ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Spousal Visa Application - Pakistan (Timeline Only)

Family member & Ancestry immigration; don't post other immigration categories, please!
Marriage | Unmarried Partners | Fiancé | Ancestry

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

abdulraheem123

Re: Spousal Visa Application - Pakistan (Timeline Only)

Post by abdulraheem123 » Fri Jul 04, 2014 12:26 am

and does anyone know if 2 copys of all the documents is a requirement or not?

musriz
Member of Standing

Post by musriz » Fri Jul 04, 2014 2:10 am

abdulraheem123 wrote:Congratulations musriz Mashallah. i am really happy for u, and thanks to all the help with my application
Jazak'Allah brother.
Your welcome. Pleasure to help :)
Applied 17th Jan 2014
VAC Mirpur
Category A (Husband)
Called for Interview 3rd July 2014
ALHAMDHULILLAH VISA GRANTED SAME DAY
Total 117 working days

musriz
Member of Standing

Post by musriz » Fri Jul 04, 2014 3:32 am

abdulraheem123 wrote:and does anyone know if 2 copys of all the documents is a requirement or not?
One additional set of copies are the requirement to submit with your original documents.
Please keep a set of copies for your own record too.
Applied 17th Jan 2014
VAC Mirpur
Category A (Husband)
Total 117 working days

abdulraheem123

Post by abdulraheem123 » Fri Jul 04, 2014 4:08 am

thanks

What about submitting the application at the centre, if i put treasury tags in all my paperwork to keep it all together,

do you know if gerry will remove these and put all the documents in there own order and there own folder??

the_silk_route

Post by the_silk_route » Fri Jul 04, 2014 8:24 am

It is usually best to provide everything loosely but in order.

They will check over the documents to make sure everything is present, and will most likely put it in their own order.
I sent the file from the UK in nicely layed out A4 display folders, but they ended up being a waste of time and money as it wasn't used.

Just make sure you have everything with you on the day, photocopies of everything, and the rest is down to the Gerry's staff.

AHMED.46001

Post by AHMED.46001 » Fri Jul 04, 2014 8:35 am

musriz wrote:ALHAMDHULILLAH VISA GRANTED

APPLIED 17/01/14
VAC MIRPUR
CATEGORY A
INTERVIEW 03/07/14
VISA GRANTED SAME DAY AS INTERVIEW.

Hubby said the interview lasted 2-3 mins.
The interviewer was an english man. He asked my hubby his Name D.O.B and City where he lives in English.

Then he asked where did you take your English Test.
Hubby replied, ' I took my english test with NTS National Testing Service'.
Where did you do your english course. Hubby replied, ' I didnt need to take any course as I am a graduate and fluent in English, I just booked the test via NTS'.
Did anybody help you with your english test. Replied, ' No I didnt need any help'.
The english smiled and put his thumbs up and said ' well done '.
What is your wifes name.
Congratulations you have got your visa.
please wait while we get your passport ready.
After this hubby waited few hrs.

Ive only had a brief chat with my hubby so if there were any otger questions I will post them later.
The only thing they were really checking is the English Test Certificate.
Congrats musriz! May Allah bless you two with a happy married life.

I'm always praying for the rest of the ppl on this forum it can be very difficult at times.
WIFE SUBMITTED: 01/08/13 (ISL)
INTERVIEW: 13/05/14
RFC: 21/05/14
DATE REJECTED: 28/04/14 (hmm.. Makes sense)
APPEALED: 29/05/14
DEADLINE: 04/11/14
HEARING: 8/01/15
APPEAL GRANTED: 20/01/15

AHMED.46001

Post by AHMED.46001 » Fri Jul 04, 2014 9:06 am

Salaam all,

Spoke to the solicitor yesterday who said that the ECO has until november to to turn the decision around (received letter with ref no) otherwise we're looking at going to court early next year.

Has anyone had any experience of the decision being changed before court?

