ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Can french residence card holder visit UK without visa

Immigration to European countries, don't post UK or Ireland related topics!

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

Ahsan888
Newly Registered

Can french residence card holder visit UK without visa

Post by Ahsan888 » Sat Jun 14, 2014 12:31 am

Hii

My question is, can french residence card holder '' Totra de sojora'' visit uk ? or he needs to take visit visa ? i know about nationals but not sure about residence card holders.

Thanks

Casa
United Kingdom

Re: Can french residence card holder visit UK without visa

Post by Casa » Sat Jun 14, 2014 9:23 am

He will need a visa.
(Casa, not CR001)
Please don't send me PMs asking for immigration advice on posts that are on the open forum. If I haven't responded there, it's because I don't have the answer. I'm a moderator, not a legal professional.

toofan
Member of Standing

Post by toofan » Sun Jun 22, 2014 1:32 pm

only latvia and germany issued residence card under article 10 family members of eu citizens can travel without visa.
so you will need the visa
You may have to fight a battle more than once to win it.
<<<<<<<TOOFAN>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>

chaoclive
Diamond Member
Ireland

Post by chaoclive » Sun Jun 22, 2014 1:55 pm

toofan wrote:only latvia and germany issued residence card under article 10 family members of eu citizens can travel without visa.
so you will need the visa
ESTONIA & Germany

toofan
Member of Standing

Post by toofan » Fri Jul 04, 2014 10:45 am

thanks for correction . :x
You may have to fight a battle more than once to win it.
<<<<<<<TOOFAN>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>

Donutz

Post by Donutz » Fri Jul 04, 2014 12:00 pm

Which is total b*ll*cks though.. Since all EU/EEA family issued with a residence card under article 10 (SS/EU route people) should be able to travel visa free through the EU. The UK not respecting that equals whipping their behinds with directive 2004/38/EC Freedom of Movement act.

Apparantly the UK claims they only accept German and Estonian cards due to security features on the card? That's first of all silly since not having the latest security on those cards (to counter fraud) is no valid reason to deny visa free entry and I know that other countries have secured those type of RC too such as the Dutch. Their card is exactly the same as the German one (though rather then German+English it is ofcourse in Dutch+English, has a chip with biometrics on it etc. So the UK government is just being a bunch of ******.

My planned trip to the UK with my soon to be wife (no article 10 here, just normal residency on a regular family permit for unmarried couples) is in the fridge until we can either travel hassle free or until she obtains citizenship here. And I know plenty of people with foreign partners who act likewise.

But why make travel to the UK hassle free for EU citizens and their foreign family members, they could be spending money in the UK rather then France or Spain and who would want that??! :roll: :lol:
/end rant.