ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Bank Statement Query

Archived UK Tier 1 (General) points system forum. This route no longer exists.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

ab_hsmp
Newly Registered

Bank Statement Query

Post by ab_hsmp » Sun Aug 05, 2007 10:07 am

Hi

I am planning to seek exceptional evidence for Past Earnings section.

For this I am providing Bank Statement along with other "required proofs".

My bank statement DOES show the name of company but statement "narration" does not show it as "SALARY CREDIT". Instead it shows this as NEFT transfer with company name.

Will this be a problem? I would appreaciate any information in this regard.

venga_pal

Post by venga_pal » Mon Aug 06, 2007 12:45 pm

Well..

1) What is NEFT ? Can your bank confirm the meaning of the transfer on an official letter head along with the Payee details?.

2) Can your employer confirm such transfer in a letter.

Provided you present these two above pieces of evidence, you should be fine.

Also note that you have to ensure you provide a compelling reason of why you couldnt provide the primary evidence as mentioned in the guidance notes.

Hope its helpful...
Cheers,
venga_pal

fly2uk

Post by fly2uk » Mon Aug 06, 2007 3:25 pm

You need to provide a letter from your bank on their letter head that XXXX company has been crediting salary to your account every month and also provide a breakup of amount credited and date of credit of salary for each of the 12 months, I think you should be fine.

You should be able to get a letter from your bank if you reuqest them.

John
United Kingdom

Post by John » Mon Aug 06, 2007 3:31 pm

ab_hsmp, you get payslips? If so the net amount showing on those payslips exactly equals the amount being credited to the bank account?

If so, clearly no need to be concerned about this.
John

ab_hsmp
Newly Registered

Post by ab_hsmp » Mon Aug 06, 2007 4:09 pm

NEFT is National Electronic Funds Transfer. Its a term given by Reserve Bank of India.

I contacted CITIBANK Suvidha account customer representative. She refused to give any special letter which mentions salary credited into account. Now I am planning to meet with branch Manager and explain him my situation.

I will contact branch manager if my company refuses to give salary letter.

I am planning to get a letter from employer which mentions annual gross pay and net pay and which says I have been working for more than 12 months.

I have spoken with HR today and she said that I need to tell the reason why this letter is required. This is because as per standard format she has to write reason in letter itself. So, letter will be something like ..... This letter is issued for the purpose of loan..... will it be a problem????

John, both bank statement and net pay in salary slip match exactly. But considering the kind of reasons caseworkers gives for rejection I want to be sure. Have you seen any such case which got approved.

venga_pal

Post by venga_pal » Mon Aug 06, 2007 5:09 pm

Hi ab,

Can I ask you if you r gonna submit ITR for the claimed period? ( I understand you dont). So first of all make sure you have a valid reason.

I do not understand why she(bank lady) has refused to provide a letter. All you are asking is a letter about your own A/c. I strongly feel you should speak to the branch manager.

In case you are unsuccesful in getting such a letter from the bank, I believe, you need a letter from the employer confirming your salary and the mode of salary payment.(i.e. NEFT)

And for the HR, may be try persuading the HR person to write 'personal' in the space for REASON. If you are unsuccesful to get such thing, request them to write 'a bank loan' and give good explanation in the HSMP application and the covering letter that your company only issues such letters on request for a valid purpose. And also that you do not like to disclose about your HSMP application to the employer until you have the HSMP approval letter.

Hope that should be fine.

hope this helps,

Cheers,
Venga_pal