The evidence will be sent off next week but i'm really considering reapplying. The solicitor is pushing an appeal at the moment but i'm tempted to have a word with him about backing out. Is it easy to back out at this stage?
WIFE SUBMITTED: 01/08/13 (ISL)
INTERVIEW: 13/05/14
RFC: 21/05/14
DATE REJECTED: 28/04/14 (hmm.. Makes sense)
APPEALED: 29/05/14
DEADLINE: 04/11/14
HEARING: 8/01/15
APPEAL GRANTED: 20/01/15

phaara
Member of Standing

Post by phaara » Fri Jul 04, 2014 9:08 am

musriz my 2 week left to 24 weeks. Should wait to complete it or should email ukvi ?

Bcoz i think january ppl r in que now. Yesterdy i heard 5 more ppl who got visa directly after interview.
online app 29/1/2014
Biometric 31/1/2014
Forwarded to Isb OC on 3/2/2014
RFC 2/10/2014

woolies

Post by woolies » Fri Jul 04, 2014 10:09 am

phaara wrote:woolies i'm also from karachi i applied on 31.1.14
IA your wife wil get visa straight away after interviw tmorow
Can u tell pls When did your wife submitted application??
Hi phaara,

my Mrs applied on 18/dec/13 at gerrys karachi, we've been waiting for over 6 months and we were emailing them lazy people, and all we got is still in to dealt my entry clearance officer.

anyways, her interview went well (Alhamdolillah) if they have no issue on your documents and marriage then they will call in your other half for interview, as at the moment there is wide issue with toiec. apparently lot of us don't speak or write english and they score well in test. so they suspects that someone else had given test on their behalf.
Well on interview there were two guys (one desi, one gora) they didn't ask any single question which relates to me. all they are asking, where you took your test, time, fees paid, time taken on different section on your test. gora asked '' color of my shirt, whats time now, what do like in food, what your father does for living etc.
waiting for outcome now

hope it helps other

phaara
Member of Standing

Post by phaara » Fri Jul 04, 2014 10:15 am

Thank you woolies to explain. InshaALLAH u will get visa.. Make dua for all us too..
Woolie so u went gerry's karachi for interview or islamabad?
online app 29/1/2014
Biometric 31/1/2014
RFC 2/10/2014

abdulraheem123

Post by abdulraheem123 » Fri Jul 04, 2014 10:18 am

the_silk_route wrote:It is usually best to provide everything loosely but in order.

They will check over the documents to make sure everything is present, and will most likely put it in their own order.
I sent the file from the UK in nicely layed out A4 display folders, but they ended up being a waste of time and money as it wasn't used.

Just make sure you have everything with you on the day, photocopies of everything, and the rest is down to the Gerry's staff.
if i provide everything loosely i am scared that something may get dropped or left out.

has anyone on here tried those green treasury tags that go through the corner of the paper?
and does anyone know if it would be removed by them?

woolies

Post by woolies » Fri Jul 04, 2014 10:21 am

RZ Girl wrote:
musriz wrote:Sameena Akhtar, Shaggy000, Safikazmi12, Saf786, RZ Girl, AMRKHN, khawaja9 and phaara.
Thankyou all so much for your lovely dua's.
I just want to say you will all continue to be part of my dua's, each and everyone of you.

Phaara the interview was at the British High Commission in Islamabad.

My husband also told me there were 41 applicants in total. Out of these they asked 3-4 to go home. Rest were all granted visa's. He believes they were sent home bcoz they couldnt speak english.

He also believes that they are clearing their backlog as many ppl there had been waiting for well over 6 months. Over the coming few days I think many of you will be called In Shaa Allah.
It means they are conducting the interviews in BHC Islamabad only And not in the applications centres in other cities?
My Mrs had her skype interview at gerrys karachi office yesterday, Alhamdolillah it went well. so make sure you dont miss any call these days..good luck

woolies

Post by woolies » Fri Jul 04, 2014 10:28 am

phaara wrote:Thank you woolies to explain. InshaALLAH u will get visa.. Make dua for all us too..
Woolie so u went gerry's karachi for interview or islamabad?

Karachi gerrys, it was skype interview

Beena

Post by Beena » Fri Jul 04, 2014 10:40 am

AHMED.46001 wrote:Salaam all,

Spoke to the solicitor yesterday who said that the ECO has until november to to turn the decision around (received letter with ref no) otherwise we're looking at going to court early next year.

