ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

need help applying for dependent visa

Only for UK Tier 1 (Entrepreneur) points system. This route is now closed to new applicants.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

cappachino
Member of Standing

need help applying for dependent visa

Post by cappachino » Mon Aug 19, 2013 10:36 pm

I am on 200k tier 1 visa
Moved to uk and started a retail business 2 months back (sole trader)
Now I would like to apply for my dependents
What all documents are required (2 kids n wife) in Pakistan

vinny

Post by vinny » Tue Aug 20, 2013 1:27 am

This is not intended to be legal or professional advice in any jurisdiction. Please click on any given links for further information. Refer to the source of any quotes.
We do not inherit the Earth from our ancestors, we borrow it from our children.

cappachino
Member of Standing

Post by cappachino » Tue Aug 20, 2013 1:29 am

Thanks vinney

MTZ510
Member of Standing

Re: need help applying for dependent visa

Post by MTZ510 » Sun Aug 25, 2013 2:55 pm

cappachino wrote:I am on 200k tier 1 visa
Moved to uk and started a retail business 2 months back (sole trader)
Now I would like to apply for my dependents
What all documents are required (2 kids n wife) in Pakistan
Good to see u back on forum.

I have applied for my family and have submitted following dox

- Online Visa Form (VAF 10)
- Bank Statement with Maintanance Funds
- Bank Certificate (90 days minimum balance)
- Family documents ( Marraige Registration / Child Registration Certificates along with translations)
- Passport copy of Main Applicant (sponsor) and Copy of Tier 1 Visa issued.
- TB Certificate from IOM

Note that i have received Tier1 Visa but have not yet landed in UK , in my original application i had mentioned that my family will travel with me and have shown the required maintanance funds.

lansisil
Newly Registered

Post by lansisil » Fri Jul 04, 2014 9:21 am

Hi. I wanted to clarify a confusion that runs through my mind. Firstly, my hubby is in Uk for Tier 1 Entre visa. He's been there for a while but was granted entrep visa last year sept. Would appreciate if you could help me:
- me and our newborn are currently staying in malaysia, could my husband apply the dependant application in the UK or I have to apply by myself here in Malaysia.

Thank you for your help.

entrepreneur123

Post by entrepreneur123 » Fri Jul 04, 2014 2:31 pm

ofcourse you will need to apply ur self in Malaysia.

lansisil wrote:Hi. I wanted to clarify a confusion that runs through my mind. Firstly, my hubby is in Uk for Tier 1 Entre visa. He's been there for a while but was granted entrep visa last year sept. Would appreciate if you could help me:
- me and our newborn are currently staying in malaysia, could my husband apply the dependant application in the UK or I have to apply by myself here in Malaysia.

Thank you for your help.

Vishnu
Newly Registered

Post by Vishnu » Fri Jul 04, 2014 7:42 pm

lansisil wrote:Hi. I wanted to clarify a confusion that runs through my mind. Firstly, my hubby is in Uk for Tier 1 Entre visa. He's been there for a while but was granted entrep visa last year sept. Would appreciate if you could help me:

Thank you for your help.
if you unsure about filling the online form yourself, he can apply for you online in the VISA4UK site.

He can apply online on your behalf and fill both applications for you and the baby and pay for them as well while he is in the UK as its online system. Of course, you can do that yourself as well. He can also make an appointment for you and the baby to go the service center in Kuala lumpur.

You will need to print the PDF application, sign it, attach all the additional documents required and go to your appointment for finger printing, photo, and hand over both applications.

http://www.vfsglobal.co.uk/malaysia/app ... entre.html

lansisil
Newly Registered

Post by lansisil » Sun Jul 06, 2014 12:30 pm

Thank you very much.
Now please confirm if this is the amount that at least we have to keep for 3 months since my husband has been there for more than 12 months.

Savings
The amount depends on your circumstances. You must have £1,800 (£1,890 from 1 July) for each dependant if you’re applying from outside the UK or have been in the UK for less than 12 months. If you've been in the UK for more than 12 months, you must have £600 (£630 from 1 July) for each dependant.

So its 900 (for my husband) + 630 (for me) + 630 ( for our baby)

Visa Fee
Visa fee for each dependant - USD 1486

Thank you for your help!

Vishnu
Newly Registered

Post by Vishnu » Sun Jul 06, 2014 10:07 pm

Visa Fees are correct and its payable online via cards.

He already got visa, so he only needs to show £1260 for 90 days in his account. He can send you 4 months stamped bank statement from a UK for that amount showing his balance did not fall below £1260 for the past 90 days then you add that to your application. Of course you can use your bank as well, but i think you need a bank letter confirming + statement if its not a UK bank.
lansisil wrote:Thank you very much.
Now please confirm if this is the amount that at least we have to keep for 3 months since my husband has been there for more than 12 months.

Savings
The amount depends on your circumstances. You must have £1,800 (£1,890 from 1 July) for each dependant if you’re applying from outside the UK or have been in the UK for less than 12 months. If you've been in the UK for more than 12 months, you must have £600 (£630 from 1 July) for each dependant.

