ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Has anyone succeeded in a 2nd review for HSMP initial approv

Archived UK Tier 1 (General) points system forum. This route no longer exists.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

ikon1400

Has anyone succeeded in a 2nd review for HSMP initial approv

Post by ikon1400 » Fri Aug 03, 2007 11:28 am

Guys,

My friend who got his initial HSMP rejected and subsequently his review is also turned down.

now then he conversed with the caseworker and CW asked him to apply for another review with the facts that he shared wit the CW.

My friend had faxed his 2nd review on Aug 01 , today he called up the cusomter care and found that the review is not yet assigned to any CW.

I have couple of doubts here..

1) Is it worth to wait for ths 2nd review since the rules clearly mention that only one review is allowed.
2) will the HO do a fair review or they just ignore it.
3) since my friend had addressed sayin this review is made as per the CW suggestion, wil they consider it.

I feel that since its 2 days after the review is with the HO they would have rejcted if they don want to consider .Since they say they heavent allocated it yet .i feel they might consider the review.? :roll:

God shd save my friend.poor chap is not takin my words as i said him to look for some other options as well.

Cheers
Ikon

kck9
BANNED

Post by kck9 » Mon Aug 06, 2007 10:21 am

As far as my knowledge, we cant apply for a 2nd review.... but if we are not happy with the decision we can make a complaint. thats what i have been told when we made an enquiry about my cousins application.........

Dont know how the case worker asked to send for the 2nd review, knowing the fact that the new rules will allow only for 1 review.......

check this link for some discussion happened regarding complaints

http://www.immigrationboards.com/viewtopic.php?t=16928

We know that his complaint has been assigned to case worker. Still we are waiting for the decision.

keep us updated......

Cheers

waheed
Mood:
United Kingdom

Post by waheed » Mon Aug 06, 2007 10:57 am

Dera kck9 u can apply for the second review.

Dear ikon1400

I have applied for the second review, literally it was time barred (ie after
the 28 days time restriction) and they have appproved my HSMP application under old rules in the second review

HO was quite sympathetic considering my application.

Me now preparing to apply for EC.in this month.

Regards

Waheed

kck9
BANNED

Post by kck9 » Mon Aug 06, 2007 11:41 am

Waheed,

Thnx for your reply..... i think your case is bit different.........i have seen you post sometime ago.........

I think you made your initial application with old rules....during that time they where accepting 2 reviews. Now they have changed the rules and they are just accepting one review per application...........

Regarding the time barred period (after 28 days) you are quite fortunate to get it done mate.......

thnx for your reply by the way.......atleast it can give us some spirits that case workers are kind hearted persons (sometimes atleast :roll: ) :?: :?:

Cheers

ikon1400

Post by ikon1400 » Mon Aug 06, 2007 12:56 pm

hi kck9/Waheed,

Thanks to you both for caring this thread.

let me add to the discusion

--today my friend had called up(i was with hi) the HO and found that they cannot accept the secoind review.
-- He literally argued with the customer care to connect to Case worker who asked him to send a 2nd review.
---first luck for him was he was able to speak to the CW who refused his first review and still the CW said he cant take the 2nd review and asked my friend to file a complaint if he wants
--Still my friend was so stubborn saying he wont apply complaint as its infinite waiting & he requested the CW to do a review.
--The CW said he will check the manager putting him in hold
--After tat the CW again said he cannot do review another time.
--my friend asked the CW to conect to the manager in this case since hes still not happy.
--the CW luckily agreed to conect to the manager and my friend again got to narrate the hsitory of the case.
--manager again told you issue a complaint and lets work on it if required.
---my friend again claimed tat he need not want to do a complaint as he was so confident about his case

After all this the manager has asked him to send in writing the facts that he feels are correct bout his case..the manager has given the direct fax number too.

I feel this is the first sucess for him.

He has prepared his review by now and will be sending a fax today.

Wil post you guys about the progess wit him. Hope his case might be a real turnaround for so many refused cases with lame reasons.

Cheers
ikon

kck9
BANNED

Post by kck9 » Mon Aug 06, 2007 3:54 pm

Thnx for your update. Thats what even my cousin have been told that they cant accept it for 2nd review and thus we made a complaint.

It is nearly a month... we were told that the application has been assigned to the case worker....(dont know whether there is some different CW's for complaint team).

Ikon, can you tell me who said it is going to take ages for complaints......whenever my cousin calls, they r telling that it generally take maximum of 20days once it has been assigned to case worker etc.....so not sure how it works.

Also if possible (if you dont mind me asking) can you send personal message to me the direct fax number of the manager, so that we can fax one more letter to them to move up the case a bit.

