ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Desperate for response

Only for queries regarding Indefinite Leave to Remain (ILR). Please use the EU Settlement Scheme forum for queries about settled status under Appendix EU

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

shaktiman

Desperate for response

Post by shaktiman » Wed Jul 02, 2014 10:52 pm

Hello Boss
I hope you are alright.

I need your urgent help regarding one of the matters which is very important and urgent as I am going to apply for ILR very soon.

I am currently on Tier 1 General and my Tier 1 was issued on 17 Aug 2009, when I applied for initial Tier 1, I showed my masters degree and all my qualification details were on the points based calculator(also my English requirements were fulfilled because of my degree)
My qualification is M.Sc. , Maharashtra, India.
My question is: Do I need to show my English language requirements now for ILR? Do I have to go through NARIC route for anything? Please let know ASAP.

My second and last question: my wife who is living(came from India 4 years ago) with me in UK from last 4 years is also going to apply for ILR with me. She had her qualification from Guru Nanak Dev University, Punjab, India. She also did masters(M.Sc. Physics). Luckily her qualifications are also in points based calculator. Also point based calculator is giving her points for degree taught in English(same as me). Can you please advise if she has to provide any details for her English Language requirement through NARIC? Any comparability or English Language Assessment from NARIC?

Please provide me the responses ASAP as I am going to apply very soon and I don't want to loose nearly £3k just because of some sort of missing document.

I thank you very much in advance for your help!

Kind Regards,
Shaktiman

shaktiman

Re: Desperate for response

Post by shaktiman » Wed Jul 02, 2014 11:04 pm

Please advise Amber sir... Really need help!!

longshift
United Kingdom

Post by longshift » Wed Jul 02, 2014 11:33 pm

shaktiman wrote:My question is: Do I need to show my English language requirements now for ILR? Do I have to go through NARIC route for anything? Please let know ASAP.
Since your degree has already proven english language requirements in your past application, all you need to do is print a point base caluclator sheet and submit it togather with your documents. You donot need to include the original degree certificate in your ILR but it is advisable that you mention that you are using the same degree to prove your english language requirements.
shaktiman wrote:My second and last question: my wife who is living(came from India 4 years ago) with me in UK from last 4 years is also going to apply for ILR with me. She had her qualification from Guru Nanak Dev University, Punjab, India. She also did masters(M.Sc. Physics). Luckily her qualifications are also in points based calculator. Also point based calculator is giving her points for degree taught in English(same as me). Can you please advise if she has to provide any details for her English Language requirement through NARIC? Any comparability or English Language Assessment from NARIC?
No Naric required. Just get a printout of point base calculator for her degree. If the degree awards 10 points than its valid proof. When using points base calculator for your wife, go through tier 2 route as its easier. All they want to see is the page where the degree awards 10 points. Hope this helps.

Yash001

Post by Yash001 » Thu Jul 03, 2014 8:43 am

Very right advice provided by longshift .. You can find the same on UKBA website...

shaktiman

Post by shaktiman » Thu Jul 03, 2014 10:31 am

Very thankful to Longshift for his/her valuable advise. I couldn't find this on UKBA website though!!

Thanks
Shaktiman

-----------------------------
Yeh avtar nahin hai yeh insaan hai!!!

Astrophy
Newly Registered

Post by Astrophy » Thu Jul 03, 2014 11:12 am

Hi Longshift

I have got the same question but I am little confused with the statement on Points based Calculator.

In the English Language Section, there are four options given as below and we have to choose one out of it.

How would you like to claim points for English language skills?
I am a national from a majority English speaking country

I have a qualification comparable to a UK Bachelor degree that was taught in English

I have passed an approved English language test

I have already proven my English language skills in a previous Tier 1 or HSMP application

I do not want to claim points for English language skills (your application will be refused, unless your assessment refers to a settlement application - see Help below)

So to Claim points for English, We have to choose option 2 which is “I have a qualification comparable to a UK Bachelor degree that was taught in English.”

How are we proving that the selected degree is comparable to a UK Bachelor degree if we don’t have statement of comparability from NARIC??[/b]

Please help!!!!

Many Thanks

Astrophy
Newly Registered

Post by Astrophy » Thu Jul 03, 2014 1:36 pm

Can someone please help????????????????

Astrophy
Newly Registered

Post by Astrophy » Thu Jul 03, 2014 5:59 pm

Experts please reply as appointment within 2 weeks

longshift
United Kingdom

Post by longshift » Thu Jul 03, 2014 7:54 pm

Astrophy wrote:Hi Longshift

I have got the same question but I am little confused with the statement on Points based Calculator.

In the English Language Section, there are four options given as below and we have to choose one out of it.

How would you like to claim points for English language skills?
I am a national from a majority English speaking country

I have a qualification comparable to a UK Bachelor degree that was taught in English

I have passed an approved English language test

I have already proven my English language skills in a previous Tier 1 or HSMP application

I do not want to claim points for English language skills (your application will be refused, unless your assessment refers to a settlement application - see Help below)

So to Claim points for English, We have to choose option 2 which is “I have a qualification comparable to a UK Bachelor degree that was taught in English.”

How are we proving that the selected degree is comparable to a UK Bachelor degree if we don’t have statement of comparability from NARIC??[/b]

Please help!!!!

Many Thanks

Read The following Thread... Especially, the response of case worker in the first post.... This will clear your doubts....

http://www.immigrationboards.com/indefi ... 49949.html