So its 900 (for my husband) + 630 (for me) + 630 ( for our baby)

Visa Fee
Visa fee for each dependant - USD 1486

Thank you for your help!

Vishnu
Newly Registered

Post by Vishnu » Sun Jul 06, 2014 10:18 pm

I just noticed you said he got it on Sept 2013.

if he will apply now, its safer that he have £3780 for 90 days as they will calculate his stay from either the airport entry date or the visa issue date if he was already in the UK when he got it.

So if he was in the UK when he got his visa, he can wait until its one day after his visa issue date to complete one year, then pay for your applications online or just send maintenance money for £3780 for 90 days. Better safe than sorry.

priyapiya

Post by priyapiya » Mon Jul 07, 2014 9:21 am

Duly completed Application form;
3. Dependent Original Passport & passport sized colour photograph;
4. Medical Reports;
5. Sponsorship Declaration from main applicant;
6. Copy of Passport & Biometric Card main applicant;
7. Original Marriage Certificate;
8. Wedding pictures including family group;
9. up-to-date original personal bank statements for maintenance covering more than previous 3 Months;
10. Letter from main applicant's Accountant/ pay slips;
12. Original Tenancy Agreement and Housing – accommodation certificate – fitness;
13. Some Original Remittance Receipts which send money to dependent;
14. international calling history;

priyapiya

Sponsorship Declaration from main applicant

Post by priyapiya » Mon Jul 07, 2014 9:23 am

priyapiya wrote:Duly completed Application form;
3. Dependent Original Passport & passport sized colour photograph;
4. Medical Reports;
5. Sponsorship Declaration from main applicant;
6. Copy of Passport & Biometric Card main applicant;
7. Original Marriage Certificate;
8. Wedding pictures including family group;
9. up-to-date original personal bank statements for maintenance covering more than previous 3 Months;
10. Letter from main applicant's Accountant/ pay slips;
12. Original Tenancy Agreement and Housing – accommodation certificate – fitness;
13. Some Original Remittance Receipts which send money to dependent;
14. international calling history;
To,
British High Commission
xxxxxxxxxx, xxxxxx.

Dated: xx-xx-2014

TO: CASE OFFICER

Subject: Application for Dependent Visa of xxxxx xxxx

Dear Sir/Madam,

I xxxxxx , would like to invite my wife and stay with me in the UK at my residence as my dependent.

My details are:

Current visa status in UK: xxxxx
Residence Permit Number: xx xxxxxxx
Visa Expiry Date: xx-xx-xxxx
Date of issue: xx-xx-xxxx

I am willing to sponsor my wife/ Dependent of passport number xxxxxxx as my dependent.

I declare that I take complete responsibility to support my wife/Dependent during her travel and stay in United Kingdom. I have been living in the UK for more than xx years. I also take the responsibility to provide her accommodation and fulfill all of her expenses, which include travel, subsistence, food and any other circumstantial needs.

I have enough space available in a rented house at xx xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx xxx xxxxxxx xxx . Also I have enough funds available in my bank account to support her stay with me.
In support of my wife’s/ Dependent visa application, I have sent all necessary documents which are attached with her/his ‘Cover Letter’.

In the event that you require any additional information or documentation in relation to her application or if I can be of further assistance during your consideration of her visa application, please feel free to get in touch with me.

Regards,

Name: xxxxxxxxxx
Mobile: xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
E-Mail: xxxxxxxxxxxx
Address: xxxx xxxxxx xxxxxxxxx xxxx

lansisil
Newly Registered

Post by lansisil » Tue Jul 08, 2014 3:30 pm

Thank you very much for your time. Your kindness will be paid from on high. Thank you again. :D

sam301321
Newly Registered

Post by sam301321 » Tue Jul 15, 2014 3:22 pm

Hi Guys,
I got Tier 1 Entrepreneur visa last month and want to apply dependent visa for my wife and daughter. They are back home now but they used to live in UK with me. (My wife was in PSW and was not my dependent). i have some question regarding the applications. could you please help me to give your valuable advice.

a) I am showing around £1500.00 for last three month for my wife and daughter. shall i need to indicate that my maintenance fund was in different account that i used for my visa application.
b) Shall I need to mention about my source of income. I just got my visa and starting to work for my business. I used to work for Boots before I get visa. I resigned when i got the visa.
c) I took two rooms from a 4 bed room house that maintained by my friend. and those rooms will be available from 1st of August. what types of paper i need to submit for that.
I will be great full for your kind information. Thank you.

lansisil
Newly Registered

Visa and Passport Photocopy form main applicant

Post by lansisil » Mon Nov 17, 2014 3:47 am

Hello everyone!

My husband and I are in the process of collection documents as requirements for applying Tier 1 dependant visa. I am a Filipino working in Malaysia. My husband is in the UK since Sept 2013. Anyway, for photocopied passport and visa, do I still seek for attestation/? Thank you for your help....