ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

British passport for baby born in UK Parents now on ILR

A section for posts relating to applications for Naturalisation or Registration as a British Citizen. Naturalisation

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

rahulravi5143
Newly Registered

British passport for baby born in UK Parents now on ILR

Post by rahulravi5143 » Wed Jul 02, 2014 12:05 am

Hi All

First of all thank you for all who are trying to help others and myself! I find this the best website for immigration forums! :-)

Without making this long, I will try explaining my situation and hoping that I'll be able to explain clearly. My one year old baby girl suffers from severe medical condition and was being treated in UK all along and is currently in India for further treatment. Any suggestions on the below will be greatly appreciated.

Time line:
Sept. 2008 - I got 5 year work permit
October 2012 - Baby was born and got an Indian Passport (No UK visa stamped)
Sept. 2013 - Both parents got Indefinite leave to remain (ILR) (Indian passports)
April 2014 - Baby travelled to India on Indian passport (To seek second medical opinion and Ayurvedic treatment)
Baby is now a British citizen through naturalisation (MN1 form) Applied in March received in early May (while she was in India)
Now to return to UK, she either needs to apply for ILR or British Passport. Ideally we want her to be in UK asap due to her ongoing medical treatment.

My question: Can I apply for her British passport from UK? (now that she is British citizen and I have all paperwork), I then travel to India and get her back on her British Passport? (as this is the quickest route to get her back to UK)

Will there be an issue with Immigration/Border agency when she returns, as she travelled out on Indian passport and her British passport was applied for within UK while she was in India?

Basically I am trying to avoid the ILR and application for her british passport from India, after reading about the wait time and dreadful experiences about applications from India. The number of documents and the time they take to process these applications from India is something I can't afford due to her condition.

Many Thanks again

Rahul

Amber
Mood:
United Kingdom

Re: British passport for baby born in UK Parents now on ILR

Post by Amber » Wed Jul 02, 2014 11:09 pm

Either a British Passport or certificate of entitlement.
**this forum is not intended to be a substitute for professional advice**
Click here to send me a PM regarding an offensive post. Do NOT PM me for immigration advice.

rahulravi5143
Newly Registered

Post by rahulravi5143 » Thu Jul 03, 2014 10:03 pm

Thank you for your response Amber

I am not quite sure what you meant?

My question: Can I apply for her British passport from UK? (now that she is British citizen bearing in mind she is not inside the UK), I then intend to travel to India and get her back on her British Passport?

Will there be an issue with Immigration/Border agency when she returns, as she travelled out on Indian passport and her British passport was applied in UK while she was in India?

vivdubes

Post by vivdubes » Sat Jul 05, 2014 6:00 pm

Yes you can apply her British passport from UK a She is British any ways and airline shouldn't have any issues and neither immigration she is coming home. :D