ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

When do I qualify for citizenship

A section for posts relating to applications for Naturalisation or Registration as a British Citizen. Naturalisation

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

Mainatsayi
Newly Registered

When do I qualify for citizenship

Post by Mainatsayi » Sat Jul 05, 2014 12:14 pm

I have just been granted IRL under the 2 year spouse route, now a brief history in 2011 I applied for FLR(O) as my student visa was expiring and I was then planning to wed my husband. The FLR (O) application was refused and my lawyer lodged an appeal and at the same time wrote to the home office requesting a reconsideration of the decession to refuser me, we lost the appeal and a few month later November 2011 I wed my husband, My lawyer then sent my marriage certificate to the HO as fellow up to the reconsideration request he had submitted before. We heard nothing from HO and in December 2011 my lawyer wrote another letter to HO chasing up. In January 2012 I had to urgently go to my home country so I did and applied for my spouse visa while I was there and it was granted March 2012, meanwhile while I was in my home country HO wrote to my lawyer saying they were still looking at my case there was a back log etc.

So my question is am I eligible to apply for citizenship via the spouse 3 year route (wedded November 2011) or since I went to my home country to apply for spouse visa I have to wait 1 year. Many thanks in advance.

Amber
Mood:
United Kingdom

Re: When do I qualify for citizenship

Post by Amber » Sat Jul 05, 2014 12:16 pm

Is your spouse British?
**this forum is not intended to be a substitute for professional advice**
Click here to send me a PM regarding an offensive post. Do NOT PM me for immigration advice.

Mainatsayi
Newly Registered

Post by Mainatsayi » Sat Jul 05, 2014 12:22 pm

Yes Amber he is British

Amber
Mood:
United Kingdom

Post by Amber » Sat Jul 05, 2014 12:25 pm

3 years from when you entered the UK with valid leave.
Click here to send me a PM regarding an offensive post. Do NOT PM me for immigration advice.

Mainatsayi
Newly Registered

Post by Mainatsayi » Sat Jul 05, 2014 12:34 pm

So just to be clear you are saying it will be 3 years after I come back on my spouse visa March (2013) and not 3 years when we wedded in November 2011 ?..

Amber
Mood:
United Kingdom

Post by Amber » Sat Jul 05, 2014 1:33 pm

Yes, and you mean March 2012 don't you?

Mainatsayi
Newly Registered

Post by Mainatsayi » Sat Jul 05, 2014 4:54 pm

Thank you so much Amber, yes I meant 2012