ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

English Language Requirement

Only for queries regarding Indefinite Leave to Remain (ILR). Please use the EU Settlement Scheme forum for queries about settled status under Appendix EU

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

haidarbaker
Newly Registered

English Language Requirement

Post by haidarbaker » Thu Jul 03, 2014 7:39 pm

Hello,

My wife is applying for an extension on FLR(M) in Dec 2014 (married to British Citizen), I wonder if someone can tell me please what the requirements for language and knowledge. I should mention that she has 5.5 in IELTS ( International English Language Testing System) from Manchester.

1-Does this help at all?
2-Does she need passing life in the UK test?

Many Thanks

WR1

Re: English Language Requirement

Post by WR1 » Thu Jul 03, 2014 7:48 pm

For FLR(M), you need English language at Level A1. The score achieved in IELTS far exceeds this so is acceptable (Just ensure that both the speaking and listening elements are score 4.0 or above)

No need for Life in the UK test.
I am not an immigration adviser
Any views expressed are my own opinion and should not be considered as legal advice
No liability is accepted for the content and for the consequences of any actions taken on the basis of the information provided

haidarbaker
Newly Registered

Re: English Language Requirement

Post by haidarbaker » Sat Jul 05, 2014 11:12 am

Thank you very much for the information, the wife will be more than happy not take the life in the UK test.

Yes the least score is 5 (I can't remember which one),
Would kindly direct me to any formal documents explaining that (Website)?

This forum has always been a big help, Thanks again