ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

T1(G) Extension - strange situation

Archived UK Tier 1 (General) points system forum. This route no longer exists.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

sharpattack
Newly Registered

T1(G) Extension - strange situation

Post by sharpattack » Mon Jun 02, 2014 11:02 am

Hello, I have an interesting situation...

First applied for Tier 1 General :
11/2008 (3 years)

Extended for two years:
11/2011 ( 2 years)

I then took a job in Australia for 16 months (11/2011 - 04/2013)

Extended for three years again under T1(G):
11/2013 ( 3 years)

SO.. my continuous leave was broken, I accept that. That means that my qualifying period for continous leave is:
04/2013 - 04/2018

BUT, with extensions being stopped from 04/2015 - am I able to get further three year extension?? If so, I will just make it to 2018, where I can then apply for ILR. That would be apply well in advance of when my current leave expires. But if they will give me a further 3 years then it will be okay. I will post my application in next March.

My other option is to switch to spouse visa ( I am married to british citizen), but that would start my 5 year period again, which I don't want to do.

Please help if you can advise on what the policy is. I think everyone applying next April should get extended for further three years.

Ryan

haiksuresh
Member of Standing

Re: T1(G) Extension - strange situation

Post by haiksuresh » Mon Jun 02, 2014 1:48 pm

sharpattack wrote:Hello, I have an interesting situation...

11/2008 (3 years)

Extended for two years:
11/2011 ( 2 years)

11/2013 ( 3 years)

SO.. my continuous leave was broken, I accept that. That means that my qualifying period for continous leave is:
04/2013 - 04/2018

BUT, with extensions being stopped from 04/2015 - am I able to get further three year extension?? If so, I will just make it to 2018, where I can then apply for ILR. That would be apply well in advance of when my current leave expires. But if they will give me a further 3 years then it will be okay. I will post my application in next March.

My other option is to switch to spouse visa ( I am married to british citizen), but that would start my 5 year period again, which I don't want to do.

Please help if you can advise on what the policy is. I think everyone applying next April should get extended for further three years.

Ryan
yes you are correct. next extension will be 3 years. But apply via postal and mention covering letter saying 245(b) rule and ask them to give extension for 3 years. then it should be fine for you.

Regards,
suresh

sharpattack
Newly Registered

Post by sharpattack » Mon Jun 02, 2014 2:04 pm

sensational! Thanks Suresh, great help, I will enquire about what a 245(b) rule is.. I had never heard of that. Makes sense to have a rule like that, as a 2 year extension would be no good for me at all.

fusion2014

Post by fusion2014 » Thu Jun 05, 2014 7:28 pm

haiksuresh wrote:
sharpattack wrote:Hello, I have an interesting situation...

11/2008 (3 years)

Extended for two years:
11/2011 ( 2 years)

11/2013 ( 3 years)

04/2013 - 04/2018

Ryan
yes you are correct. next extension will be 3 years. But apply via postal and mention covering letter saying 245(b) rule and ask them to give extension for 3 years. then it should be fine for you.

Regards,
suresh
Do you mean rule 245CB ?

It says as follows
-----------------
245CB. Period and conditions of grant

(a) Leave to remain will be granted for a period of 2 years, to an applicant who has, or was
last granted, leave as a Tier 1 (General) Migrant under the Rules in place before 6 April

(b) in all other in all other cases, leave to remain will be granted for a period of 3 years.
---------
How Could the 3 years extension possible with this applicant who falls under rules of before apr-2010?

bond.boy203

Post by bond.boy203 » Fri Jun 06, 2014 9:26 am

a) Leave to remain will be granted for a period of 2 years, to an applicant who has, or was
last granted, leave as a Tier 1 (General) Migrant under the Rules in place before 6 April

The key here is last granted, so his last granted was post 2010 and there has been number of instances in this forum where people have got 3+2+3. Just do random search and you will find it.

O_Relly

Post by O_Relly » Sun Jun 08, 2014 4:47 am

bond.boy203 wrote:a) Leave to remain will be granted for a period of 2 years, to an applicant who has, or was

The key here is last granted, so his last granted was post 2010 and there has been number of instances in this forum where people have got 3+2+3. Just do random search and you will find it.
This text is the most unclear amongst all other ukba / ukvi documentation I have come across.

It can also be interpreted as the last granted (although post April 2010) was based on the rules in place prior to April 2010.

That said, clearly the inference is the former as many folks in the forums experience has been, and as has been mine as well, went for 2nd extension last Tuesday and got it for 3 yrs.
Cheers,
OR

haiksuresh
Member of Standing

Post by haiksuresh » Sun Jun 08, 2014 6:59 pm

For my case 2nd extension they gave me 2 years, And then i wrote a letter to caseworker saying about this rule. Then they corrected my duration sent a new BRP.

sorento
Newly Registered
United Kingdom

Post by sorento » Fri Jul 04, 2014 12:03 am

haiksuresh wrote:For my case 2nd extension they gave me 2 years, And then i wrote a letter to caseworker saying about this rule. Then they corrected my duration sent a new BRP.
Are you granted a 3 year visa on your second extension where rules before 6 April 2010 were applied? How did you explain to the case worker? I am in very similar case to require a 3 year on 2nd extension to meet 5 consecutive years requirement.

T1 G: May 2010-May 2013 Rules before 6 Apr 2010 were applied
First extension: May 2013-May 2015
3+2
Time outside UK over 180 days.
ILR five year time counted: Feb 2013-Feb 2018

Second extension for 3 years required otherwise shortfall. 3+2+3

Shazzy001
Newly Registered

Post by Shazzy001 » Wed Jul 09, 2014 1:32 pm

I am wondering if someone can help me. I applied tier1 extension last year in May that was refused as my solicitor did not send the bank statements as 2nd proof with payslips. I went into appeal but lost and exhaust the appeal. I re-applied with in 28 days and provided p60, income statement and letter from HMRC confirming my income and tax for last year. Home office refused my visa again saying P60 and income statement from employer are the same source. Whereas they did not consider or mentioned HMRC letter at all. I am shattered really as i have no right of appeal. My question is if letter of HMRC and p60 or income statement from employer are not different sources? And what is my options now?