ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

holiday outside the uk

Only for queries regarding Indefinite Leave to Remain (ILR). Please use the EU Settlement Scheme forum for queries about settled status under Appendix EU

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

zeeKK
Newly Registered

holiday outside the uk

Post by zeeKK » Sat Jul 05, 2014 5:23 pm

Hello, my husband needs to apply for his IDL next july 2015. We wanted to go abroad for couple of weeks this year, how many days can he stay out of the uk for? His spouse visa is for 2 years. We are confused keep getting mixed answers, please help

Casa
United Kingdom

Re: holiday outside the uk

Post by Casa » Sat Jul 05, 2014 5:40 pm

There is no stipulated limit to periods spent outside of the UK before ILR, but reasonable time away such as holidays are allowed.
There shouldn't be more than 90 days spent outside of the UK in the 12 months before applying for British Citizenship.
(Casa, not CR001)
Please don't send me PMs asking for immigration advice on posts that are on the open forum. If I haven't responded there, it's because I don't have the answer. I'm a moderator, not a legal professional.

zeeKK
Newly Registered

Post by zeeKK » Sat Jul 05, 2014 5:45 pm

Ok thank you for your response, i appreciate it

Casa
United Kingdom

Post by Casa » Sat Jul 05, 2014 6:03 pm

Enjoy your holiday :wink:
(Casa, not CR001)
Please don't send me PMs asking for immigration advice on posts that are on the open forum. If I haven't responded there, it's because I don't have the answer. I'm a moderator, not a legal professional.

asmiali

Post by asmiali » Mon Jul 07, 2014 12:56 pm

Casa,

What is the deal for spouses? Can they spend more than 90 days outside the UK in the last year? Also, it seems that the SET (O) form asks for a lot of information for the main applicant but none for the spouse. Is this correct or do I need to fill out a separate SET (O) form for the spouse?

Casa
United Kingdom

Post by Casa » Mon Jul 07, 2014 1:12 pm

They can't spend more than 90 days outside of the UK in the 12 month period prior to applying for BC. I can't answer your question about SET(O) as I have no idea of your situation.
(Casa, not CR001)

zeeKK
Newly Registered

Post by zeeKK » Mon Jul 07, 2014 1:16 pm

Hi Casa, i asked a solicitor he was saying only 28 days? I am confused again, we wanted to go for more than 28 days.

Has anyone else been on holiday more than 28 days within their last year of applying for ILR? And did it effect your application?

I am getting mixed answers from different sources, some say 90 days others ssy 28? My husband is under the 2 year rule. Please confirm somebody, imgetting worried.

Casa
United Kingdom

Post by Casa » Mon Jul 07, 2014 1:37 pm

You're confused. If you read my post again you'll see I mentioned British Citizenship not ILR. There is no set time for absences before applying for ILR.
(Casa, not CR001)

zeeKK
Newly Registered

Post by zeeKK » Mon Jul 07, 2014 2:09 pm

Ok thank you for answering my question