ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

child born in uk

A section for posts relating to applications for Naturalisation or Registration as a British Citizen. Naturalisation

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

amason

child born in uk

Post by amason » Sat Jun 28, 2014 9:02 am

Hello, I am asking this question on behalf of a friend.
She was married to an EEA resident but he left her, but still married on paper. She had a child with another man but to avoid confusion left the father column on the birth certificate blank.
Last year she sent the baby abroad and she returned back to the UK. The father is willing to apply for the child and he has been British citizen since 2008. The child was born in 2011 January.
Is it possible to apply in the UK even though the child is physically not in the UK. The mother claims child benefit.

What form must she fill. Will it be a straight BC application?

Will the father need a DNA test.

She called the council and they said they can change details on birth certificate.

Thank you honourables.

vinny

Re: child born in uk

Post by vinny » Sun Jun 29, 2014 1:12 am

If she was married at the time of child's birth, then the child's father will be deemed to be her husband.
50 wrote:(9A)For the purposes of this Act a child’s father is—

(a)the husband, at the time of the child’s birth, of the woman who gives birth to the child, or

[F14(b)where a person is treated as the father of the child under section 28 of the Human Fertilisation and Embryology Act 1990 or section 35 or 36 of the Human Fertilisation and Embryology Act 2008, that person, or

(ba)where a person is treated as a parent of the child under section 42 or 43 of the Human Fertilisation and Embryology Act 2008, that person, or

(c)where none of paragraphs (a) to (ba) applies, a person who satisfies prescribed requirements as to proof of paternity.]
This is not intended to be legal or professional advice in any jurisdiction. Please click on any given links for further information. Refer to the source of any quotes.
We do not inherit the Earth from our ancestors, we borrow it from our children.

tanya_cz
Newly Registered

Post by tanya_cz » Sun Jun 29, 2014 5:27 pm

" the child is physically not in the UK. The mother claims child benefit. "

as far as i know, if the child is outside uk for more than 8 weeks, you
cant claim child benefit.

if found out, you would have pay back

Amber
Mood:
United Kingdom

Post by Amber » Sun Jun 29, 2014 5:51 pm

For child benefit, it depends if the child is in another EEA state.
**this forum is not intended to be a substitute for professional advice**
Click here to send me a PM regarding an offensive post. Do NOT PM me for immigration advice.

amason

Post by amason » Tue Jul 01, 2014 1:46 am

thanks for the response.

she got an appointment this week with the council to register the father on the child's birth certificate since it was left blank at the time of initial birth registration.

I will update on how it goes.

thanks again

tanya_cz
Newly Registered

Post by tanya_cz » Wed Jul 02, 2014 2:11 pm

these are the rules for child benefit

you are supposed to inform them of any residence changes etc
Attachments
cb01.jpg
cb01.jpg (127.73 KiB) Viewed 632 times

amason

Post by amason » Sat Jul 05, 2014 9:19 pm

The registration was successful; she will hopeful send BC application next week.

Thank you all

amason

Post by amason » Mon Aug 18, 2014 11:12 pm

My friend got her son's British passport last week. Can she use the passport to bring her son to the UK since the son is currently abroa. He left UK without a visa just mother's home country passport.

Thanks for your continuous support