ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Documents for applying EEA2 under Surinder Singh route

Use this section for any queries concerning the EU Settlement Scheme, for applicants holding pre-settled and settled status.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

Mrs.mdeben

Documents for applying EEA2 under Surinder Singh route

Post by Mrs.mdeben » Fri Jul 04, 2014 3:03 pm

Hi again everyone.

Just recently, I received my EEA FP and arrived in UK June26. After 1 week I got a job offered as a company manager and I will be starting next week and I'm also waiting for my national insurance number by post. Now, I'm planning to apply for EEA2, I am aware that I need to submit the same papers I submitted when I applied for family permit after a month, my questions are:

1. Can I submit my Employment contract and payslip of 1 month? Is it worth it?

2. I'm also applying for health insurance for both of us, can I submit it too? (I know we don't really need it but it doesn't hurt I guess)

3. We will also open a joint bank account, will it help?

4. My in laws offered us to live in their house as they own a 7 bedroom Georgian house and we are only 5, we don't have any bills in our names, does a letter from his parents and from their lawyer enough? What else can I submit as a proof or residence in UK?

5. What are the other important documents I can submit?

Thanks in advance and please if you know some answers on any questions I asked, feel free to message me. Thanks xxx

rosebead
Member of Standing

Re: Documents for applying EEA2 under Surinder Singh route

Post by rosebead » Fri Jul 04, 2014 10:14 pm

Family members do not have to prove employment for EEA2 applications, it is only their EEA sponsor who has to prove exercising of Treaty rights, so you do not have to submit anything at all related to your employment. Since you got your EEA Family Permit under Regulation 9 (Surinder Singh case law), luckily for you your British spouse cannot be legally required to exercise Treaty rights in the UK (Case C-291/05 Eind) so no need for him to submit proof of his employment in the UK. And no need to re-submit proof of his employment in his host State either. This is because the EEA2 form changed in April so that if you obtained your FP under Regulation 9, there's now a box you can tick at the top of SECTION 5 of the EEA2 form that allows you to skip all of the question relating to your husband's employment and "integration", and thus no need to re-submit your husband's proof of employment or integration in Cyprus.

All you need submit are passports, marriage certificate, and proof of your and your spouse's residence in the UK, and that is it. Plus a cover letter to say that you already have FP and have ticked the relevant box on SECTION 5 of the EEA2 form that tells Surinder Singh applicants to skip all questions until SECTION 10. State that you will be submitting just your and your spouse's passport, marriage certificate, and proof of residence in the UK because that is all the form asks for, since your FP is already proof that you have satisfied Regulation 9. Health insurance is absolutely not required nor proof of your employment nor a UK bank account - they are not relevant to your application unless you want to submit them as proof of your and your spouse's residence in the UK, but I would've thought his parents' letter would suffice and maybe a utility bill in the parents' name, plus any official documents in your and your spouse's names addressed to his parents' home such as bank account, driving licence, insurance, receipts, etc. Just 2-3 proofs of UK residence will do - you don't have to go above board.

EEA2 applications are straightforward for SS applicants now. Once you have FP you are sorted and do not need to prove it all over again for EEA2 (which you did use to have to, but thankfully not anymore with the form change in April).

Mrs.mdeben

Post by Mrs.mdeben » Sat Jul 05, 2014 12:09 pm

rosebead wrote:Family members do not have to prove employment for EEA2 applications, it is only their EEA sponsor who has to prove exercising of Treaty rights, so you do not have to submit anything at all related to your employment. Since you got your EEA Family Permit under Regulation 9 (Surinder Singh case law), luckily for you your British spouse cannot be legally required to exercise Treaty rights in the UK (Case C-291/05 Eind) so no need for him to submit proof of his employment in the UK. And no need to re-submit proof of his employment in his host State either. This is because the EEA2 form changed in April so that if you obtained your FP under Regulation 9, there's now a box you can tick at the top of SECTION 5 of the EEA2 form that allows you to skip all of the question relating to your husband's employment and "integration", and thus no need to re-submit your husband's proof of employment or integration in Cyprus.

