ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Urgent!! General Visitor visa rejection for Mother in Law

Archived UK Tier 1 (General) points system forum. This route no longer exists.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

amitabh.c12
Newly Registered

Urgent!! General Visitor visa rejection for Mother in Law

Post by amitabh.c12 » Sat Jul 05, 2014 8:26 pm

Hi,

I had applied for a general visitor visa for my mother in law which has got rejected. My current visa ICT T 2 is expiring in August 2014.However same is under extension and I expect to receive my Biometric card by end of August. As my visa was expiring in August and I wanted my mother in law to visit us in July, I had provided the documents of my Brother in Law as the invitee.He has a UK ILR and he had shown my mother in law as his aunt . Please find attached the rejection reasons:

• You state that you wish the visit the UK for a period of 6months,although you have failed to provide any justification or your plans for wanting to go and remain in the UK for 6months,considering your commitment in the country of habitual stay, no matter how little
• When questioned in your application form about what your spouse’s details are, you had listed your own details, as oppose to his and it is not known why you have not included this information
• You appear to be unemployed and appear to be supported and as evidence of your finances, you submitted your bank statement with State Bank Of India ( jointly owned by you and your spouse ) which shows a closing balance of Rs.109,044.71 on 12-06-2014 a second account from the same bank with a balance of Rs. 700,000.00 on 31-05-2014. I have carefully considered your application; however you have not provided any credible or verifiable evidence demonstrating how you accrued all the funds shown in your account
• In reaching this decision, I took in to account the fact that you presented a property deed, nevertheless, this still does not show the source of the monies how you incurred it , bearing in mind that you declared in your form that you do not have savings,property or other income e.g from stocks or shares

My questions:

a) Is there a cooling off period after application rejection before I can reapply again?

1. Can my brother in law invite my mother in law as his aunt?

One of the rejection points was: You state that you wish the visit the UK for a period of 6months,although you have failed to provide any justification or your plans for wanting to go and remain in the UK for 6months,considering your commitment in the country of habitual stay,no matter how little

2. Considering the above rejection reason, is visiting a relative for a period of 6months too long considering that the relative is not a direct relation? Is that a strong ground for rejection?

3. If we re-apply again the reduce the period of requested stay to 2 months, will that again create an issue saying there is a discrepancy between your earlier form and current form?

4. I intend to draft a covering letter alongwith the application form. In that, do I need to put down the rejection reasons and put in a justification against each point?

5. On the financial part, my mother in law had submitted bank statements work 8 lac, fixed deposits of 4 lacs and house deed and her husband's salary statements.Still the visa office has questioned the source of funds.

Can you guide me with the best possible answers to these questions

O_Relly

Re: Urgent!! General Visitor visa rejection for Mother in La

Post by O_Relly » Sun Jul 06, 2014 2:23 pm

Reading the reasons for rejection, I don't think the problem appears to be your BIL inviting your MIL as his aunt.

The problem appears to be not providing a convincing enough reason what 'the visitor' (your BIL's aunt) intends to do in the UK in this 6 months, that she is willing to stay here. There appears not enough information as to how your BIL knows your aunt, how long they have known each other, is she visiting to spend time to visit your BIL and his family? Is she planning to travel around the UK as a holiday? This justification needs to be provided to prove why she intends to stay with your BIL for 6 months. (the fact that she is your MIL, and wants to spend time with you and your family, is going to be difficult for your BIL or the applicant to explain to the UKBA)

On the financial aspect, the applicant (your BIL's aunt) claims to be unemployed, but has submitted proof of funds(bank stmts in her name?), and has provided no explanation as to how she managed to get those funds. If it is a joint bank account (with the name of her spouse included) she must provide explanation, that the income was generated by her spouse who is employed, and is not earned by her, and that she is supported by her spouse.

In summary, as far as UKBA is concerned, it is the applicant's responsibility to provide all information to prove she has strong ties to her home country, and has no intention of staying longer than her original intended period in the UK.

Hope this helps.
Cheers,
Cheers,
OR

amitabh.c12
Newly Registered

Post by amitabh.c12 » Sun Jul 06, 2014 9:39 pm

Hi,

Thanks for your reply. To answer your question of establishing a connection between my MIL and BIL,this is what I intend to put in the form as my purpose of visit of my MIL:

The purpose of my visit is to visit my very close nephew and his family. He is my sister’s son and has been very close to me since his childhood.His son was born in 2011 and he has not been able to come to India since.I have not met the child since his birth and intend to spend some quality time with the little kid.I would also like to visit the various historical places in and around London during the period of my stay.

Please let me know if the above sounds convincing enough to establish a strong connection between my BIL and my MIL as his aunt. Does it sound too little a purpose to stay for 6 months at a relative's place whose is not a direct blood relation?

Would you suggest to reduce the period of stay declared in the form from 6 months to 2 months? will that help convincing UKBA ?

Also in case we go with the option of declaring 2 months on the form, can she stay for a period of 6 months considering the minimum visa validity given is 6 months.

O_Relly

Post by O_Relly » Mon Jul 07, 2014 1:59 pm

What might sound convincing to me might not sound convincing to the visa officer, so I cannot really comment on that. However, if you BIL is your MIL's nephew, then there is good reason he wants to invite her and and accommodate her for her stay and travel in the UK.

If you state 2 months in the form and you are granted 6 months visa time, then there is no hassle in her staying 6 months.

Note: Pay attention, while filling up the application form, another reason for rejection was, she had mentioned her own name in the space for spouse name, and then she had submitted her husbands salary statements, with no explanation of her relationship to him.
Cheers,
OR

kiran.katawa
Newly Registered

Post by kiran.katawa » Sat Oct 10, 2015 6:46 pm

Hi,

My in-laws visa is also rejected for not showing the documents supporting the amount mentioned in their name in the form.
Now, am planning to deposit around 1000 pounds of equivalent money in Indian currency and would like to invite my mother-in-law only to UK.

Do I need to mention in my covering letter that I have(son-in-law) has deposited the required money to show the sufficient funds in her account?

please help.