ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Benefits Query for kids

Questions and discussions about claiming benefits while living and working in the UK

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

ali933

Benefits Query for kids

Post by ali933 » Wed Jul 02, 2014 6:52 pm

Experts,

I have few questions to ask as we are confused about claiming benefits.

My friend has recently got his ILR and he has 4 kids and a wife dependant on him and all his family will be eligible for ILR in next 5 year due to current immigration rule.

can he claim following benefits on for his children on his ILR status.

Child benefit
child tax credit
housing benefit

look forward to hear from experts as what needs to be done to be eligible for benefits.

Thanks

Amber
Mood:
United Kingdom

Re: Benefits Query for kids

Post by Amber » Thu Jul 03, 2014 4:07 pm

**this forum is not intended to be a substitute for professional advice**
Click here to send me a PM regarding an offensive post. Do NOT PM me for immigration advice.

ali933

Post by ali933 » Thu Jul 03, 2014 5:51 pm

thanks Amber.

i have looked at this and what i have understood is that he can only claim child benefits for them..
is that correct

Amber
Mood:
United Kingdom

Post by Amber » Thu Jul 03, 2014 9:25 pm

Child benefit his name, tax credits in joint names and housing benefit be careful as will have to be joint claim but only giving a single person/lone parent amount, which not all councils will do.
**this forum is not intended to be a substitute for professional advice**
Click here to send me a PM regarding an offensive post. Do NOT PM me for immigration advice.

inzaghi
Newly Registered

Post by inzaghi » Sun Jul 06, 2014 10:47 am

I am wondering what people who claim benefits will write on application appendix which ask if you or your partner receive any benefits. This area is a trick to deny people whose sponsor have the right to claim some benefits. Those who will be extending their stay should check this clause very carefully if you will not extend using all income from benefits. With this trick some people will be denied when they extend their spouse visa. There is no option on the form to tell if is you the sponsor or the sponsored that receive benefits. You tick that you receive benefits it tells you to use the other option...income from benefits. I must state this is not the case for pre july 2012 applicants

theprideofpak

Post by theprideofpak » Mon Jul 07, 2014 6:26 am

ali933 wrote:thanks Amber.

i have looked at this and what i have understood is that he can only claim child benefits for them..
is that correct
Bro, honest advise, don't apply for housing benefit as if you are working full time, you'll get peanuts and it won't be worth keeping in mind that it can effect your family's visa. You can claim tax credits as well without any problem, make sure you are the claimant and money goes in your bank account. Thx

ali933

Post by ali933 » Mon Jul 07, 2014 3:23 pm

thank you all for this.