ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

10 years long residence applications

Only for queries regarding Indefinite Leave to Remain (ILR). Please use the EU Settlement Scheme forum for queries about settled status under Appendix EU

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

mskhan78

Re: 10 years long residence applications

Post by mskhan78 » Fri Jul 04, 2014 11:58 am

faisaltanoli wrote:Salam Friends,

Finally got my ILR today. Decision posted on 2nd July and i received it today. Thanks for all the people who supported and helped me out.

Applied on: 01/03/2014
Biometric on 22/03/2014
Received on : 04/07/2014

Thanks
Regards
M Faisal
Congratulations mate.

Shahkakaram

Post by Shahkakaram » Fri Jul 04, 2014 12:02 pm

hassan5805 wrote:
kusanagi wrote:
My visa was stamped on 21st Sep but I came to UK on 4th of Oct. Someone told me that HO consider your 10 years from the date of ILR application. I have also been advised to apply on FLR form and once 10 years compeleted then send ILR.
You have traveled within 28 days after getting your visa and i think you can apply from the date when you get your visa.
You do not need to wait to day of entry clearance. But also take seniors advise too.

Reagrds
Dear Kusanagi ,

Sorry to interrupt on the advice that you can apply 21st Sep , i will not agree on it , there is no such rule for Long Residency route applicant to apply on the visa date stamped and you travalled with in 28 days of the visa issue ...

i am afraid , this is not written any where and if so kindly share the link ,

so kindly don't get confuse on it , there is no option in the application form as well when your visa was stamped ?, however there is the question on the form when did you arrived in this country first / date of entry clearance as you CLOCK will start from the date you landed in this country . i.e in your case is 4th oct .

SO, you can apply 28 days before 4th oct , i.e on 6th Sept or after 6th sept

so now check when your last visa is finishing so according to the given information in those 45 days if you have included those 28 days then you can minus those 28 days so you will left with 17 days short and if you calculated your 45 days excluding the 28 days then there are different ways you can regularise your stay by applying some different category so by the time you will be processed for fees ,bio metric and decision and it reaches the 6th sept then you can apply for ILR on Variation of application ..

And there is a clear question on SET( LR) that "are you applying 28 days before the completion of the 10 years ?"
so Don't get confuse and don't mess up with 28 days and be very careful to avoid any disappointment ...
but i am sure that any one can apply 28 days before the completion of the 10 years ,
for your information yes , it is also true you will find some solicitors who never take any chance to apply before 28 days in the cases like you where they are short of 45 or more then 28 days short and it is also a good practise to play safely . hope you understand what i mean here so keep their clients on safe side they are advising this to their clients so HO can not make issue of those 28 days .....

I am not sure how to file for the variation of application ..you can still wait for some times so any one can give you advise on it or simply ask to the solicitor as we can only discuss the cases here to give you some options and ways or there are few solicitor where you can ask on TV SHOW ....HOPE you will get some useful advice on it .https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kenXi1WcGow probably you may get the similar case in their tv programs ....some of them are available on you tube ...
.BUT
make sure there are some rules to do the variation of the application which i am not 100% sure what they are but if your FLR or any other category decision will come before 4th oct then obviously you will get the right to appeal and most likely you will get discretionary leave as your children are born here and you are living here with your wife and children but if your 10 years will complete before the court hearing or appeal date then you can not apply for SET( LR) straight away as variation ...they recently has changed the procedure where variation of application will be applied on your appeal hearing day in the court before your flr decision will start in the court on the same date where you will explain them that your 10 years are completed so judge will make decision on the same day and will refer your case to HO to accept his application for SET( LR) ...

And just in case if you will not get your FLR decision before 4th oct so you can apply for variation of application ...i am not sure about the procedure of that variation ....wether you have to with draw your current application and applied for the set( lr) same day or through some other process and also keep in mind that withdrawing application and applying for variation may regularise your stay or not ...there is a confusion on it ..in some cases they treat withdrawing an application and applying for the new one as VOID and VOID will consider as gap so please seek some good solicitor advice on it ,....or make sure you are following the right procedure to applying as variation of application..