All you need submit are passports, marriage certificate, and proof of your and your spouse's residence in the UK, and that is it. Plus a cover letter to say that you already have FP and have ticked the relevant box on SECTION 5 of the EEA2 form that tells Surinder Singh applicants to skip all questions until SECTION 10. State that you will be submitting just your and your spouse's passport, marriage certificate, and proof of residence in the UK because that is all the form asks for, since your FP is already proof that you have satisfied Regulation 9. Health insurance is absolutely not required nor proof of your employment nor a UK bank account - they are not relevant to your application unless you want to submit them as proof of your and your spouse's residence in the UK, but I would've thought his parents' letter would suffice and maybe a utility bill in the parents' name, plus any official documents in your and your spouse's names addressed to his parents' home such as bank account, driving licence, insurance, receipts, etc. Just 2-3 proofs of UK residence will do - you don't have to go above board.

EEA2 applications are straightforward for SS applicants now. Once you have FP you are sorted and do not need to prove it all over again for EEA2 (which you did use to have to, but thankfully not anymore with the form change in April).
Hi again rosebead.

U're really a great help to me when I was applying for EEA family permit, hope you still remember me. Anyway, all the things you said was really promising for people who are applying for Surinder Singh. Do you know anyone who applied for EEA2 recently under Surinder Singh, I just want to see what are the things they did. I'm really quite nervous because I have a job now and I dont want to get a refused EEA2.

Another question, do you know what are the reasons of HO for them to ask for interview? And also for house visitation? I don't mind if they do that, It's just scary.

Thank you very much xx

Jellybean105
Member of Standing
United Kingdom

Post by Jellybean105 » Sat Jul 05, 2014 1:51 pm

I didn't know the form has changed! Now it makes soo much more sense. If you've been issued a FP it already proves your EU treaty rights so theres no need to prove it all over again.

When I applied in March I had to send it all in again despite the fact that my husband entered with a valid UK family permit. I wonder if applications are being accepted quicker on the new forms? If so, is there any point in re-applying on the new form?
Moved to Ireland: Feb 13
UK FP: Granted November 13
Ireland RC: Granted Feb 14
Returned to the UK: Feb 14
Applied for EEA2: 18th March 14
EEA2 Rejected: October 14 (re-submitted docs)
EEA2 Granted: December 14 (valid till 2019!)

jbminger
Ireland

Post by jbminger » Sat Jul 05, 2014 2:25 pm

I recently applied for EEA2 under Surinder Singh and was happy to see the box in Section 5 that I could check if I entered the UK with a Valid EEA Family Permit. I didn't write a cover letter for this application as it seems like a rather simple case, and the fact that a EEA FP has already been issued. HO received the application on 30/06/14 and received a letter today (5/07/14) dated 1/07/14 stating they received the application.

We submitted:
1) our passports, 1 USA (mine), 1 Irish (wifes), 1 UK (wifes)
2) a letter from my wife's brother stating we reside with him
3) a bill in wife's brothers name
4) NIN interview appointment letter
5) NIN application letter given to me following interview at Job Centre
6) Bank statement in my wifes name showing address of brother's house
7) marriage certificate

Mrs.mdeben

Post by Mrs.mdeben » Sat Jul 05, 2014 2:35 pm

Hi.

I heard that a lot of people who are applying for EEA2 received COA with no right to work, since both of you already applied, may I know if what kind of COA you both recieved?

jellybean105: I think your application will be fine, actually I was planning to send all the documents again about my husband's center of life that is why Im asking some advice to those who already applied.

jbminger: So you didn't submit all the papers about center of life?

