ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Appendix 2 VAF4A

Family member & Ancestry immigration; don't post other immigration categories, please!
Marriage | Unmarried Partners | Fiancé | Ancestry

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

vikas_2603

Appendix 2 VAF4A

Post by vikas_2603 » Tue Jun 24, 2014 11:21 pm

Hi

In section "3.3 From the list below, please indicate the main method of meeting the financial requirement."

I select "Income from self employment >>>>"

Now I need to select "Indicate which option you are relying on>>>>> category F or category G.

I am not sure which option to select here? If I select category F, it asks me to fill up section 3D as my income exceeds the requirement of £18,600. I don't have any other income in the UK except for self employment.

If I select category G, it asks me for 2 years' self employment earnings but I am self employed only for past 1 year and 8 months.

Also, what is the full financial year? Is it 6th April 2013-5th April 2014 or my company's tax year which runs from October to October?

Thanks in advance

batleykhan

Re: Appendix 2 VAF4A

Post by batleykhan » Wed Jun 25, 2014 9:25 pm

9. Self-employment or Director of a specified limited company in the UK

9.1. Category F: Last full financial year

9.1.1. Where the applicant‟s partner (and/or the applicant if they are in the UK with permission to work) is in self-employment, or is the director of a specified limited company in the UK, at the date of application, they can use income from the last full financial year to meet the financial requirement.

9.2. Category G: Average of last two full financial years

9.2.1. Where the applicant‟s partner (and/or the applicant if they are in the UK with permission to work) is in self-employment, or is the director of a specified limited company in the UK, at the date of application, they can choose instead to rely on Category G. This allows them to use an average of the income received in the last two full financial years to meet the financial requirement.

The Financial Tax years runs from April to March

Hope this helps

abdulraheem123

Post by abdulraheem123 » Thu Jun 26, 2014 9:39 pm

vikas_2603 wrote:Hi

Also, what is the full financial year? Is it 6th April 2013-5th April 2014 or my company's tax year which runs from October to October?

Thanks in advance
if you have your own company than

"(ii) Personal bank statements covering the same 12-month period as the Company Tax Return CT600 showing that the salary as a director was paid into an account in the name of the person or in the name of the person and their partner jointly.
(d)Where the person receives dividends from the company, all of the following documents must also be provided:
(i) Dividend vouchers for all dividends declared in favour of the person during or in respect of the period covered by the Company Tax Return CT600 showing the company‟s and the person‟s details with the person‟s net dividend amount and tax credit."

if self employed then its april til march

vikas_2603

Post by vikas_2603 » Mon Jun 30, 2014 3:53 pm

Thanks Guys.

batleykhan - The info you provided clarifies that I should be declaring myself as self-employed (Part 3C) and can use category F if the financial requirement is met from the last financial year (which is the case with me). Could you please provide me the source of this info as I couldn't find it on UKBA website.

I have few further questions please -

In section 3c, there is a question - 3.54 Is your sponsor registered as self employed in the UK with HM Revenue & Customs (HMRC)?
I am not registered with HMRC as self - employed (as per my accountant). Is this a problem?

In category F, there is a question - ii) Does your sponsor’s self employment earnings (before tax) in the last full financial year meet or exceed the financial requirement you must meet? Put a cross (x) in the relevant box. If yes - go to section Part 3D.
Part 3D asks for ioncome from other non-employment sources.
Do I need to fill this up even if I meet the fionancial requirement in category F? Should I be putting in my income from equities?

What would happen if I declare myself as employed and fill up "Part 3A Your sponsor’s income from salaried employment in the UK" instead of part 3C? My accountant says that I am a salaried employee of my own company...

The appendix 2 form can be found here for your reference - https://www.gov.uk/government/uploads/s ... endix2.pdf

Regards
Vikas

vikas_2603

Post by vikas_2603 » Sun Jul 06, 2014 6:56 pm

Please help with a response...

Des1080
Newly Registered

Post by Des1080 » Mon Jul 14, 2014 12:28 pm

Hi, I have a question. For the last 2 years I have been director of my own limited company, company A. I then closed down my company, few months later open a new limited company, company B. Am I still able to apply for my spouse using this category (F or G)?

BD786
Newly Registered

Post by BD786 » Thu Apr 09, 2015 3:48 am

vikas_2603 wrote:Hi

In section "3.3 From the list below, please indicate the main method of meeting the financial requirement."

I select "Income from self employment >>>>"

Now I need to select "Indicate which option you are relying on>>>>> category F or category G.

I am not sure which option to select here? If I select category F, it asks me to fill up section 3D as my income exceeds the requirement of £18,600. I don't have any other income in the UK except for self employment.

If I select category G, it asks me for 2 years' self employment earnings but I am self employed only for past 1 year and 8 months.

Thanks in advance
my total income from self employed is £17,500 after expence net proffit is £9,300 also my business total income is £13,000 after expence net profit is £9,550. how do i fill Part 3C 3.58 catagory F (what the amount to put there) and whats the amount would be in Part 3D (d)(e)&(F)( i mean total income or net profit)

BD786
Newly Registered

Post by BD786 » Thu Apr 09, 2015 3:58 am

my total income from self employed is £17,500 after expence net proffit is £9,300 also my business total income is £13,000 after expence net profit is £9,550. how do i fill Part 3C 3.58 catagory F (what the amount to put there) and whats the amount would be in Part 3D (d)(e)&(F)( i mean total income or net profit)

BD786
Newly Registered

Post by BD786 » Thu Apr 09, 2015 4:11 am

ALSO DO I HAVE TO PROVIDE EVIDANCE THAT I M SUPPORTING MY KIDS, THEY ARE WITH MY FORMER WIFE. CURRENTLEY I'M NOT SUPPORTING THEM AND I DON'T KNOW WHER THEY ARE IN uk