Again i will say if you don't want to apply through solicitor make sure you are applying for the right application to cover your 45 days short in order to keep YOUR STAY REGULARISED , so kindly look into every possible way and take your decision wisely and make sure you follow the timings and procedure , to not to give HO any weak point other wise if incase your application will refuse it would go for appeal and although you will get ILR in the end because your personal cicumstances and your ties with this country but it may take longer because of appeal and hearing dates and so on ..so avoid any delays and disappointment make sure follow the correct procedure ..
i can understand that applying with family and solicitors fees will be very expensive to afford ....

wish you all the best

Keep updating us

With Regards ,
Shah
Last edited by Shahkakaram on Fri Jul 04, 2014 12:29 pm, edited 1 time in total.

faisaltanoli

Post by faisaltanoli » Fri Jul 04, 2014 12:06 pm

Thanks for compliments
hassan5805 wrote:

Finally got my ILR today. Decision posted on 2nd July and i received it today. Thanks for all the people who supported and helped me out.

Biometric on 22/03/2014

Thanks
Regards
M Faisal
Mashalla Janab Good Luck for your future.
Enjoy your freedom..

Best Regards

faisaltanoli

Post by faisaltanoli » Fri Jul 04, 2014 12:07 pm

mskhan78 wrote:

Biometric on 22/03/2014

Thanks
Regards
M Faisal
Congratulations mate.
Thanks

mskhan78

Post by mskhan78 » Fri Jul 04, 2014 12:20 pm

Hi Everyone

Just called HO regarding my application . The lady said it doesn't say anything about whether it has been allocated to case worker or not but there is a note on 24th June which say ''In progress''. guys any clue whether application is with caseworker or still on the shelf somewhere??????????????????????.
Applied on 13-03-2014
Regards
MS KHAN
Last edited by mskhan78 on Fri Jul 04, 2014 12:41 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Shahkakaram

Post by Shahkakaram » Fri Jul 04, 2014 12:38 pm

Biometric on 22/03/2014

Thanks
Regards
M Faisal
@ Faisaltanoli ,

Dear Faisal ,
Congratulation ! Enjoy your freedom ....so now HO average time is almost 4 months :shock:
With Regards,
Shah

the guy
Newly Registered

Post by the guy » Fri Jul 04, 2014 12:41 pm

Congratulations M Faisal.
You can now enjoy your freedom.
Would you mind telling us whether your application was straight forward or complex? and the number of days you spent out of the UK over those 10 years?
Thanks and best wishes,
faisaltanoli wrote:
mskhan78 wrote:

Biometric on 22/03/2014

Thanks
Regards
M Faisal
Congratulations mate.
Thanks

mskhan78

Post by mskhan78 » Fri Jul 04, 2014 12:42 pm

Hi Everyone CAN any one assess this ???

Just called HO regarding my application . The lady said it doesn't say anything about whether it has been allocated to case worker or not but there is a note on 24th June which say ''In progress''. guys any clue whether application is with caseworker or still on the shelf somewhere??????????????????????.
Applied on 13-03-2014
Regards
MS KHAN

mustansir
Newly Registered

Post by mustansir » Fri Jul 04, 2014 12:44 pm

Hi i have submitted my application on 4/06/14 using the old form dated 04/14
application submitted on 04/06/14
Acknowledgment letter received on 12/06/14
Bio metric received on 25/06/14
Bio metric done on 28/06/14

so far i don't think there is any issue with the form version

Thanks
Mustansir

mustansir
Newly Registered

Post by mustansir » Fri Jul 04, 2014 12:49 pm

Shahkakaram wrote:
fielddrive wrote:By the way, has anyone applied using the new form yet and received email updates from HO?

Hello every one ,

i have also noticed this day before yesterday about the june version of SET(LR) application form its says " this application form is to be used on or after 02/06/2014 ..

Unfortunately , i have also applied on the previous version because every buddy is actually pre planned for any thing so am i , was preparing every thing a week before and download the SET(LR) application form on 1st june 2014 and submitted an application on 2nd june 2014 with out checking the updated version of SET(LR) on their website on 2nd june 2014 morning , as per as their website they have uploaded the form at 12:15am on 2nd june 2014 .