Jellybean105
Member of Standing
United Kingdom

Post by Jellybean105 » Sat Jul 05, 2014 2:39 pm

My husband received a COA with no right to work and ever since I have been trying to get it corrected. My caseworker never replied to my letter so I emailed the deputy head but after 3 months we still have not receive the right one.
I'd have thought getting an EuFam Ireland resident card AND and EEA family permit would have been enough to get the right COA, if not approve the application altogether!!
Moved to Ireland: Feb 13
UK FP: Granted November 13
Ireland RC: Granted Feb 14
Returned to the UK: Feb 14
Applied for EEA2: 18th March 14
EEA2 Rejected: October 14 (re-submitted docs)
EEA2 Granted: December 14 (valid till 2019!)

jbminger
Ireland

Post by jbminger » Sat Jul 05, 2014 2:48 pm

Mrs.mdeben - that is correct - mainly because a family permit had already been issued. and I would imagine the home office scans or otherwise copies all documents sent with a previous application. but of course we all know what assuming leads to..

hopefully it will all be alright. I'll let you know as soon as I get the CoA in the post.

Mrs.mdeben

Post by Mrs.mdeben » Sat Jul 05, 2014 2:57 pm

jellybean105: Sorry to hear that you received COA with no right to work, did they said why? Yesterday I saw a post about COA with no right to work and the reason is because the applicant didn't submit any documents of identity, proof of address in UK and evidence of their relationship. Anyway, there are also post that shows on how to get a new COA. call this one: 0151 672 5626 (Updates and information about COA). Goodluck to you.

jbminger: UKBA is very tricky that is why we all want to be sure. Im worried to received COA with no right to work because I got employed last wednesday as a company manager and I dont know what I will do if I received like that kind of COA. Anyway, Please let me know about the updates of your application.

rosebead
Member of Standing

Post by rosebead » Sat Jul 05, 2014 4:30 pm

Mrs.mdebden, yes I do remember your case. I'm glad you got your EEA Family Permit and that they didn't hassle you because you got married just before your FP application. If you do get a house visitation or interview it is just to check that you are in a genuine relationship so nothing to worry about. I think EEA2 applications are currently taking 2-3 months to process but I guess this can change depending on Home Office backlog. With regards to COA and right to work, it seems to be completely random as some people get the correct COA and others don't. There doesn't seem to be any rhyme or reason to it other than arbitrary decision-making on the part of UKVI caseworkers.

Mrs.mdeben

Post by Mrs.mdeben » Sat Jul 05, 2014 5:12 pm

rosebead wrote:Mrs.mdebden, yes I do remember your case. I'm glad you got your EEA Family Permit and that they didn't hassle you because you got married just before your FP application. If you do get a house visitation or interview it is just to check that you are in a genuine relationship so nothing to worry about. I think EEA2 applications are currently taking 2-3 months to process but I guess this can change depending on Home Office backlog. With regards to COA and right to work, it seems to be completely random as some people get the correct COA and others don't. There doesn't seem to be any rhyme or reason to it other than arbitrary decision-making on the part of UKVI caseworkers.
I know, everything went so well when I applied for EEAFP, I was so glad and this forum really helped alot. Actually, just today I saw someone posted about her COA with no right to work and the reasons are: 1. No valid identity documents, No evidences of sponsor exercising his/her treaty rights and Evidences of relationship and the applicant sent all those documents. That is really crazy, sometimes i think that they might just sending random COA to everyone who just applied for EEA2. It is very unfair for us who are trying to send complete documents.

I will apply soon, I'm still waiting for my national insurance number so I can open a joint bank account.

Ramou23
Newly Registered

Post by Ramou23 » Sat Jul 05, 2014 6:27 pm

I really need help.
I got Married by proxy last year December,I wasn't present at the marriage but my Partner and Family where. I visited my Husband this year and we both went to foreign Affairs and minister of Justice to register our Marriage certificate.

Now I want to travel to Ireland this year to take the SS route with my partner, do you people think that my Marriage Certificate will be accepted?