Thank you

pantaiema
Diamond Member

Post by pantaiema » Mon Aug 06, 2007 8:11 pm

The following is the procedure if you need to raise complaint. SO make sure that You have the point to raise complaints.
-Is it becasue you have been treated unfairly, or whatever ?
What to do if you wish to make a complaint
If you are unhappy with the standard of
service you have received and you wish to make a
complaint, please contact us at:
Complaints and Compensation Team
Work Permits (UK)
Managed Migration Directorate
PO Box 3468
Sheffield
S3 8WA
Email:
wpuk.complaints@ind.homeoffice.gsi.gov.uk
Fax: 0114 2076368
Please be aware that you will be advised to
send all complaints in writing. If your complaint is
about the general procedures for applying under
the Highly Skilled Migrant Programme we will
reply within 20 working days of receiving your
letter.
If your complaint is about the behaviour,
attitude or general conduct of a member of our
staff we will reply within 12 weeks of receipt of
your complaint, to allow time for an investigation.
If it is not possible to give you a full reply
within these timescales, for example because a
detailed investigation is needed, we will provide
you with an interim reply. This will tell you how
we are dealing with your complaint and when you
can expect a full reply. The full reply will include
details of who to contact next if you believe that
your complaint has not been dealt with properly.
This will normally be an appropriate senior official.
Pantaiema

kck9
BANNED

Post by kck9 » Fri Aug 10, 2007 1:59 pm

Hi guys,

Today my cousin called HSMP team (it is becoming as his daily routine anyway) to chase up his complaint.

For the first time they tried to enquire about the case by keeping him on hold. They didnt pass the call to Complaint team. But the lady who spoke said that Complaint team person whoever is dealing with the application assured that they are going to speak to the manger and reply with a decision and she said we can expect the letter sometime next week.

Fingers crossed.

keep updating guys. 'Ikon' what is happening with your friend?????

Wish him luck.

Thank you

ikon1400

Post by ikon1400 » Fri Aug 10, 2007 5:23 pm

Hi Kck9,

Very much similar is my friends case to you cousins. Also i can see like both the cases are with manager who are quite slow in response unlike the CW's who are fast & hasty(never accurate in wat so ever)

Last week my friend had called up exactly 9 AM every day(BST) and enquired about his case, he was told by the customer care tat the fax is received by manager and shes lookin in to it .When he called them the next day they said the manager wil get back to you in any form(email/fone) if any decision is arrived. So hes waiting patiently,also saving his fone bill :P

Lets see dude...whos case is gona rock or bomb :idea:

cheers
ikon

pantaiema
Diamond Member

Post by pantaiema » Fri Aug 10, 2007 7:33 pm

This is true review is only allowed once
kck9 wrote:Waheed,

Thnx for your reply..... i think your case is bit different.........i have seen you post sometime ago.........

I think you made your initial application with old rules....during that time they where accepting 2 reviews. Now they have changed the rules and they are just accepting one review per application...........

Regarding the time barred period (after 28 days) you are quite fortunate to get it done mate.......

thnx for your reply by the way.......atleast it can give us some spirits that case workers are kind hearted persons (sometimes atleast :roll: ) :?: :?:

Cheers
Pantaiema

kck9
BANNED

Post by kck9 » Mon Aug 13, 2007 11:59 am

ikon1400 wrote:Hi Kck9,

Very much similar is my friends case to you cousins. Also i can see like both the cases are with manager who are quite slow in response unlike the CW's who are fast & hasty(never accurate in wat so ever)

Last week my friend had called up exactly 9 AM every day(BST) and enquired about his case, he was told by the customer care tat the fax is received by manager and shes lookin in to it .When he called them the next day they said the manager wil get back to you in any form(email/fone) if any decision is arrived. So hes waiting patiently,also saving his fone bill :P

Lets see dude...whos case is gona rock or bomb :idea:

cheers
ikon
This can be a successfull thread as it will be a miracle for everyone if any of our guys get through this stage. This is just because we haven't seen any cases succeeded or no one dare to question the decision made by the case worker after the 1st review. :shock: :shock: :shock:

ikon1400

Post by ikon1400 » Tue Aug 14, 2007 7:23 am

Hi Kck9,

you are right, sday my friend had called 3 times to the HO and cudnt get conected to them, seems some prob in the cutomer care?

As you said we will wait for this decision and i woud urge everyone who are confident abt their case can gp to any extent to get the right decision.

Cheers
ikon

ikon1400

Post by ikon1400 » Wed Aug 22, 2007 12:27 pm

@KCK9,

Any updates on your cousins case? Has the complaint been resolved?

My friends case is still under consideration with the CW & seems it might take little long to get the decision.

wats up in ur end?

Cheers
ikon

kck9
BANNED

Post by kck9 » Wed Aug 22, 2007 1:15 pm

Same here Ikon....still waiting for the decision

ikon1400

Post by ikon1400 » Wed Aug 22, 2007 1:57 pm

@kck9,

:roll: :oops: :?: :idea: - no words :)

Cheers
ikon

purplepple

Post by purplepple » Thu Aug 23, 2007 8:49 am

Just curious.

What were the reasons for the refusal?

kck9
BANNED

Post by kck9 » Thu Aug 23, 2007 9:13 am

purplepple wrote:Just curious.

What were the reasons for the refusal?
Hi purplepple,

go thru the link my friend..........this is the case of my cousins issue.......its a long story..........

In short, he lived and worked in 2 different countries (UK n India). They have to consider to prorate UK earnings as he spent long time in UK. But unfortunately they refused to do that think we haven't provided appropriate form of evidence for INDIA EARNINGS......complete issue is in the link.........we are fighting back by making a complaint..........

kck9
BANNED

Post by kck9 » Wed Aug 29, 2007 12:25 pm

Ikon check this link.......my cousin got approval..........