ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Tier 1 Extension 2015 or ILR through SET(M)?

Archived UK Tier 1 (General) points system forum. This route no longer exists.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

moosikgeek
Newly Registered

Tier 1 Extension 2015 or ILR through SET(M)?

Post by moosikgeek » Sun Jul 06, 2014 10:34 am

Hi all,

I'm in I guess a somewhat interesting situation...

1. T1G granted Jun 2010
2. Entered UK Aug 2010 (3+2)
3. Extended T1G Jun 2013 (2 years)
4. T1G expires Jun 2015.

So, I won't be able to apply for ILR unless I extend in April 2015 and then wait 4 months on the T1G and then apply for ILR. Meaning £2007 for 4 months if I go to the PEO.

I have been with my partner for 3 years, but living together for 1. I do have a bank statement (not joint account, so it only has my name on it) that had been sent to his address for the last 2 years though. I have Southwest Trains tickets/receipts and accounts that demonstrate that I was basically living with him on the weekends and having to stay in London on the weekdays because of work.

We are contemplating marriage after now having lived with each other for a year and a joint account for that amount of time. However, there's nothing in the rules that gives me an indication about which is better in my case for ILR...

Anyone know about what it means to switch from T1G to Spousal to ILR route? Does that mean I have to wait 5 extra years on the spousal visa regardless if I've already been here 5 years on T1G? Would it just be quicker (but more expensive) for me to go down the T1G extension to ILR through that route?

Would appreciate any advice given please!

Thanks,
Tim

Amber
Mood:
United Kingdom

Re: Tier 1 Extension 2015 or ILR through SET(M)?

Post by Amber » Sun Jul 06, 2014 1:40 pm

Yes, 5 more years.
**this forum is not intended to be a substitute for professional advice**
Click here to send me a PM regarding an offensive post. Do NOT PM me for immigration advice.