Thank you in advance.

Mrs.mdeben

Post by Mrs.mdeben » Sat Jul 05, 2014 6:32 pm

Ramou23 wrote:I really need help.
I got Married by proxy last year December,I wasn't present at the marriage but my Partner and Family where. I visited my Husband this year and we both went to foreign Affairs and minister of Justice to register our Marriage certificate.

Now I want to travel to Ireland this year to take the SS route with my partner, do you people think that my Marriage Certificate will be accepted?

Thank you in advance.
What nationality are you? Who is the British? You or your husband? Where do you live atm?

If you are asking if marriage certificate is enough to use the Surinder Singh route then the answer is no. You need to submit a lot of documents to prove that you and your husband is Living in another member state and the british citizen is exercising his/her treaty rights.

Ramou23
Newly Registered

Post by Ramou23 » Sat Jul 05, 2014 6:40 pm

I hold a British passport. I am currently in Uk. My Husband is living in Gambia.
We have photos and proves that our relationship is genuine.
Thank you

Mrs.mdeben

Post by Mrs.mdeben » Sat Jul 05, 2014 6:53 pm

Ramou23 wrote:I hold a British passport. I am currently in Uk. My Husband is living in Gambia.
We have photos and proves that our relationship is genuine.
Thank you
Oh, I see. So you are just still planning to move to Ireland with your husband? I think you need to call the Embassy of Ireland in your husband's country so he can apply for visa.

Once you are both in Ireland, you need to live there and you need to find a job or be self employed so you can exercise your treaty right, it is not an easy route, you will spend money and effort. You need to stay in Ireland for 3 months or more.

Check this one out:

Ramou23
Newly Registered

Post by Ramou23 » Sat Jul 05, 2014 7:05 pm

Yes I am working and saving at the moment hoping to apply for his visa by the end of this year.
I am just concern and worried about our Marriage certificate to weather it will be accepted or not as it was Proxy and it is accepted in Gambia.

Gambia does not have an Irish Embassy, so if I am inviting him to join me He has to send it to Dublin with DHL.

I am planning on going to Ireland in November which means I have to quit my job, then find a job before inviting him. just scared maybe they will not give him the visa because of the Proxy Marriage Certificate. I ask a Lawyer who said it was fine as long as Gambia recognise Proxy but am just worried.

Thank you very much for taking your time to reply I really appreciate it.

Mrs.mdeben

Post by Mrs.mdeben » Sat Jul 05, 2014 7:19 pm

Ramou23 wrote:Yes I am working and saving at the moment hoping to apply for his visa by the end of this year.
I am just concern and worried about our Marriage certificate to weather it will be accepted or not as it was Proxy and it is accepted in Gambia.

Gambia does not have an Irish Embassy, so if I am inviting him to join me He has to send it to Dublin with DHL.

I am planning on going to Ireland in November which means I have to quit my job, then find a job before inviting him. just scared maybe they will not give him the visa because of the Proxy Marriage Certificate. I ask a Lawyer who said it was fine as long as Gambia recognise Proxy but am just worried.

Thank you very much for taking your time to reply I really appreciate it.
I'm not really sure about the proxy marriage. Did you try checking on the internet? Ask other lawyers and see what they will say. And about applying for Irish visa, I think that is the only way you can do it, try to check if you can just go to airport and get a stamp from there. It might worth trying. Just be sure once you go to Ireland, bring your husband as soon as possible because he needs to be living with you.

No worries. If you need any help, feel free to message me.

am.kamran
Newly Registered

Post by am.kamran » Mon Mar 02, 2015 4:51 pm

Hi guys,
I really don't know if I'm in right place and time to ask this question but i hope someone among you will take a little time to guide me through. My brother is British and I'm a non-EEU person in UK. I want to know what are the chances for me to apply through SS Route in Ireland. I can show proofs that I depend on my brother here in UK. Can anybody plz guide me through this.
thanks