Has anyone had any experience of the decision being changed before court?

The evidence will be sent off next week but i'm really considering reapplying. The solicitor is pushing an appeal at the moment but i'm tempted to have a word with him about backing out. Is it easy to back out at this stage?
My cousin applied November last year, and was given a court date, but within a few weeks of them emailing her, they granted the visa Alhumdulillah , even though they gave a court date.. Anythings possible! InshaAllah Allah swt makes it easier for us all, ameen.
Appealed-29/09/15
Deadline-10/02/16
review unsuccesful
Hearing-30/11/16

Decision withdrawn before hearing

HOPO notice-17/11/16
Judge's notice-24/11/16
Call in letter/IHS paid-1/12/16
Pp submitted-9/12/16

Collected-15/12/16 Alhamdulillah

Shaggy000

Post by Shaggy000 » Fri Jul 04, 2014 10:46 am

Salam i want to share someting from u all...one of the agent tell my realatives that if u didnt got ans from ukba we have links inside we get reply within month but its charged...whats a silly fraud ??,just for money they playing with peoples ....if they do this than the ukba should b very samefull for this ...we are waiting outside from months and just for money they give reply thoes who giving money to them but in my opnion its just a fraud ..i cant believe on this ...May Alllah far us from these kind of peoples...and give us reply as soon as possible. I am feb applicant still waiting ..and In Sha Alllah soon it will b good news In Sha Alllah remember me in ir prayers and plz b aware from these corrupt peoply just believe on Alllah ..

tallojani

Post by tallojani » Fri Jul 04, 2014 11:05 am

HELLO786 wrote:Can sum1 tell me what is the quickest way to send documents to spouse in Pakistan?

fedex?
FLY

that is the only guaranteed secure way.
May Allah swt make it easy for us all

tallojani

Post by tallojani » Fri Jul 04, 2014 11:10 am

abdulraheem123 wrote:
the_silk_route wrote:It is usually best to provide everything loosely but in order.

if i provide everything loosely i am scared that something may get dropped or left out.

has anyone on here tried those green treasury tags that go through the corner of the paper?
and does anyone know if it would be removed by them?
Brother stop worrying, I sent my documents with treasury tags. Gerrys no doubt will take the tags out to put your paperwork in their own order but you mrs could request him/her to put the treasury tags back on. They might do it or don't.
May Allah swt make it easy for us all

musriz
Member of Standing

Post by musriz » Fri Jul 04, 2014 11:41 am

phaara wrote:musriz my 2 week left to 24 weeks. Should wait to complete it or should email ukvi ?

Bcoz i think january ppl r in que now. Yesterdy i heard 5 more ppl who got visa directly after interview.
Phaara you dont have long left now. Email UKVI once at the end of every working week to get an update on your application.
You will have to be patient until you have completed your 24 weeks and then have your case escalated.
But you never know they may even call you before then as they are clearing their backlog.
Keep making plenty of dua sister and I will make dua for you too.
Applied 17th Jan 2014
VAC Mirpur
Category A (Husband)
Total 117 working days

musriz
Member of Standing

Post by musriz » Fri Jul 04, 2014 11:47 am

AHMED 46001 - Ameen & Jazak'Allah.

In many cases HO have withdrawn from any court hearing. From what I have read on various forums they normally do this very close to the court date. Court dates these days are abt 6 months from time of appeal.
The question you need to ask yourself is do you really want to wait another 6 months ?
These days applications are being processed much faster so it may be a better option to re-apply providing you satisfy whatever grounds they refused you on.
Applied 17th Jan 2014
VAC Mirpur
Category A (Husband)
Total 117 working days

phaara
Member of Standing

Post by phaara » Fri Jul 04, 2014 12:48 pm

Thanx musriz for u advice n jazakALLAH for dua..
i think should not email ukvi and should wait for call/ escalate application.
What do you say sister??

