ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Is it ok to set up a hotel/guest house on Entrepreneur visa?

Only for UK Tier 1 (Entrepreneur) points system. This route is now closed to new applicants.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

Mensur

Is it ok to set up a hotel/guest house on Entrepreneur visa?

Post by Mensur » Tue Jul 01, 2014 10:11 pm

I have over £200,000 and I was wondering if it is allowed to start a hotel or guest house in the UK under the Entrepreneur visa route? I would not be living in the hotel or guest house as I already have a house in the UK and I would be living in it. But is it ok to start a hotel business or guest house under the Entrepreneur visa route? Answers would be much appreciated.

cpmlkhan
Member of Standing

Re: Is it ok to set up a hotel/guest house on Entrepreneur v

Post by cpmlkhan » Tue Jul 01, 2014 11:50 pm

Mensur wrote:I have over £200,000 and I was wondering if it is allowed to start a hotel or guest house in the UK under the Entrepreneur visa route? I would not be living in the hotel or guest house as I already have a house in the UK and I would be living in it. But is it ok to start a hotel business or guest house under the Entrepreneur visa route? Answers would be much appreciated.
Well, If you are applying with in the UK then you need to make sure that you are eligible. Anyways its not a very good Idea.

Mensur

Post by Mensur » Wed Jul 02, 2014 12:12 am

I will be applying from outside the UK. You say it's not a good idea, does that mean it is not allowed? If it is allowed and I have all the necessary funds and ideas about my hotel, why would it not be a good idea? Please elaborate, it's either allowed or not.

Frontier Mole
Respected Guru
European Union

Post by Frontier Mole » Wed Jul 02, 2014 7:41 am

The type of business you plan to set up is irrelevant in the grand scheme of things. The main visa requirements revolve around.:
Is the role you will have in the business at a job level of NQF 6 or above.
Do you have the funds.and can you demonstrate how you can to have these funds.
Are you in a position to operate the proposed business - do you have an appropriate qualifacatio and / or experience in that business field.

Those are the main barriers.

Looking at a B&B - I think you may struggle with a role that meers NQF6

Hotel may be better but if it does not have reasonable number of staff you may find it questioned as to the role you will have meeting the requirements.

Mensur

Post by Mensur » Wed Jul 02, 2014 11:25 am

Thanks for the response Frontier Mole. However, if I decided to start say a 10 bedroom hotel and employed 2 other staff members full time as well as myself, would that be sufficient to meet the criteria or would you recommend employing more staff?

entrepreneur123

Post by entrepreneur123 » Wed Jul 02, 2014 12:07 pm

you are mixing 200k and 50k category. Under 200k you can do any business.

Frontier Mole wrote:The type of business you plan to set up is irrelevant in the grand scheme of things. The main visa requirements revolve around.:
Is the role you will have in the business at a job level of NQF 6 or above.
Do you have the funds.and can you demonstrate how you can to have these funds.
Are you in a position to operate the proposed business - do you have an appropriate qualifacatio and / or experience in that business field.

Those are the main barriers.

Looking at a B&B - I think you may struggle with a role that meers NQF6

Hotel may be better but if it does not have reasonable number of staff you may find it questioned as to the role you will have meeting the requirements.

Mrchaany

Post by Mrchaany » Wed Jul 02, 2014 1:01 pm

Please think w

Mrchaany

Post by Mrchaany » Wed Jul 02, 2014 1:04 pm

Please think twice before any reply
And don't confused any one idea if you have doubt
Thanks

cpmlkhan
Member of Standing

Post by cpmlkhan » Wed Jul 02, 2014 11:27 pm

Mensur wrote:I will be applying from outside the UK. You say it's not a good idea, does that mean it is not allowed? If it is allowed and I have all the necessary funds and ideas about my hotel, why would it not be a good idea? Please elaborate, it's either allowed or not.
Hi Mensur,

If you are applying from outside the UK then its allowed but you need to show your good experience in hotel management & strong business plan including market research. With having your own house in UK does not guaranty you a visa.

Mensur

Post by Mensur » Thu Jul 03, 2014 12:54 am

Hi cpmlkhan,

I have a good business plan, plenty of ideas for the hotel and I have a diploma in Hotel Management. However, this is the first time I will be running my own hotel. Should I be ok when applying for this visa? I mean I fulfil most of the requirements of having the £210,000 capital, I have £5,000 in my bank for my own personal living expenses for when I first start the business. I pass the English language requirement. Also my business plan is viable in my opinion, I anticipate my prospective Hotel to make a profit where I will be able to employ several staff members at the same time. There is evidence in my opinion to back this up. Please let me know your opinion on all the information I've just given you and what your opinion is and if I should be ok. Thanks.

samir01

Post by samir01 » Thu Jul 03, 2014 2:10 pm

Olasunkanmi
Diamond Member

Post by Olasunkanmi » Fri Jul 04, 2014 8:46 am

@ Mensur, as long as you have a very good and viable business plan with the qualification, then you should give it a trier. But the entrepreneur visa this days are not a guarantee even with the best of plan.
The key to success is knowledge and hardwork, and to have faith.

Olasunkanmi
Diamond Member

Post by Olasunkanmi » Fri Jul 04, 2014 8:47 am

@ Frontier Mole, it will be a good idea to confirm your information before replying as you might give a wrong impression.

The 50k route at graduate level you are referring to is not even NQF level 6 but NQF level 4 and above.
The key to success is knowledge and hardwork, and to have faith.

Frontier Mole
Respected Guru
European Union

Post by Frontier Mole » Fri Jul 04, 2014 9:12 am

Sorry about that - too focused on PSW to tier 2. - my applogies.

iuhhui
Newly Registered

Post by iuhhui » Tue Apr 28, 2015 6:24 pm

Hi Mensur, did you apply for the visa in the end with your hotel/guesthouse business plan? Would you mind sharing your experience? I am looking to do the same as you, although I don't have a diploma in hotel management. Thanks so much.

khandrakhan

Post by khandrakhan » Sat May 02, 2015 9:23 pm

I think certainly okay can be good business