen with my application? would it be sent back ?
I would really appreciate if the senior members can help me out on this one, what should be my way forward from here ?
Thank you for your help.
Asif

helostar
Newly Registered

Post by helostar » Wed Jul 02, 2014 4:59 am

hassan5805 wrote:
IShahzad wrote:Application sent. 30/03/2014
Acknowledgement received. 02/04/2014
Biometric invitation. 11/04/2014
Biometric sent. 11/04/2014
Decision. Pending

Shahzad
Welcome to the waiting club..

Regards
i got one question.....did u complete full 10 years by first entry to UK or u applied 28 days earlier to your qualifying peried???
many thanks
I request to all members, who got ILR on the basis of 10 years long residency ,,, please share whether they use 28 days early rule or not??

many thanks,,,,
helostar

helostar
Newly Registered

Post by helostar » Wed Jul 02, 2014 5:02 am

boyb82 wrote:
konprode wrote:Guys

First of all, thank you for this forum for all useful information.
I've got my document and BRP today.
My timeline:
Application Sent: 03/03/2014
Ackn letter: 12/03/2014
Bio letter: 18/03/2014
Biometrics enroll: 20/03/2014
Approve: 23/06/2014
Document: 25/06/2014
3.5 yrs student + 1 yr postgrad + 1 yr work permit + 3 yrs highly skill + 1.5yrs spouse

Secondly (important), I won't visit google spreadsheet ( as often as before; therefore, anyone would like to volunteer as an admin, please let me know either drop your email here or send me email/message via the spreadsheet (the later option is better as I will get notify). Basically this spreadsheet is freely shared to everyone - everyone can add, edit and also delete without log in google account. Meaning, sometimes someone makes a mess by playing with it. As an admin, you just have to tidy up or simply revert to the proper version. I will try to think the better solution to prevent some mess or if any suggestions are welcome.

Good luck to you all.

First of all Congratulation on visa and thank you very much for sharing all information..

Good Luck for future.

Many congratulations:)
did you apply 28 days of qualifying period of 10 year of your first entry??? or u applied after completion of full 10 years???
regards
helostar

helostar
Newly Registered

Post by helostar » Wed Jul 02, 2014 5:04 am

Sam7864u wrote:Hi M Elahi
I think yr case seems like mine can u please explain it thanx
Sam

the guy wrote:Congratulations @M.ELAHI.
It seems yours took 4 months to be processed, which is really good.
Would you mind telling us about the level of straightforwardness or complexity of your application?
Thanks
M.ELAHI wrote:SALAM

I RECEIVED MY OUTCOME FOR ILR APPLICATION.
BY GRACE OF ALLAH IT HAS BEEN APPROVED
ONE THING I WOULD LIKE TO SHARE IS THAT I DID NOT WITHDRAW MY PENDING APPEAL TO DATE WHICH IS IN MID JULY AND WAS STILL ABLE TO GET MY ILR.

THANKS FOR ALL THE SUPPORT
APPLIED ON 27/02/14
APPROVED ON 30/06/14
congrats:
did u apply 28 days early of your qualifying period of 10 years??????
please share it?
regards
helostar

helostar
Newly Registered

Post by helostar » Wed Jul 02, 2014 5:06 am

nanda wrote:
Kindly let us now the level of straightforwardness or complexity of your application please.
Thanks
Thank you guys

Regards
Nanda.

congrats:0
did you apply 28 days earlier of your first entry to UK????? or you completed the full 10 years starting from first entry to UK??
many thanks..
please share your experiences,,,,,,,,,,

regards
helostar

zeksy1

Post by zeksy1 » Wed Jul 02, 2014 5:53 am

Hi all
Today i have realized that i have send outdated application form.
I have used 04/14 set lr form and posted it on 10/06/14 while at that time 06/14 set lr version was out
Please can u tell me wat is going to happend. Really worried :-(
Set(lr) applied 10/06/14
Brp done on 26/06/14
Please senior members help
Kind regards

nanda
Newly Registered

Post by nanda » Wed Jul 02, 2014 9:13 am

helostar wrote:
nanda wrote:
Thanks
Thank you guys

Regards
Nanda.

congrats:0
did you apply 28 days earlier of your first entry to UK????? or you completed the full 10 years starting from first entry to UK??
many thanks..
please share your experiences,,,,,,,,,,

regards
helostar

Hello Helostar

Thank you for wishing.