Although according to my time line payments has been processed and so as bi metric is also register so according to it this should be okay with HO , i called HO yesterday and asked them about it , they said if there will be any issue they will write you but your fees and bi metric is done so it should be okay ...when i asked me shall i send you an updated form now , he said no not needed now ....but although these are the words of the man on the phone , i clicked that he must not have definite answer for this issue .

another member from this forum also advised me on this issue that Case worker can see you applied on the 2nd of June, hence classic case of common sense discretion will apply, and there will be no issue....

i have also compare both forms , 04/2014 version and 06/2014 there is not much difference in it , the only difference is B17 AND B18 where they are asking for an email address to get and update of the status of an application and in previous version there was also a question of email address but in old version they never specifically mentioned for what reason they need it and they didn't ask to re write the email address again , where as in 06/2014 version they asked it twice ...thats it nothing else ...

and now the HO has uploaded another version in July 2014 07/2014 version in which they are asking one more question in Part D , about the ties with another countries .....

Is there any member in this forum who applied on or after 2nd june 2014 used the previous version ( 04/2014) of SET (LR)? please share their experience here .....

as far as 06/2014 is concern HO should have to consider the transitional time , or let see how its effect ,

Need some input from MUSTANSIR , NAD And others who applied in june 2014 .........

THANKS

SHAH

Hi
i have submitted my application on 4/06/14 using the old form dated 04/14

so far i don't think there is any issue with the form version.
i think if forms sent is not correct then HO generally don't take payment and sent the application back as it did happened with me once they sent an application asking to re submit the forms it was due to i forgot to put few ticks not the form version

Thanks
Mustansir
Last edited by mustansir on Fri Jul 04, 2014 1:12 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Shahkakaram

Post by Shahkakaram » Fri Jul 04, 2014 12:50 pm

mustansir wrote:Hi i have submitted my application on 4/06/14 using the old form dated 04/14

Thanks
Mustansir
Thanks Mustansir ,

Thanks for your update ....

We are on same boat ...i also believed now the old version would be okay ...

Remember us in your prayers ,

With Regards ,

shah

msmussaf

Post by msmussaf » Fri Jul 04, 2014 2:33 pm

Shahkakaram wrote:
msmussaf wrote:Alhamdulillah I got approval today dated 02 july.
I am very thankful to all board members may Allah swt reward you and those members who are waiting be calm it on its way. InahaAllah you will hear good news soon
@msmussaf ,

Congratulation bro ,

Enjoy your freedom :)

from time line : you applied on 5th March 2014 .... ....4 months :P

(@ MARCH-ILR , i apologise for it .My mistake ..its not 3 months ....its 4 month .... )

lucky you ....Masha Allah .....

was your case straightforward or had some problem ?

Thanks
Khan
Thanks a lot for everyone for your support and encouragement.

My case was straightforward 10 years student with one refusal and one revocation but Alhamdulillah I won both appeals in past.

msmussaf

Post by msmussaf » Fri Jul 04, 2014 2:40 pm

mskhan78 wrote:Hi Everyone CAN any one assess this ???

Applied on 13-03-2014
Regards
MS KHAN
I will suggest you dont call them InshaAllah next week is yours. they will answer you what is written in front of their wall.

I sent a pre paid special delivery envelop with my application i received docs in that envelop on 3rd july but before that i tried to track it using royal mail every day even it was not tracked 2nd july in the night but next day i received it. so just stay calm and pray.

mind202
Mood:
Pakistan

Post by mind202 » Fri Jul 04, 2014 3:36 pm

msmussaf wrote:
Shahkakaram wrote:
msmussaf wrote:Alhamdulillah I got approval today dated 02 july.
I am very thankful to all board members may Allah swt reward you and those members who are waiting be calm it on its way. InahaAllah you will hear good news soon
@msmussaf ,

Congratulation bro ,

Enjoy your freedom :)

from time line : you applied on 5th March 2014 .... ....4 months :P

(@ MARCH-ILR , i apologise for it .My mistake ..its not 3 months ....its 4 month .... )

lucky you ....Masha Allah .....

was your case straightforward or had some problem ?

Thanks
Khan
Thanks a lot for everyone for your support and encouragement.

My case was straightforward 10 years student with one refusal and one revocation but Alhamdulillah I won both appeals in past.
Many congrats Brother,please remember us in ur prayers

arsalali
Newly Registered

Post by arsalali » Fri Jul 04, 2014 4:07 pm

Dear All,

I range HO today and they informed me they have posted a package today and they also gave me the tracking number. Any suggestions what could be in the package?

I have been reading all the posts, very helpful, thank you to all the members.

I applied on 11 March 2014.I will update the details later as i dont have them handy.

