ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Review process timing for spouse visa

Family member & Ancestry immigration; don't post other immigration categories, please!
Marriage | Unmarried Partners | Fiancé | Ancestry

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

smallfamily27
Newly Registered

Review process timing for spouse visa

Post by smallfamily27 » Fri Jul 04, 2014 6:26 pm

I submitted my wife's spouse application in Pakistan at Gerry's centre on 3rd January. HO refused the visa application on 3rd March on the bases that we didn't provide enough evidence that our marriage is genuine.

Then I appealed on the 28th March with lots of evidence here in the UK which included our phone call history/bills on the daily basis. I received a standard confirmation letter after 2 weeks that HO has received my appealed docs but they didn't mention any time frame for the review process.

So does any one know how long do they take to decide in the review process? Would anyone like to share their experience who had a similar situation. Its now more than 3 months when I appealed and still waiting.
I would really appreciate your replies. Many thanks

maniani
United Kingdom

Re: Review process timing for spouse visa

Post by maniani » Fri Jul 04, 2014 8:30 pm

The ECM review mostly take around 19 weeks.

smallfamily27
Newly Registered

Post by smallfamily27 » Fri Jul 04, 2014 9:37 pm

Thanks maniani for your reply...I really appreciate it

i heard from people that ECM never overturns the decision or there are very very less chances of it... is it true? Any ideas

SoHopeful

Post by SoHopeful » Sun Jul 06, 2014 7:15 pm

Hi there.

A friend of mine was in a similar situation with her husband and I can say that what you have heard is false. They applied April, were refused some time after and appealed. It took until Feb this year for the decision to be overturned, but it happened!