Bcoz maybe they wil feel email annoying them so keep application aside lol
Just thats y i feel fear to email them.
online app 29/1/2014
Biometric 31/1/2014
RFC 2/10/2014

sami3

Post by sami3 » Fri Jul 04, 2014 1:07 pm

Salaam to all

I have been reading all comments from the last few days. My wife submitted application on 20th January 2014 but still got no reply.

I have an immigration background so will update you on some issues.

The cases are being delayed due to ETS test certificates and ofcourse income threshold. but if your case doesn't come under income threshold then unnecessary delay is definitely English Test.

I had a chance to meet David Ramsbottom (head of casework at Home Office). this is what he said " Although we have accepted all the applications submitted which used ETS. But this doesn't mean that they are going to get processed quickly. There is a backlog and we are scrutinising the applications in more details"

but hopefully if they think your application is genuine and they might invite you for an interview to verify few things. and InshAllah grant you visa.

Good Luck to all.

remember me in your prayers too :)

Happy Ramadan to all

HELLO786
Member of Standing

Post by HELLO786 » Fri Jul 04, 2014 2:20 pm

tallojani wrote:
HELLO786 wrote:Can sum1 tell me what is the quickest way to send documents to spouse in Pakistan?

fedex?
FLY

that is the only guaranteed secure way.

FLY? is that a company name cant seen to find it ?

Or do u mean fly as in send through someone lol
Applied online 15/9/15
Biometrics mirpur 17/9/15
Documents confirmation November

musriz
Member of Standing

Post by musriz » Fri Jul 04, 2014 2:22 pm

sami3 wrote:Salaam to all

I have been reading all comments from the last few days. My wife submitted application on 20th January 2014 but still got no reply.

I have an immigration background so will update you on some issues.

The cases are being delayed due to ETS test certificates and ofcourse income threshold. but if your case doesn't come under income threshold then unnecessary delay is definitely English Test.

I had a chance to meet David Ramsbottom (head of casework at Home Office). this is what he said " Although we have accepted all the applications submitted which used ETS. But this doesn't mean that they are going to get processed quickly. There is a backlog and we are scrutinising the applications in more details"

but hopefully if they think your application is genuine and they might invite you for an interview to verify few things. and InshAllah grant you visa.

Good Luck to all.

remember me in your prayers too :)

Happy Ramadan to all
Walaykum Asalam

Some very interesting information.
We applied on the 17th Jan 2014.
We were called for an interview yesterday. The interview lasted just a few mins and it was mainly just to check his spoken english. We were granted our visa right away.
However, our english test was taken through NTS and not ETS.
We clearly met the income threshold as I earn above 18,600.
Our application still took a long time even though we dont fall into any of the criteria you mentioned above, income threshold and ETS test.

Best of luck with your application, I pray you here some positive news very soon In Shaa Allah
Applied 17th Jan 2014
VAC Mirpur
Category A (Husband)
Total 117 working days

HELLO786
Member of Standing

Post by HELLO786 » Fri Jul 04, 2014 2:26 pm

musriz wrote:
sami3 wrote:Salaam to all

I have an immigration r case doesn't come under income threshold then unnecessary delay is definitely English Test.

I had a chance to meet David Ramsbottom (head of casework log and we are scrutinising the applications in more details"

but hopefully if they think

Walaykum Asalam

Some very interesting information.
We applied on the 17th Jan 2014.
We were called for an interview yesterday. The interview lasted just a few mins and it was mainly just to above 18,600.
Our application still took a long time even though we dont fall into any of the criteria you mentioned above, income threshold and ETS test.

Best of luck with your application, I pray you here some positive news very soon In Shaa Allah
Hey

What category did u apply under n how many month wage slips did u provide?

Thanks!
Applied online 15/9/15
Biometrics mirpur 17/9/15
Documents confirmation November

woolies

Post by woolies » Fri Jul 04, 2014 2:31 pm

Hi All,

Alhamdolillah, My other half just picked up her passport from gerrys karachi with her spouse visa on it. It took 6 months 16 days of total agony. but Alhamdolillah it paid off in the end. now she can join me on eid :P

I ll wish all who are waiting, inshAllah good news coming soon.