ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Successful Application straight after ILR, anyone?

A section for posts relating to applications for Naturalisation or Registration as a British Citizen. Naturalisation

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

brokenangel88
Newly Registered

Successful Application straight after ILR, anyone?

Post by brokenangel88 » Sun Jul 06, 2014 6:38 pm

Hi,

Anyone had, or know of someone who has, applied for Citizenship straight after ILR when only having spouse visa prior and nothing else, and been successful?

My hubby been granted ILR ( yay) and is waiting for his BRP but people he knows and a couple of his relatives applied for citizenship within a few weeks of having ILR and were successful.

we want to try it but are scared to lose that much money just in case....

A bit of background knowlege: Hubby entered the UK in 2009 on a 6 month tourist visa, met me half way through n never went home lol until we married in his country in 2011, spouse visa was refused but upon appeal was granted, and returned to uk in june 2012. just for his ILR last week, I am british uk born and resident.

nadeem toheed

Re: Successful Application straight after ILR, anyone?

Post by nadeem toheed » Sun Jul 06, 2014 9:07 pm

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Post by CR001 » Sun Jul 06, 2014 9:10 pm

If you are British and hubby has been legally resident for 3 years and has ILR and meets the requirements, he can apply.

But if he arrived in June 2012 on a spouse visa, then he will only be eligible to apply for citizenship in June 2015 once he has been legally resident for 3 years to the day.
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

nadeem toheed

Post by nadeem toheed » Mon Jul 07, 2014 11:53 am

CR001 wrote:If you are British and hubby has been legally resident for 3 years and has ILR and meets the requirements, he can apply.

But if he arrived in June 2012 on a spouse visa, then he will only be eligible to apply for citizenship in June 2015 once he has been legally resident for 3 years to the day.
Hi Croo1y
i got ILR last year June and applied my Naturalization 10th June this year (Hope i will get it in July or August this year, My Question is
My wife came very firs time in UK 2006 as student dependent ......... got her FLR(m) September 2013 and got ILR on 03rd July this year
Is she eligible to apply Naturalization , after i naturalized this year?

Whats Your word on this please

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Post by CR001 » Mon Jul 07, 2014 2:28 pm

nadeem toheed wrote:
CR001 wrote:If you are British and hubby has been legally resident for 3 years and has ILR and meets the requirements, he can apply.

Hi Croo1y
i got ILR last year June and applied my Naturalization 10th June this year (Hope i will get it in July or August this year, My Question is
My wife came very firs time in UK 2006 as student dependent ......... got her FLR(m) September 2013 and got ILR on 03rd July this year
Is she eligible to apply Naturalization , after i naturalized this year?

Whats Your word on this please
Once you are British and have received your naturalisation certificate, your wife can apply for British Citizenship on form AN as a spouse of British Citizen if she has 3 years legal residence and ILR. She will not need to wait 12 months on ILR as any legal visa stay is counted towards the 3 year residency requirement. She will need to meet the standard requirements and LIUK and English B1 again.
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.