ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

ILR Approved: Tier1G+LtdCompany Director

Only for queries regarding Indefinite Leave to Remain (ILR). Please use the EU Settlement Scheme forum for queries about settled status under Appendix EU

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

tier1seeker
Newly Registered

ILR Approved: Tier1G+LtdCompany Director

Post by tier1seeker » Mon Jul 07, 2014 10:15 am

Hello all

Thanks for all the inputs from this forum. Helped me greatly to prepare for my ILR application.

I held a Tier1G visa, am a Contractor and a Ltd Company dir, and had 4 yrs 11 months residence in UK before applying. Have compiled all documents submitted below. Hope this helps those applicants with similar situation as mine.

Application made on 5th Jul 2014 @Croydon PEO. Took 2.5 hrs for the entire process.

Docs submitted along SET(O) form:

For main applicant:

1. Passports (Old and New)
2. BRP
3. Letter detailing absences from UK during continuous residence*
4. Life in the UK Test – Pass Notification Letter
5. PBS Self Assessment Summary

The main applicant had a qualification recognised by the points based calculator, awarding 30 points for the qualification and degree taught in English equivalent to a Bachelor’s degree or above in the UK, awarding 10 points for English language. No other evidence was submitted as the main applicant had proved his English language requirements in a previous Tier 1 General application, submitting evidence at that time.

6. Earnings related documents:
a. Letter from the accountant detailing payment summary
b. Payslips (signed and attested by the accountant)
c. Dividend Vouchers (signed and attested by the accountant)
d. Invoices generated for the earnings period
e. Personal Bank Account Statements showing the payments made
f. Business Bank Account Statements generated during the earnings period
g. Limited Company Accounts Summary (I had them for last 2 years)

For PBS Dependant:

1. Passport
2. BRP
3. Life in the UK Test – Pass Notification Letter
4. PBS Self Assessment Summary – To show that the dependant had a qualification recognised by the points based calculator, awarding 30 points for the qualification and degree taught in English equivalent to a Bachelor’s degree or above in the UK, awarding 10 points for English language
5. Original University degree certificate
6. Original marriage registration certificate
7. Proof of cohabitation:

a. Driving Licence cards/counterpart of main and PBS dependant applicant
b. Letters from Home Office addressed separately to the dependant and main applicant
c. HMRC letters addressed to PBS dependant
d. NHS cards/letters
e. Personal bank statements addressed to the PBS dependant for random months spanning over last 2 years
f. Motor Insurance Policy with main applicant as the policy holder and PBS dependant as an additional driver
g. P60s of PBS dependant applicant

I submitted a cover letter (some on this forum consider this an overkill, I created one nevertheless), and included the above list as submitted documentary evidence. Also had P60s, Company docs (incorporation/VAT reg/UTR letter/Current Appointments Report), contract docs for backup, BUT DID NOT SUBMIT THEM AS EVIDENCE.

* Absence letter that I submitted detailed all departures and arrivals to UK over the continuous period and reasons for the absence (105 in total). Had requested my ex employer to provide my annual leave summary during my stint there and specify that all were approved and paid annual leaves. Unfortunately they did not maintain any such data on their systems and replied to me in a letter (on company letterhead) explaining the same. For backup, took a printout of my email to my ex-employer requesting the absence details and employer reply, and submitted them with the absence letter. For absences as a contractor, mentioned that none were work related.

Note: Cafeteria is closed on Saturdays.

Good luck with your applications.
Cheers.

hsr1972

Re: ILR Approved: Tier1G+LtdCompany Director

Post by hsr1972 » Mon Jul 07, 2014 11:46 am

Congratualations for your ILR . So you were a contractor for last 4 years 11 months ? I have a query if you are within 180 days of absence and if you are IT free lancer as a Sole trader and you were absence for 1 month and if you are being paid in UK during this time , eventhough the absence is not buisness related what is the reason can i specify . for example can i say as " Family Visit " ? Kindly give me the response for this.

Thanks

hsr_72

tier1seeker
Newly Registered

Post by tier1seeker » Mon Jul 07, 2014 12:03 pm

Hi

I was a permanent employee for the first 2 years and then a freelancer. Please not I am NOT A SOLE TRADER, I operate through my Ltd company. They are 2 different things.

I listed my absences (both - during my permanent employment and freelancing duration) - specified the duration - and added a reason for each (example Vacation/Visiting Family in home country). I did not complicate this by adding if I was being paid or unpaid during that time.

Keep it simple. List departure/arrival dates, destination/s, reason/s in table. Hope it helps.

cheers

hsr1972

Post by hsr1972 » Mon Jul 07, 2014 1:26 pm

Ok thanks for your kind response .So I will Prepare the table Departure and Arrival and Reason as you advised ... the reason i asked is because i was not working with any employer so i don't have any evidence i have to self declared as Family visit . For other absences i.e current employer i can get my absence letter from my employer. Since I am around 80 days in 5 years should i need to provide mandatory absence letter or doesn't even required because you fall less than 180 days. Your response would be more appreciated.

cheers
hsr72

tier1seeker
Newly Registered

Post by tier1seeker » Mon Jul 07, 2014 1:52 pm

Up to you mate. I was in doubt, didnt want to take a chance, so submitted.

cheers

hsr1972

Post by hsr1972 » Mon Jul 07, 2014 4:13 pm

Sorry , you have mentioned as " For absences as a contractor, mentioned that none were work related " what exactly does this mean ? Could be clear on this please ? Kindly respond to my query.

Thanks,
hsr72

tier1seeker
Newly Registered

Post by tier1seeker » Mon Jul 07, 2014 4:25 pm

Hi

After the absence table, i mentioned that i was employed from date1 - date2 with 'Employer' as a permie, and that I had requested a letter from them about my absences, which they didnt have.

To account for absences after my employment with 'Employer' (i.e when I went freelancing), i added a line saying , none of my absences after my permanent employment were work related, but personal vacations. thats what i meant by that line. apologies if it was confusing.

cheers