ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Why must decision be sent by letter?

Only for the UK Skilled Worker visas, formerly known as Tier 2 visa route

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

rex90

Why must decision be sent by letter?

Post by rex90 » Mon Jul 07, 2014 11:11 am

The Home Office has confirmed that a decision has been made on my T2 application (in-country). Why can't they send me an email with the decision but instead force me to wait an excruciating 5 days (still to arrive)?

What's the logic behind this? Anyone care to enlighten me? I'm having a heart attack here.

the3rdman

Re: Why must decision be sent by letter?

Post by the3rdman » Mon Jul 07, 2014 11:55 am

I know how you feel, but physical documentation is the most authentic (and legally) binding form of correspondence. It's also delivered via a courier that specifically deals with passports and visas, so safety is an issue to be considered as well. An email could be sent accidentally, incorrectly, or to the wrong recipient, so it's not a preferred way to correspond with a visa applicant considering the sensitivity of the materials.

Ideally, yes, it would give us a better piece of mind, but I don't have any other response other than the one above. It's all speculation.

the3rdman

Post by the3rdman » Mon Jul 07, 2014 11:56 am

You could ask the HO for the tracking number on your documents, so you can at least feel like you have some control over the situation.

rex90

Post by rex90 » Mon Jul 07, 2014 11:58 am

Can I at least call them to get an answer? I don't think they will provide it. Any idea what number is the quickest way to reach them?
Thanks/