ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Biometrics

Family member & Ancestry immigration; don't post other immigration categories, please!
Marriage | Unmarried Partners | Fiancé | Ancestry

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

sallys
Newly Registered

Biometrics

Post by sallys » Mon Jul 07, 2014 12:42 pm

Hi,

I recently submitted my FLR(O) form for an additional 3 years of LTR - (Discretionary).
I have recieved a letter back saying that they have recieved my application and that it may take some time to process, as my case is complicated?
What do i need to do now, with regards to the Biometrics? DO they write to me to ask me to go to the post office and do them or do i need to just go and do them? Its all new to me and i have not had to do this before.
I am also very concerned that we have a holiday booked for the December. Does anyone have any idea on the wait times for the FLR(O) applcation, based on Article 8?
I am really worried we are not going to be able to attend a family wedding and lose nearly £2,000, as the flights are non - refundable.

I would never have booked them if i had known the wait times were so long.
Not quite sure also why my case is complicated. I have already had 3 years on Discretionary LTR, so this is just an extension. All the details are still the same, however now i have a daughter, born 2 years ago. This should not really make anything more complicated should it?

Any advice would be much appreciated.

Zee ali
Diamond Member

Re: Biometrics

Post by Zee ali » Mon Jul 07, 2014 2:14 pm

sallys wrote:Hi,

I recently submitted my FLR(O) form for an additional 3 years of LTR - (Discretionary).
I have recieved a letter back saying that they have recieved my application and that it may take some time to process, as my case is complicated?
What do i need to do now, with regards to the Biometrics? DO they write to me to ask me to go to the post office and do them or do i need to just go and do them? Its all new to me and i have not had to do this before.
I am also very concerned that we have a holiday booked for the December. Does anyone have any idea on the wait times for the FLR(O) applcation, based on Article 8?
I am really worried we are not going to be able to attend a family wedding and lose nearly £2,000, as the flights are non - refundable.

I would never have booked them if i had known the wait times were so long.
Not quite sure also why my case is complicated. I have already had 3 years on Discretionary LTR, so this is just an extension. All the details are still the same, however now i have a daughter, born 2 years ago. This should not really make anything more complicated should it?

Any advice would be much appreciated.

hi

Calm Down

Its just a normal letter which they send to everybody who apply under flro and flr fp.

It's your extension so u will be fine
I am not an immigration adviser
Any views expressed are my own opinion and should not be considered as legal advice
No liability is accepted for the content and for the consequences of any actions taken on the basis of the information provided

sallys
Newly Registered

Re: Biometrics

Post by sallys » Tue Jul 08, 2014 9:05 pm

Thank you. Does an extension tend to be quicker then?