ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Parents Dependant visa

General UK immigration & work permits; don't post job search or family related topics!

Please use this section of the board if there is no specific section for your query.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

az120
Newly Registered

Parents Dependant visa

Post by az120 » Fri Jul 04, 2014 11:41 am

Hi
I am British National and living with my family in the UK. My mother (over 65yrs of age) is a Pakistani national living in Pakistan alone. She is widow and due to recent changes in circumstances she can not live on her own any more. Although she is healthy by the grace of God and have daughter in Pakistan (living with her in-laws)

I am working in UK and renting home with ample space to accommodate her. As mentioned earlier, due to change in circumstances she can not live on her own therefore, I am planning to go back permanently to Pakistan.

I had already tried her visit visa but it was refused 3 times due to lack of family ties in PK.

I understand that you can sponsor your parents in UK if they are financially dependent and need a care and there is no family back home to care for them. Although this is not easy visa to obtain as she has a daughter back home.

Question.

Can I apply for her permanent Visa whilst I am in PK, out of job and no accommodation to show is UK? if yes how this will work.

By me going back, does it not prove that she has no one to care for her in Pakistan.

Thanks for your help

Amber
Mood:
United Kingdom

Re: Parents Dependant visa

Post by Amber » Fri Jul 04, 2014 11:54 am

Unlikely, you could move your centre of life to another EEA Country and have her as a dep family member under EEA regulations bringing her back to UK under Singh.
**this forum is not intended to be a substitute for professional advice**
Click here to send me a PM regarding an offensive post. Do NOT PM me for immigration advice.

az120
Newly Registered

Post by az120 » Fri Jul 04, 2014 12:02 pm

Thanks Amber

Do you know how long it will take to sponsor mother in another EEA country. I mean procedural time.

MPH80
Respected Guru

Post by MPH80 » Fri Jul 04, 2014 12:05 pm

Can I apply for her permanent Visa whilst I am in PK, out of job and no accommodation to show is UK? if yes how this will work.

By me going back, does it not prove that she has no one to care for her in Pakistan.
I don't think Amber's post quite captured the negativity I'd put to this situation.

On the first point - no way at all could you do this. You have to be able to show you can afford to look after your parent for a period of 5 years with no recourse public funds. With no income in the UK and no house - that's impossible.

On the second point - if you left - this would show that she didn't need the level of care required because she can survive on her own. If you then employed care, or your sister stepped in, this would show that care was available, and affordable.

Welcome to the catch-22 world of the adult dependant visa.

The singh route is the only viable one - but be aware it requires moving your life - not just playing at moving.