No, my 10 years was about to complete on 14th march (from my first entry) and i applied on 3rd march. If you want you can apply 28 days earlier. I had plenty of vise left so i wasnt in a rush and I applied when my all documents were ready.
Hope this will help you out.

Regards
Nanda.

march_ilr

Post by march_ilr » Wed Jul 02, 2014 10:45 am

hi All;

Somebody has wrongly edited the google drive spreadsheet. As a result the content in the 'note' column is not representing the corresponding person. Please rectify it whoever done this.

regards;
march_ilr
Applied for FREEDOM on the 20th March

Umerjawad
Newly Registered

Post by Umerjawad » Wed Jul 02, 2014 10:50 am

Hi,
Thank you to Fiaz Pk,Shah Jee and all other members.sorry i couldnt reply sooner.i have got esol b1 booked this afternoon.wish me luck.i will update as soon i get my result or any news from ukba,please Dua for me.
kind regards
umerjawad

hassan5805
Member of Standing

Post by hassan5805 » Wed Jul 02, 2014 10:58 am

Umerjawad wrote:Hi,
Thank you to Fiaz Pk,Shah Jee and all other members.sorry i couldnt reply sooner.i have got esol b1 booked this afternoon.wish me luck.i will update as soon i get my result or any news from ukba,please Dua for me.
kind regards
umerjawad
Good Luck Bro and inshalla you will pass.

Regards

hassan5805
Member of Standing

Post by hassan5805 » Wed Jul 02, 2014 10:58 am

march_ilr wrote:hi All;

Somebody has wrongly edited the google drive spreadsheet. As a result the content in the 'note' column is not representing the corresponding person. Please rectify it whoever done this.

regards;
march_ilr
I don't know who done it.

Regards

the guy
Newly Registered

Post by the guy » Wed Jul 02, 2014 12:30 pm

Stop worrying @ Zeksy.
I did the same thing. After contacting the HO through a lawyer, they said there is a 21 days transitional period in which the two forms are all valid. I sent my application on 17/6/14 using the 04/14 set lr form and did my Biometrics on 30/6/14.
By the way, would you mind sharing how many times have you travelled out during the 10 years and how many days in total?.
Good luck to all of us.
zeksy1 wrote:Hi all
Today i have realized that i have send outdated application form.
I have used 04/14 set lr form and posted it on 10/06/14 while at that time 06/14 set lr version was out
Please can u tell me wat is going to happend. Really worried :-(
Set(lr) applied 10/06/14
Brp done on 26/06/14
Please senior members help
Kind regards

Shay14
Newly Registered

Post by Shay14 » Wed Jul 02, 2014 12:51 pm

Hi guys,

Im new on this forum and I would like to share my details as well.

Application Sent: 27/05/2014
Ackn letter: 29/05/2014
Bio letter: 11/06/2014
Biometrics enroll: 12/06/2014
Approval: Pending.

Thanks and Good luck All :)

ILR102014

Post by ILR102014 » Wed Jul 02, 2014 1:46 pm

Hi All,
I have been granted ILR on 10years basis.

I now need to apply a dependent visa for my wife...

Can anyone please tell me, if my wife has to take the A1 level english exam and if so then where are the test centres in india that she can go an give one...

I also have a question on - Do i have to have the house before applying the visa as I am currntly living in a single room as a paying guest.

Thanks

the guy
Newly Registered

Post by the guy » Wed Jul 02, 2014 1:50 pm

Congrats for getting your own.
can you tell us more about your application, your timelines and complexities please.
ILR102014 wrote:Hi All,
I have been granted ILR on 10years basis.

I now need to apply a dependent visa for my wife...

Can anyone please tell me, if my wife has to take the A1 level english exam and if so then where are the test centres in india that she can go an give one...

I also have a question on - Do i have to have the house before applying the visa as I am currntly living in a single room as a paying guest.

