ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

About CEFR B1 ESOL!

A section for posts relating to applications for Naturalisation or Registration as a British Citizen. Naturalisation

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

shuttlespy

About CEFR B1 ESOL!

Post by shuttlespy » Thu Jul 03, 2014 4:51 pm

Hello everyone,

My wife did her ESOL CEFR B1 test through EMD Qualifications in Speaking and Hearing and she passed.

Today we got a call from the college saying that Home Office wants the ESOL CEFR B1 certificate in Writing and Reading as well and hence she needs to give another exam for this purpose.

My question - Can the Hearing and Speaking Certificate be enough for Naturalisation purpose? Or does she need to give additional test in reading and writing?

thanks
So many things to achieve and so little time....

WR1

Re: About CEFR B1 ESOL!

Post by WR1 » Thu Jul 03, 2014 7:59 pm

The college is wrong.

You only need to pass the speaking and listening elements for both Settlement and Naturalisation purposes.
I am not an immigration adviser
Any views expressed are my own opinion and should not be considered as legal advice
No liability is accepted for the content and for the consequences of any actions taken on the basis of the information provided