Regards,
arsalali

helostar
Newly Registered

Post by helostar » Fri Jul 04, 2014 4:25 pm

Biometric on 22/03/2014

Thanks
Regards
M Faisal
congrats bro:)

did you apply 28 days earlier of your qualifying period from first entry to UK?
or you completed full 10 years and then applied,,,,
thanks and regards
helostar

helostar
Newly Registered

Post by helostar » Fri Jul 04, 2014 4:27 pm

mustansir wrote:Hi i have submitted my application on 4/06/14 using the old form dated 04/14

Thanks
Mustansir
did you apply 28 days earlier?
or you completed 10 years full???
regards
helostar

arsalali
Newly Registered

Post by arsalali » Fri Jul 04, 2014 4:29 pm

@helostar

Thank you but bit nervous though.

I applied a week before completing 10 years.

Regards,
arsalali

Sam7864u
Newly Registered

Post by Sam7864u » Fri Jul 04, 2014 5:06 pm

Hi Everyone,
I wanted to find out the processing time for ILR applications.I delivered my documents and application bundle to my solicitor on 11th of April I imagine she submitted on 17th June. My case is bit complicated in January my work visa was expiring and solicitor applied for flr visa which was refused and we got the appeal right we submitted appeal and in April I completed 10 years then my solicitor applied for ilr as per her saying on 13th of April I didn't get any acknowledgement or neither the payment was taken I called home office and been told that my application has not been received I called my solicitor and then received acknowledgement from ho that they received on 19th of June they took the payments of my dependents but not mine and then we received the biometrics letters for them too on 19th but nothing came out for me yet apart from my acknowledgement letter I am worried what's happening just want to know anyone have similer situation. As soon as Homeoffice received my application and we received acknowledgement letter my solicitor withdrew my appeal .
Regards sam
[quote][/quote]
Last edited by Sam7864u on Fri Jul 04, 2014 5:25 pm, edited 2 times in total.

March_LR14

Post by March_LR14 » Fri Jul 04, 2014 5:15 pm

Biometric on 22/03/2014

Thanks
Regards
M Faisal
Many Congratulations Faisaltanoli. Have a wonderful life of freedom.

This week has been very fruitful.

I pray next week also brings success for many of us.

Regards

March_LR14

Post by March_LR14 » Fri Jul 04, 2014 5:22 pm

arsalali wrote:Dear All,

I range HO today and they informed me they have posted a package today and they also gave me the tracking number. Any suggestions what could be in the package?

I have been reading all the posts, very helpful, thank you to all the members.

I applied on 11 March 2014.I will update the details later as i dont have them handy.

Regards,
arsalali
Hi Arsalali,

Insha Allah you will get the approval tomorrow.

Was your case straightforward or you had any complications in past 10 years?

Regards

March_LR14

Post by March_LR14 » Fri Jul 04, 2014 5:25 pm

msmussaf wrote:

Applied on 13-03-2014
Regards
MS KHAN
I will suggest you dont call them InshaAllah next week is yours. they will answer you what is written in front of their wall.

I sent a pre paid special delivery envelop with my application i received docs in that envelop on 3rd july but before that i tried to track it using royal mail every day even it was not tracked 2nd july in the night but next day i received it. so just stay calm and pray.
Hi msmussaf,

That's strange. normally you can track Special delivery as soon as it gets to nearest Mail centre. Like in the case of shahjee1234 he was able to track his package 9pm on the evening of dispatch.

I sent a special delivery envelope with my application and i track it till 4am in the morning everyday.

Thanks

mskhan78

Post by mskhan78 » Fri Jul 04, 2014 5:42 pm

msmussaf wrote:

Applied on 13-03-2014
Regards
MS KHAN

Thanks for the Kind wording bro. thanks very much

arsalali
Newly Registered

Post by arsalali » Fri Jul 04, 2014 5:44 pm

@March_LR14

hope for the best.

6 years on student visa, rest on work permit.

I am excited and at the same time i am worried. :-)

Regards,
arsalali

march_ilr

Post by march_ilr » Fri Jul 04, 2014 6:13 pm

arsalali wrote:@March_LR14

hope for the best.

6 years on student visa, rest on work permit.

I am excited and at the same time i am worried. :-)

Regards,
arsalali
Hopefully we are getting some more good news tomorrow. My advance congrats to those who are getting ilr tomorrow and over the weekend. When you applied arsalali? i did not find your name in the google drive.

regards;
march_ilr
Applied for FREEDOM on the 20th March