Thanks

fielddrive
United Kingdom

Post by fielddrive » Wed Jul 02, 2014 2:21 pm

Pak_Asif wrote:
fielddrive wrote:
rwhizza wrote:Application sent 18/06
Bio metric Done 30/06
so far so good.. Hopefully Home office will go back to approval time of 12 weeks soon (As in Dec Jan Applications). InshaAllah.
I take it you used the 06/14 form. Did you get any email updates for your case so far if you provided an email address?
Hi,
I have been a silent reader of this very helpful forum, I just registered as a user and this is my first post,

I applied for SET(LR) on 04-06-14
Received acknowledgement on 10-06-14
Bio letter received & enrolled on 20-06-14

Every thing seems to be going well, until I came across the above quoted post, I realized that I have made a mistake, I downloaded the set (lr) application form before 4th June, the 04/2014 version. But there was a new version updated on HO website on 2nd June. So basically I have applied my set(lr) on the old version of the application form.
I am really confused now as there has been an other updated version now available on HO website which is July version of the form.
What would happen with my application? would it be sent back ?
I would really appreciate if the senior members can help me out on this one, what should be my way forward from here ?
Thank you for your help.
Asif
You should def be ok. There are always the transitional arrangements and since they've called you for biometrics, I would go as far to say they've already accepted your application.

fielddrive
United Kingdom

Post by fielddrive » Wed Jul 02, 2014 2:25 pm

By the way, has anyone applied using the new form yet and received email updates from HO?

Seeker26
Newly Registered

Post by Seeker26 » Wed Jul 02, 2014 2:43 pm

How can we view google document? I viewed it once and it was very helpful to see other people timeline.
Thanks

Sam7864u
Newly Registered

Post by Sam7864u » Wed Jul 02, 2014 2:48 pm

kiwigirl25 wrote:
superstar wrote:Hi every one. I applied on 10/05/10, letter received on 11/05/10 from croydon saying that they have received my application and they will be passing to the caseworker,but one thing is making me worry that they havent taken money yet!

I applied on (Long residence 10 years lawful on student)
Hi superstar (love your user name)

They, UKBA, usually don't send the acknowledgement letter unless they've debited the money. Give it another couple of days to show on your account/statement. It could still be in the "system". If I remember correctly (it was a very long time ago now) my payment didn't come out of my account until 3 days after the acknowledgement letter.
[/quote]

Shahkakaram

Post by Shahkakaram » Wed Jul 02, 2014 2:58 pm

fielddrive wrote:By the way, has anyone applied using the new form yet and received email updates from HO?

Hello every one ,

i have also noticed this day before yesterday about the june version of SET(LR) application form its says " this application form is to be used on or after 02/06/2014 ..

Unfortunately , i have also applied on the previous version because every buddy is actually pre planned for any thing so am i , was preparing every thing a week before and download the SET(LR) application form on 1st june 2014 and submitted an application on 2nd june 2014 with out checking the updated version of SET(LR) on their website on 2nd june 2014 morning , as per as their website they have uploaded the form at 12:15am on 2nd june 2014 .

Although according to my time line payments has been processed and so as bi metric is also register so according to it this should be okay with HO , i called HO yesterday and asked them about it , they said if there will be any issue they will write you but your fees and bi metric is done so it should be okay ...when i asked me shall i send you an updated form now , he said no not needed now ....but although these are the words of the man on the phone , i clicked that he must not have definite answer for this issue .

another member from this forum also advised me on this issue that Case worker can see you applied on the 2nd of June, hence classic case of common sense discretion will apply, and there will be no issue....

i have also compare both forms , 04/2014 version and 06/2014 there is not much difference in it , the only difference is B17 AND B18 where they are asking for an email address to get and update of the status of an application and in previous version there was also a question of email address but in old version they never specifically mentioned for what reason they need it and they didn't ask to re write the email address again , where as in 06/2014 version they asked it twice ...thats it nothing else ...

and now the HO has uploaded another version in July 2014 07/2014 version in which they are asking one more question in Part D , about the ties with another countries .....

Is there any member in this forum who applied on or after 2nd june 2014 used the previous version ( 04/2014) of SET (LR)? please share their experience here .....

as far as 06/2014 is concern HO should have to consider the transitional time , or let see how its effect ,

Need some input from MUSTANSIR , NAD And others who applied in june 2014 .........

THANKS

SHAH