ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Overstaying Confusion

Only for the UK Skilled Worker visas, formerly known as Tier 2 visa route

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

kevstar
Newly Registered

Overstaying Confusion

Post by kevstar » Sun Jul 06, 2014 9:41 pm

I applied for an extension for T2G on 7th May 2014 as my visa was expiring on 8th June 2014. Home office rang me on 2nd July 2014 and told me that my documents are in the post. I haven't received them yet, hopefully I should have them by tomorrow.

I believe that it would be refused since my employer's sponsor license expired in 2012 and couldn't renew it due to an administrative error and company restructure etc.. My employer requested for my visa application to be placed on hold until they sort the licencing issue but this was declined - Reply from HO: A decision has been made.

I intend to file a fresh T2G application with our parent company as soon as I get my passports back. I have read about the automatic refusal for applications made beyond 28 days of overstaying. So, I would like to know when do I start overstaying or have I already overstayed?

I feel like I would die with stress. Please advise.

iworker
Diamond Member
Mood:
Pakistan

Re: Overstaying Confusion

Post by iworker » Mon Jul 07, 2014 8:41 am

the 28 days rule kicks in from the time you receive your documents.
So as long as u apply within 28 days of receiving your rejection, you should be fine. (to be on safer side, apply within 28 days of the date of rejection on the rejection letter)

kevstar
Newly Registered

Re: Overstaying Confusion

Post by kevstar » Mon Jul 07, 2014 10:02 am

Thanks again iworker. I still haven't received my passports back and I'm really hoping that they did not get lost in the post as this would be absolute disaster for me!

I can't seem to find the contact phone number for UKVI to inquire about this. If possible, could you help please.